• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

All Newtwo Speculations and News

Do you like the New Pokémon?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• In between

• Total voters
That Mewtwo is clearly female, even after acknowledging the fact that legendaries, aside from Latias anf Latios, are genderless. Pokémon X & Y is starting to make a lot more sense now...

...hmm, I wonder what this could mean in regards to Sylveon.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
That Mewtwo is clearly female, even after acknowledging the fact that legendaries, aside from Latias anf Latios, are genderless. Pokémon X & Y is starting to make a lot more sense now...

...hmm, I wonder what this could mean in regards to Sylveon.

If you are implying a reference to genetics, it would hardly be surprising. Nintendo already referenced that with Deoxys (Deoxyribonucleic acid).

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
That Mewtwo is clearly female

No, according to movies, Mewtwo is male. He even had male voice actors that did his voice in the American 4kids dubbed versions.

Edit: I saw the Japanese Pokemon: Mewtwo's Awakening Trailer. This is what I have to say, "What?" x10. Seriously, according to the first two movies, Mewtwo was supposed to be male, not only that but he was supposed to be the only Mewtwo from that universe. In Ash's world, he is a clone of Mew, in Red's world, his kind is the parallel variation of Mew where instead of Mew, you had a speechless version of Mewtwo.

Last edited:
No, according to movies, Mewtwo is male. He even had male voice actors that did his voice in the American 4kids dubbed versions.

Edit: I saw the Japanese Pokemon: Mewtwo's Awakening Trailer. This is what I have to say, "What?" x10. Seriously, according to the first two movies, Mewtwo was supposed to be male...

You didn't read the context very well [at first]; however, what you just said in your edited post is exactly my point. Up until now, Mewtwo has had a distinctly male voice. Now all of a sudden it has a female's voice. I've never seen or heard of such a thing in any other form of media in which it has appeared, which leads me to believe that this Mewtwo is an entirely different Mewtwo—a possible "female" Mewtwo...

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Levitas

I find it hilarious that people are confused that the new mewtwo has a female voice. It's not the same mewtwo and it probably doesn't exist in the same canon as the entire rest of the movies with mewtwo in it. I dont mind the new forme or formes in general because it just added something its not like its a permanent redesign, it didn't take anything away.

Our faces when Mewtwo gets not ONE but TWO formes, one of which could very well be AT LEAST partially Fairy-type...

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
So the rumors were true...

My opinion: It's... serviceable. I'm not head-over-heels in love with it (like I am with THIS GUY - just look at his adorable face!) but I don't hate it either. If it turns out to be an entirely new Pokemon, like another successful recreation of Mew, only in Kalos instead of Kanto, that'll be much better than simply a new form of Mewtwo. Though it'll have the silly name of Mewthree or something like that.

If it turns out to be an entirely new Pokemon, like another successful recreation of Mew, only in Kalos instead of Kanto, that'll be much better than simply a new form of Mewtwo.

That Pokémon is a form of Mewtwo. This forme of Mewtwo is called the Awakened forme. This was confirmed ages ago if you didn't know already.

Damn, that sucks, Mewtwo didn't need a new form he was cool already... Yeah I'm way behind on X&Y news for some reason. I've got some catching up to do.

Fortunately, all the information you'll ever need can be found here. That is, of course, assuming that you have yet to scour the lovely assortment of X&Y news threads here on DGN...

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Fortunately, all the information you'll ever need can be found here. That is, of course, assuming that you have yet to scour the lovely assortment of X&Y news threads here on DGN...

I go to Serebii every now and then, but I mostly go to Bulbapedia for my news and general Pokemon information. I tend to avoid news gathering here on this forum because it's rife with rumors and I'm not sure what is true or not... like that Light-type rumor running around a few months back.

I go to Serebii every now and then, but I mostly go to Bulbapedia for my news and general Pokemon information. I tend to avoid news gathering here on this forum because it's rife with rumors and I'm not sure what is true or not... like that Light-type rumor running around a few months back.

Trust me, it's super easy to separate the rumors from the factual info, at least on here it is. It is actually kind of rare to come across someone (here in PD) blatantly claiming a rumor as fact; not to mention most of the factual stuff in here tends to contain links directly to Bulbanews and Serebii. That whole Light-type thing was more so a wishlist kinda deal than a rumor or theory of some sort. Threads in general are often just news and/or info pools...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom