• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Alchemy System in Zelda Wii U?

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
I think this would be a great idea. You could form different kinds of potions and there would be differing levels of potions for more complex methods and their more useful. I also think this would be good because you could have the alchemy station shown on the gamepad and you could make the potions there.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
What I think should happen is they should expand on what was seen in SS.

I think this will be a great time to introduce the branching potions idea other people have tossed around in similar threads. I'd still rather the base potions be available to buy at regular shops, but if we want to upgrade the potions in different ways this will be the perfect way to do so. Let us gather different ingredients throughout the world and take them back so that they can add different effects that can branch off one another. Say, you can create a health potion that can either increase your health fully, or give you a limited-time damage reduction, or a limited-time heart count boost, or makes you stronger, or what have you. Basically, this can really work.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
For a great alchemy system there needs to be lot's of thing's to be integrated in order for this to work...

First off there has to be more of an emphasis on exploration as well as a vast overworld to explore and find set item's in order to have upgrades Etc. This could be done from collecting specific item's like Skyward Sword had but in my opinion it needs to be done on a larger scale. It would also be collect samples from plant life like in SS we were able to slice mushrooms to get it's content why not expand on this idea?

Another thing is that we need to have a motive to actually need potions if there is going to be more emphasis on them. So I would say the difficulty would have to be vamped up a notch in order for the player to actually have a reason to go and collect item's or extracts in order to make a certain potion. For me this is an interesting idea but it just seems that too many things will have to fall into place and even though I would love for more RPG aspects I do not want Zelda to turn into a full RPG experience.

.:Brony:.

Head Brony of ZD
The Wanderer said:
If anything, it would help promote Zelda's core of exploration.

Yeah, but the most aggravating thing about any LoZ game is having to run back and forth from place to place doing the same things over and over again, and doing that with a possibility of not finding the thing you went running after sounds pretty dumb to me.

Well, that's considering we go with one of the suggestions above of whether or not there should be certain spots where all of the ingredients are. I mean, if they are for sure in the same place every time, or you know for sure that they are some place I'd be down w/ that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom