• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Albums in 2015 That You're Looking Forward For

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Simple, just name one or more albums that you're looking forward to this year and why.

Here's a few albums for me:

Frank Ocean (unknown album)
Chance the Rapper (Surf)
Earl Sweatshirt (unknown album)
Lil Wayne (Carter V)
Kendrick Lamar (unknown album)

Mostly lookin forward to Frank's though. Channel Orange was literal ear sex and basically flipped the music industry upside down. 3 years on and I'm still waiting for his follow up album. Been following him since early 2011 back when he dropped Nostalgia Ultra, which was also incredible. I have no doubt his next album will reach universally acclaim once again and probably earn him a couple more Grammies to add to his collection.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I'm really looking forward to the new album from Noel Gallagher, "Chasing Yesterday". As for other albums, these aren't official but I'm hoping for new releases from Tame Impala and Radiohead. :D

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
They Might Be Giants are releasing two new albums this year (A children's album and an adult album), and even though there isn't much info on it yet, I can't wait. I think the adult album is going to have some songs from Dial-a-Song...? I'm not sure.

Garo

Boy Wonder
New Kendrick. New Kanye. New Frank Ocean. New Frank Turner. New Sufjan. New Wilco. New Decembrists. New fun. New Bob Dylan. Lots of great stuff coming up, I don't even remember it all.

Fit for Rivals is supposedly planning on releasing a new album this year, so I'll be looking forward to that... Bullet for My Valentine and Five Finger Death Punch are other groups that also come to mind. I think there were a few others, but they escape me at the moment. Though, I'm not too in the loop right now, so that information might be wrong.

I haven't been able to sync my ipod in the past year, so most of the music that was released in 2014, I had to listen to from Youtube and/or download from Youtube. Hopefully, I can figure something out so I don't have to do that this year as well.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
Juggernaut: Alpha / Juggernaut: Omega by Periphery
The Day Is My Enemy by The Prodigy
Aureate Gloom by of Montreal
See What You Started by Continuing by Collective Soul
vitium by sukekiyo

Faith No More and Red Hot Chili Peppers are also releasing new albums this year, but both have yet to reveal a name and date. There's plenty more albums that I've forgotten about, but these are the only ones that immediately came to mind.

I see Frank Ocean's name has popped up a few times in this thread, and it reminds me that I need to get around to checking out his work since everybody and their dog has been recommending him to me.

So far, 2015 has been treating me well! I've had to pleasure of already listening to a few great albums this year and I'm excited for many more on the horizon!!

So far, Death Grip's new album FASHION WEEK and the debut self-titled album by post-punk revival band Viet Cong have made this year pretty exciting so far, but I am so totally hyped for:

Strangers To Ourselves by Modest Mouse
Kintsugi
by Death Cab for Cutie
Drones by Muse

I really hope to listen to new and exciting albums from my favorite artists and also discover new music from artists I might not have checked out as well as debut albums by some amazing new artists. :)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm looking forward to the single Akatsuki no Hana by Cyntia, and the single Seven Deadly Sins by MAN WITH A MISSION. I'm also excited for the two soundtrack volumes for Akame ga Kill! by Taku Iwasaki and the second volume of the Sword Art Online II soundtrack by Yuki Kajiura.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom