• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds ALBW Currently Holds a 92 on Metacritic: Blew the PS4 Launch-Lineup Away

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Everyone was bashing Nintendo because of the weak Lineup of the Wii U. Unfortunately, until Pikmin 3, the Lineup was indeed pretty uninteresting (besides New Super Mario Bros. U and Ports like Darksiders 2 or Mass Effect 3).

Now, with the Playsation 4 is launching tomorrow in the US (hope I'm well informed), the Playstation 4 Launch.Lineup was received bad to medicore.

This is Nintendos move. A Link Between Worlds blew away every single Playstation 4 Game and holds currently a 92 at Metacritic (Keza MacDonald from IGN gave it a 9,4 out of 10) based on 21 professional Reviews. Maybe the Game will drop later to 88-89, but at the moment, this looks really good. This is the best commercial Nintendo can get when it comes to the Internet.

For a Zelda/Nintendo Fan, these are awesome news. I really can't wait to play A Link Between Worlds and New Super Mario 3D World.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I was expecting a higher metacritic score to be honest; however, a 9.2 is a great score (especially for a handheld installment) and I wouldn't be surprised if it blows away Xbox One's line up as well, scratch that, it's very likely that it will ;p

I had a hunch that this game was going to be a great game even from the first trailer, a lot have doubted it and felt it was more of a remake, so hopefully these high scores change others' opinions. Now I just need to preorder, as I keep forgetting lol.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
I was expecting a higher metacritic score to be honest;

Oh, really? I was expecting something about 85. Every score about 90 is pretty impressive over at Metascore. I think Ocarina of Time (N64) is still the highest rating Videogame with an absurd score of 99.

Unfortunately, A Link Between Worlds is now at 91. But there are even more Reviews now. So, this is just looking good. There are 29 Reviews now. Only one mixed Review by Destructoid.

Oh, by the way. The Review from IGN is very interesting. Absolutely no Spoilers (just what I needed after the Video-Spam). Seems like, there is a twist at the end of the game.

(And damn, It's sad I'm used to the German language this much, I write every important word with a capital letter (I mean this "A B C") ~.~)

@Juicie

I thought only Microsoft Fanboys will do such stuff :D

To be honest, I really like Sony. But, including the Vita Launch-Lineup, this is the most horrible Playstation Launch. Not a big surprise the game will Launch in Japan in February 2014. And, I really don't get if it was such a smart move to release so many Shooter.

I was expecting a higher metacritic score to be honest; however, a 9.2 is a great score (especially for a handheld installment) and I wouldn't be surprised if it blows away Xbox One's line up as well, scratch that, it's very likely that it will ;p

I had a hunch that this game was going to be a great game even from the first trailer, a lot have doubted it and felt it was more of a remake, so hopefully these high scores change others' opinions. Now I just need to preorder, as I keep forgetting lol.

I agree, a 92 is a great score, and it's even better when you consider a 95 is the highest score a handheld game has received heretofore.

There's a lot Nintendo hasn't shown, and I'm excited to play ALBW next week.

Edit: The OP is outdated because the score dropped to a 91. :P

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I fail to see how at all relevant the comparison to the PS4 line-up this is but alright... I'm sure everyone's cancelling their PS4 pre-orders as we speak.

And its great to see ALBW getting good review scores. A lot of the extremely early previews were actually quite negative about the game, so it's nice to see the official reviews are all positive, maybe that early stuff was trying to just drum up views or something. I still don't have a 3DS yet, but along with this and Pokemon I'll be getting one pretty soon!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
91/92 is not that bad to be honest, esecially for a handheld Zelda. This is basically saying that the game is just slightly below par with the series best. Though, like Merc said, this is not really affecting the PS4 launch or any pre-orders or anything. This is just saying ZeldaBLT is a decent-to-great game.

Last edited:

Sheik

:the:
Gamexplain gave it 5/5, btw. You know, you're right, Nintendo might be on to something here. They're taking advantage of the PS4's meh starting line-up and releasing two major Zelda and Mario titles are coming out around the same time of PS4... Nintendo you sneaky fiends, I love you.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Cor blimey, this is not going to effect the PS4 launch at all, silly Nintendo fans! :P My powerhouse of a PC is so amazing. :P

Will you **** off with that? It's not funny and your being an arsehole.

Last edited:

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
This is about what I was expecting -- I was kind of thinking maybe even a bit higher, to be honest. In response to the OP's expectations, 85 is really low for a Zelda game, even a handheld. PH is a 90. Spirit Tracks is an 87. FSA and FS are at 86 and 85 respectively, and just from what I've seen I'm pretty sure ALBW is going to be better than them.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Will you **** off with that? It's not funny and your being an arsehole.
you're*
At any rate I apologize, if you think I was targeting you then all I have to say is "that wasn't the case" as I am simply trying to piss off my friend Dan. ;p
------
@JC & Hottie
Why is it that you two expected a higher score for the game? Is it perhaps the old "it's Zelda" handle? Or maybe you are just so interested in the game - and the legacy that it carries on its back - that you can expect no less?

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
@JC & Hottie
Why is it that you two expected a higher score for the game? Is it perhaps the old "it's Zelda" handle? Or maybe you are just so interested in the game - and the legacy that it carries on its back - that you can expect no less?
Both. Not necessarily because of its legacy, though, but because what I've seen so far looks SO good, and I've heard such great things about it. I'm probably too hyped about this game for my own good. And, yeah, it's Zelda; anything less than an 85 would be a major disappointment in my eyes. But this is pretty good score, so I'm content. (I actually had a bit of an inflated view on what scores handheld Zeldas typically receive, thinking that almost all of them were in the 90 range, but I now stand corrected after doing a bit of research.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom