• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds ALBW Takes 18.5 Hours to 100%???

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
As ZeldaBLT's release date looms overhead, many people with dev copies have played through the game. What is up with that is that the game apparently takes 18.5 hours to wholly complete - not even a day!
The folks over at N1ntendo have managed to 100% the title in 18.5 hours. Yes, 100%. The story, sidequests, and obtaining every possible item/upgrade. - See more at: http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/a...hly-18-hours-to-complete#sthash.XeZvhHyY.dpuf

Cor blimey that is simply too short :P my powerhouse of a PC will handle more than that! :P

But, really, don't you think that is a little on the short side? o_O

Source: N1Ntendo via Zelda Informer.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This is... short? For a handheld game?

...Since when?

Since Okamiden, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Fire Emblem Awakening, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days...the list could go for a while, but those are a few examples. Keep in mind that even DS games could exceed the 24 hour mark, and handhelds have since been making pushes to be more like their console brethren.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Since Okamiden, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, Fire Emblem Awakening, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days...the list could go for a while, but those are a few examples. Keep in mind that even DS games could exceed the 24 hour mark, and handhelds have since been making pushes to be more like their console brethren.

None of those games took much longer to 100%, even on a first playthrough, and... well, they're also not Zelda. Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks didn't take all that long to 100%, and a fair amount of their playtime (especially in ST) was spent in the transportation overworlds, which didn't have all that much to offer, essentially posing as interactive filler.

I also strongly oppose handheld games becoming like console ones. Naturally they need to progress and advance as time goes on, but handheld gaming is and always SHOULD BE designed to be played in quick bursts. This is something Sony miserably fails to understand, as evidenced by what little worthwhile games can be salvaged on the Vita, and it's one of the reasons why it's not as appealing as the 3DS. Even games like REvelations and Triple D were designed in such a way as to easily allow for 10-15 minute play sessions despite being very console-esque in their gameplay -- which is pretty ideal, if you ask me.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
It's so annoying when people include spoilers in the title - even though this isn't spoiling any pivotal plot points it's basically outlining the length of the story.

Anyway, this length is around average for a handheld Zelda game so it's about what I expected.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
18,5 Hours for them, 30 hours for me :D
Phantom Hourglass took me about 30 hours. I think it was 25 something. Ocarina of Time 3D (let's count it) 31 hours.

Well yes, for a Zelda, 18,5 hours seems a little empty filled with content. But I really don't believe anyone of those Review jerks. They get paid to play through the game. I pay to play the game, so, as a customer, I will enjoy that. And collect every Rupee als always.

Having prior knowledge of A Link to the Past's overworld probably helps in completing ALBW. Plus, this article doesn't specify who at Nintendo 100%'d ALBW so quickly. If it's the Zelda team, that's no shocker. It'll definitely take me a lot longer to complete the game since it took me 30 hours to get everything in Spirit Tracks, and people said that game is short.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
... am I supposed to be angry about this? Upset?... urrr, disappointed maybe?

Whether it's shorter than other Zelda games or not is irrelevant. A past game being longer doesn't change my experience of ALBW, does it? So I guess I'll see if 18 hours is enough, but I can't imagine it won't be, 18 hours is still a decent length game. I've also hated the un-necessary padding of recent Zelda games so if it's shorter to get rid of that **** then I'm all for it! :D

You guys of course someone beat it in a short period of time, OoT can be done 100% in six hours. For the average person it will take much longer to beat ALBW just as it would any other Zelda game but if your a pro gamer it's a different story.

So don't worry just yet guys.

Salem

SICK
I've also hated the un-necessary padding of recent Zelda games so if it's shorter to get rid of that **** then I'm all for it! :D
Exactly, if I would appreciate the shorter play time if there isn't any boring parts of the game, part of why ALTTP is my favorite is that there's no part in it that I dread to replay unlike some Zelde games I know of. :rolleyes:

I doubt that the game will be that short for the average gamers, I can't assume that it's going to be that short of a game based off one sites 100% run if you can provide more proof then sure, but either way Im still likely to enjoy the experience a great deal.

i literally dont care as long as its more than the measly 3 hours it took me to beat fourswords anaversairy edition i tend to take much longer than nessisary to beat a game as i like to take my time and screw around alot skyward sword wich has 72hours of content i got on release date and didnt beat until mid last year becuase i spent so much time experimenting and just simply enjoying it i took the time to re-explore a fungeon... did i really spell it like that acidenally well that doent matter as in my case its true i took the time to explore ever dungeon in the game immediatly after beating it i would just go back and take a good look at it all and find everything i missed and look for things that just look interesting the main reason for this is i usually speed through a game with little effort heck alot of people found portal 2 to be difficult on some puzzles taking half a hour or more for them yet i didnt see what they meant till p played through a second time and actually thought about why someone might not notice something the moment they enter a room heck i blazed through that game efortlessly besides the point i would rather have a game with lots of space to explore and mess around in instead of just getting it overwith CANT WAIT ONLY 10 DAYS LEFT TILL RELEASE AND I PREORDERED BACK IN AUGUST I CANT TAKE IT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom