• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

All Newtwo Speculations and News

Do you like the New Pokémon?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• In between

• Total voters

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
'Mewthree' is okay, but like I've said many times by now, I would have preferred it to be a form -- not a completely separate Pokémon. The design is okay, and the moves are typical Psychic moves.

We'll have all seen the recently release image of the new X Y pokemon that looks astoundingly like Mewtwo. http://i.imgur.com/9puTr2Q.jpg

It is probably one of the most interesting X Y reveals. But the reaction to 'Mewnew' (which is what I'm calling it) has been mixed, a lot of fans of the original 150 and Mewtwo never expected him to evolve. In fact, if there was one pokemon that never would it would probably have been Mewtwo but now it loosk like we were wrong...

Or are we. Is Mewnew actually Mewtwo's evolved form?
One theory suggests that this Mewnew is actually Mew's evolution, which could make sense; Mewtwo was cloned from Mew, it wouldn't be unthinkable to think that if Mew were to evolve that it'd look something like Mewtwo considering they share a similar genetic make up....

To me Mewnew looks like something that'd evolve into Mewtwo, it looks like a pre-Mewtwo with Mewtwo looking a lot more impressive and imposing and well formed than Mewnew... it'd feel wrong to me for Mewtwo to evolve into Mewnew considering that it looks like a chibi version of him...

But how about you guys? What do you think?
Is this Mewtwo's evolution? Mews?
Or another clone?
What are your theories?

Legendaries do not evolve. However, some of them can change form. Forme changing (yes, forme) is essentially a temporary, reversible form of evolution in a sense. Although, one huge difference is the fact that [legit] evolution implies aging (e.g., Pichu→Pikachu), while forme changing does not (e.g., Deoxys's Speed→Attack→Defense formes). Given that implication, having Mewtwo evolve would likely infuriate fans (including myself). What's worse is this "Newtwo"'s design has already received lots of backlash, and a great number of fans would prefer if it weren't related to Mewtwo at all...

I find "Newmew" intriguing for two reasons: 1.) Given the fact that Mew's design is based on a fetus in its early stages, hence the amniotic sac-like force field surrounding it at times, I wonder what the basis for Newmew's design entails upon explanation.

And 2.) Mewtwo's design is basically based on a genetically modified/mutated fetus—similar in a sense to the way that a lifeform can be heavily tampered with in its early stages in the real world. Such tampering [allegedly] serves to enhance the lifeform, but comes at cost (i.e., Mewtwo's [previously] unsustainable and psychopathic nature). That said, what need would there be for another clone? Did the scientists come to the conclusion that Mewtwo was a failed experiment? Or... assuming Newmew is just a new forme, I wonder what brings about its change. Could it have been modified by someone, much like Genesect is believed to have been? If so, then, for what reason? Could it be an attempt to defeat Extremespeed Genesect?

Also, "Mewtri" sounds neater...

Is Mewnew actually Mewtwo's evolved form?
One theory suggests that this Mewnew is actually Mew's evolution, which could make sense; Mewtwo was cloned from Mew, it wouldn't be unthinkable to think that if Mew were to evolve that it'd look something like Mewtwo considering they share a similar genetic make up....

To me Mewnew looks like something that'd evolve into Mewtwo, it looks like a pre-Mewtwo with Mewtwo looking a lot more impressive and imposing and well formed than Mewnew... it'd feel wrong to me for Mewtwo to evolve into Mewnew considering that it looks like a chibi version of him...

Mewnew is definitely not an evolution or Pre-evolution of Mewtwo, the Logic behind legendaries automatically rules that out. also the video showcasing Mewnew makes it look like it is a fully developed Pokémon physical wise, and doesn't look like a evolved or pre evolution of Mewtwo. I'm kinda stumped as to how Mewnew is connected to Mewtwo, but I think it has nothing to do with evolution.

New details revealed

Well guys it's Official, CoroCoro has revealed that Newtwo is in fact a forme of Mewtwo. I'm pretty sure alot of you will be annoyed by this, especially since the official sites were claiming it to be a completely new Pokémon (guess they were just teasing us). Going by what CoroCoro says, apparently "Mewtwo has awakened and became its new shape". So going by this I'm guessing this is Mewtwo (Awakening forme).

So with this confirmed... What are your thoughts now? Still hate it? Hate it even more? Still like it? Like it even more? Discuss!

Last edited:
I am so loving this. I like that it's a new Pocket Monster. It's design is beautiful to me. I think it might have something to do with Japan's kids. I'm glad I just got a 3DS XL for my birthday (to replace my stole Zelda 3DS :'() I lost my PKMN Black 2 with my 3DS so I won't bother getting it again. I'ma get this on Halloween and I'll have the best Halloween evah! This will definatly be on of my most used Pocket Monsters! Good job Satoshi-sensei!

Vaati101 said:
What are your thoughts now? Still hate it? Hate it even more? Still like it? Like it even more? Discuss!

Had a feeling this would be the case. I'm tired of Pokemon formes. It was a nice idea third generation with Pokemon like Deoxys but it's grown old since with many forced, aesthetically unappealing transformations. Mewtwo is my favorite Pokemon and I'm disappointed to see his tail attached on the back of his head. Talk about a rush job.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
...*headdesk*

WELP I'm fairly certain I don't have to repeat my thoughts on this matter. The Formes thing was annoying enough before they decided to retcon new formes into classic pokemon.

An update on some Mewtwo Form news. A recent trailer for the Next Pokémon Movie: Extremespeed Genesect - Mewtwo's Awakening, showcases Mewtwo Transforming into the new forme. I guess it doesn't show anything entirely new, but I thought it might be a good idea to at least show you how Mewtwo transforms.

[video=youtube;7tSVBVQzNMg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7tSVBVQzNMg[/video]​

We have yet to know exactly how this transformation can be triggered, but we should find out how when the Movie airs in Japan. along with this, we have confirmation from the official sites the name of this new Mewtwo forme. As I predicted the forme is labeled as Awakened Mewtwo or in Pokédex terms: Mewtwo (Awakened forme).

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
A longer version of that trailer on the Japanese pokemon YT channel showed Mewtwo had a feminine voice....I want to strangle someone. Does anyone know what Mewtwo's voice was like in the first movie in Japanese?

Regarding the awakening forme thing tho...well it's no secret that I hate the prevalence of formes in the pokemon world now, but this one really gets me. I'm starting to feel like a lot of the new formes are just storytelling devices because Nintendo can't come up with any good movie story ideas, or even game plot ideas apparently, without throwing a new forme into the mix. That's how I felt about both Shaymin and Keldeo, whose formes had no other rhyme or reason to them other than filling a movie role. Giratina at least sort of made sense to me because of the whole other dimensional thing, Kyurem just felt like a stretch to force the other dragons back into the story, and I sometimes feel the Kami Trio's formes were just a marketing ploy for Dream Radar.

And now with Mewtwo, it just seems so unnecessary. Mewtwo's story has been told, through the first movie and a subsequent anime special and though Gen I's Cinnabar Mansion journals, his story is not only badass, but also complete. Now it just feels like they are throwing him back in using a new forme as justification because "lol why not". But his forme doesn't make any sense, he's an artificially cloned pokemon, his genome is an enhanced version of Mew's, the scientists just wanted to clone a stronger Mew, why would he have an entirely new forme programmed into his genome? Right now, just judging by the movie title, it's implying that somehow some force inside of Mewtwo "awakens" and thus triggers this new forme, but why would the researchers who cloned him have added that forme into his genome in the first place? If the movie can provide satisfactory explanation for that then I might be able to forgive this forme's existence, but if the movie is all just "oh Mewtwo is sympathizing with Genesect's artificial origins and thus awakens some deep true potential because yayy power of the spirit of goodness" or some cheesy crap like that, words will not be able to contain my rage.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
What is this "light" type I keep hearing about?

And Mewtwo is probably the first to be bigger in his base forme then he is transformed.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Xinnamin said:
A longer version of that trailer on the Japanese pokemon YT channel showed Mewtwo had a feminine voice....I want to strangle someone. Does anyone know what Mewtwo's voice was like in the first movie in Japanese?

Here is that trailer, clearly it isn't the same Mewtwo from previous films.

[video=youtube;rTyPZGdEyyc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rTyPZGdEyyc#![/video]

At the end there's also some footage of the Eevee mini-movie that this Movie will come with, but that's not exactly as important.​

Zelda-Rocks

The King of all Rocks
I think they should have stopped making pokemon at Pokemon Emerald. after that pokemon turned from animals to deities. Palkia and Dialga were unnatural god-like pokemon. and now look at some of the Unova pokemon! some are like robots, coffins, candles, VIRIZON!

I'm a little late to this, but I just want to say like the new "MewNew" Pokemon. To be honest, I've never been a huge fan of MewTwo's design. Something about his facial features has always made him look kind of sickly to me. I'll take the original (and utterly adorable) Mew over him any day. :wynaut:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom