• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds ALBW Currently Holds a 92 on Metacritic: Blew the PS4 Launch-Lineup Away

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
you're*
At any rate I apologize, if you think I was targeting you then all I have to say is "that wasn't the case" as I am simply trying to piss off my friend Dan. ;p

Uh huh. Well I don't believe you, it's pretty clear what you were doing. I've had Dan blocked cos he started doing it and it's not funny, it's just mean and I dunno why you'd want to be mean, so just stop it. Your supposed to be a HK, too.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
@JC & Hottie
Why is it that you two expected a higher score for the game? Is it perhaps the old "it's Zelda" handle? Or maybe you are just so interested in the game - and the legacy that it carries on its back - that you can expect no less?
I think the reason I expected a higher score was similar to Heroine's reasonings... as the likes of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks got similar scores yet I feel this game beats them in most ways - obviously I haven't played it but that's just my interpretation so far.

Plus, this installment seems like it has no major flaws so I thought maybe a 95 would have been the average score across the majority; however, take nothing away from 92 or 91(?) it's still a great score especially since this is a handheld game. In fact I still think reviewers still have that state of mind that handheld games are inferior to their console counterparts, which is shame really. Nevertheless I've read a few reviews and I've liked what I've read so far, bring on November 22nd woot woot!

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Now if we look at 3DS game rankings on metacritic, this game, with it's 91, is above al other 3DS games. Not even X and Y got into the 90's

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Will you **** off with that? It's not funny and your being an arsehole.

Offtopic for a few sentences: I know this quote is not meant to be extremely serious I think, but a reminder for the stuff (yeah, I'm the sulky one now): I was warned twice for crap here at Zelda Dungeon for 1: Calling a really stupid post stupid (these was the word I used) and 2: Insulting a member because I've made a funny joke of him (which was not meant to be serious and there was simply no insult to be found in my words). So if I had wrote the word from the quote, even with the Asterisks included, and continue with arsehole, I may have been banned for the lifetime here at Zelda Dungeon. Just for the record I have been warned for less :D

But let's get back to topic. And again, with a quote from Mercedes:

I fail to see how at all relevant the comparison to the PS4 line-up this is but alright... I'm sure everyone's cancelling their PS4 pre-orders as we speak.

Well in the first place, the comparison with the Playstation 4 Launch Games seems a little disjointed. But it isn't. This belongs to a whole series of events starting after the Launch of the Vita. Sony said "Nintendo really is no rival with their 3DS for them, anyway, they wish them the best of luck". I think this was a quote from Sonys Yoshida. I love my Vita, but it failed to tackle the 3DS. Now, the Playstation 4 Launch Games seems a little messed up. I know, simply putting A Link to the Worlds in the shelves of the Retailers won't be a big help in the competition against Sony and Microsoft. But when it comes to this Holiday-Season, Nintendo may hit the spot. Because they will release Super Mario 3D World soon. A clever move. Many people will think about their decision getting a 3DS/Wii U or Playstation 4 at Christmas. For the future of Nintendo, the discussion about the Playstation 4 Launch is not unimportant. There is a phrase in the German language "Über den Tellerrand schauen". I think in english it means something like "Looking beyond borders".

For a mobile Zelda, the scores are pretty impressive. But not only that. The Reviewer from Go Nintendo compared the Game even with the big AAA Zeldas from the consoles. And he had to admit, A Link between Worlds is now one of his favourites. I've read many Reviews with Reviewer writing similar words like the Reviewer from Go Nintendo. Of course we have to wait if A Link Between Worlds truly have the potential to a classic. But let's think for a moment. The ****storm after the Nintendo Direct presentation of A Link Between Worlds was huge (also I did not share these opinions). So this is indeed a huge success for the game after all the complaints (and especially the recents complaints about the Graphics).

Last edited:

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player

Ah. I don't personally count that as it isn't technically a handheld Zelda. Like, OoT is a console Zelda that happened to be put on a handheld. It was not meant to be on a handheld like A Link Between Worlds or the Pokemon games or several other titles.

But good catch there

Also I found out fore emblem awakening has a 92. More accurate to say its amount the greats of the 3DS, in the 90's where very few games on the system have gone

Last edited:

Jonouchi

Old school Pokemon master
As of now the public have given it an 8.8 there. And I think that's more reasonable.

Puiblic scores aren't worth trusting on metacritic, as they can easily be sabotaged whenever a company does wrong, for example. If you see a lower rating to something that critics praised, then more than likely it's just a group of people who seek to "ruin" a game's reputation. Just thought you should know. =P

Puiblic scores aren't worth trusting on metacritic, as they can easily be sabotaged whenever a company does wrong, for example. If you see a lower rating to something that critics praised, then more than likely it's just a group of people who seek to "ruin" a game's reputation. Just thought you should know. =P
And many critic ratings are paid advertising by game developers (and others). So often you can't trust those either.
My point was not that the public always get's it right. I just think the game deserves something around this 88% score.

Dan

I must say I'm really quite upset right now, It's terrible to see you this way as you are hurting both yourself Van, let's us all take a moment of time just to remind ourselves that we are all lovely humble people capable of emotions far beyond are own understanding, we are all humans here we have no reason to fight, I feel we sometimes we forget this, We must ignite the bond between one another if we truly wish to progress as a community, Merc don't get offended by what i'm about to say but it's not always about you, yes you are a kind young lady with lots of wisdom and shembadidaness, but that doesn't mean some banter between me and van is about you. Let's not call one another *******s a powerful and quite frankly cruel word we should never use, a word we should only reserve for sunny d girls

Anyway back on topic! :)

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor Blimey, put on your jogs on lads cos I got a lot to say about this one bamboza! So I was having a romp with the lads down the pub and quite frankly I think this installment of the legend of Zelda series is quite fantastic, I see nothing wrong with the meta critic score myself, a good game is a good game after all, and my PC will be far more interesting than the PS4 line up anyway cor yea! :P I disagree with ya JC and my boyfriend just came in the room I told him to go away I'm writing a post, which reminds me of the time me and my boyfriend wrote a letter to the Queen of England, anyway as I was saying, reviewers only get into that mind set as developers often think of their own games that way when on a handheld, it shouldn't happen but sadly it does.

Never take Meta Critic scores too seriously, and don't go around saying "I can't believe this game got higher than this" it doesn't mean a thing really, cos cos cos cos cos okay and listen cos I am being serious, cos Meta Critic is just all OPINION at the end of the day, cooooooooooor now anyway, I'm going down to the pub to have a romp with the lads

Cos

Unfortunately, I'm still very skeptical.

No, it's not that I don't believe everyone.... But I just disliked the DS Zelda games so much. Like, it's gotten to where I can't even stand to slog through PH or ST, and they're at the bottom of my Zelda quality list. I'm very encouraged that this looks like a full-blooded top-down classic Zelda style, but the DS games left such a bad taste in my mouth with the clunky 2.5D, I don't think I'll be picking this one up at launch. I'll play it eventually for sure, but I'd rather put my money towards Arkham Origins, or Mario 3D World, especially since I've already got my hands full with the 3DS with Pokemon and all that.

Still, good to see Zelda scores staying high. Although I'm not the biggest fan of the directions the series has been taking for the past five years, it still makes me happy to see so many people still enjoying the games.

Kirino

Tatakae
Although I originally wasn't very interested in this game (a first for me when it comes to Zelda), recent footage I've watched, new information, and all the hype have gotten me pretty excited. The positive reception and review scores thus far are also nice to see, and have helped to alleviate my scepticism. I'll likely be picking it up on release.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
GameTrailers made an pretty, spoiler free Video-Review. They scored the game with an 9,8/10. The score is indeed impressive. But it was the summary of the Review that is even more promising. He says A Link Between Worlds is not only a brillant reference to A Link to the Past, but also a return to Zeldas NES roots. You have pretty much freedom, and the exploration of Lorule makes you feel you're solving a giant puzzle. His closing comment was A Link between Worlds is one of the most impressive new Zelda Games in years. This, he was commenting, is the right direction Nintendo should go for upcoming Zelda Games (when it comes to freedom and the mechanics).

I have to play the game by myself. I mean now. Right in this moment. It took me a while to look forward to Skyward Sword in the past, but since the announcement, I'm so looking forward to A Link between Worlds.
Maybe I'm too nostalgic, but for me it will be a trip back to the 90s :)

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I;ve been excited about this game since it announced. ALttP is my favorite game of all time as most of you know by now, and finally seeing some legit reviews out there saying that im not getting excited in vain, is very encouraging. I cant wait till next week to finally get my hands on this game. the wait has lasted too long, which is actually a good sign, as i havent actually waited on the release of a game in a very long time. Most of my attention is on Retro games, so im one of those guys who wait for a price drop or used copy to spend my money, but not with ALBW. this is a big purchase for me as i have to get my 3DS with it, im also looking forward to playing through OoT again, as well as some other 3DS titles ive seen. So excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom