• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Albums From Your Favorite Band or Musical Act That are Disappointing?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Pretty simple, which album from your favorite band or musical artist is the most disappointing in all aspects?

Lack of inspired songwriting? Perhaps wasn't the best produced album? Overall, which albums from your favorite band do you just not enjoy?

I mentioned this in my blog before, but Virtual XI by my favorite band, Iron Maiden, I am severely disappointed by. Blaze Bayley isn't the right singer for Iron Maiden, the album only has two good songs, but they are merely decent by Maiden's standards, and overall, just not that enjoyable for me.

I used to like Nightwish but everything after Century Child sucks.

Everything after Comalies from Lacuna Coil is fairly lame too.

I can't think of an overall crap album from a favourite band though since I'm not much into music.

I guess Songs of Darkness Words of Light from My Dying Bride was pretty meh.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I used to like Nightwish but everything after Century Child sucks.

Everything after Comalies from Lacuna Coil is fairly lame too.

I can't think of an overall crap album from a favourite band though since I'm not much into music.

I guess Songs of Darkness Words of Light from My Dying Bride was pretty meh.
I'm in 100% agreement with you on Nightwish kinda sucking after Century Child.

Call me crazy, but Tarja's voice was just total ear candy to listen to. I love listening to classically trained opera singers male and female singing in full voice. One of my favorite things to listen to!

And even if ya ain't into music, everyone's got taste, so I was curious. :)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Not my favourite band by a long shot, but Metallica's Death Magnetic is such an overproduced wreck that it is almost literally painful to listen. Real shame too because some of the songs are actually pretty great but disappointingly unlistenable.

areasell

Twilight Princess Master
One of my older favorite bands, but Beau Brummels 66' by the Beau Brummels.
Edit: Guess I should give an explination as to why it was released. Their record comp;any, Autumn Records went out of business so Warner Bros. bought them and made them release a cover album.
I haven't gone through the entire album once it's that bad, and was very dissapointing because I had very high expectations of the band the first time I tried listening to them. No wonder their drummer left after that album was released. I would too! Warner Bros. screwed up a perfect band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom