• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ages/Seasons

Well, fourteen years later, I got my hands on copies of Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons for the Game Boy Color. I popped them both into my Game Boy Adapter for the Gamecube and they both work, but I've never actually played either game before. I understand they can be completed in any order. But which one should I start with?

Pen

The game is on!
Yeah, what ALIT said.

I'd just like to add, though, that I personally found OoA to be a bit easier than OoS, so maybe that can help you decide the order you'll be playing them in. ^^

They're both extremely good, dungeons are awesome, the overworlds are a joy to explore, but I personally think Oracle of Ages is better since the dungeons have more puzzles that are very rewarding to solve. It really doesn't make a difference which one you choose first.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I went with Ages first, simply because I heard from several people that it was the better of the two. Overall, though, they're both excellent games, and as others have said, it's ultimately up to you which one you play first.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I think you should play Ages first. The final linked boss is much easier with the items you get in Seasons compared to the items you get in Ages.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
Doesn't matter which one you play first.

Perhaps play the easier one first. OoS is easier on puzzles and OoA is easier on action.

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
As for which one I prefer, it would be Ages as well.

Both games tried to copy the origins of the series. Ages wanted to reprise A Link to the Past's puzzle-based world-traveling and did so very successfully.

Seasons, on the other hand, tried to emulate the original Legend of Zelda but copied the wrong aspects of it. Yes, the motifs and the bosses are there, but the key component missing was the wholly free exploration. Granted, the game is less linear than the majority of the games in the series that came after it. In addition, the high action difficulty in Zelda 1 was less punishing because dungeons were small and easy to navigate. If you died in Seasons, you had to restart it a lot.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
You've probably already started, but I played in the order of Seasons first, Ages second, only because my sister owned Ages and I owned Seasons.

I liked playing it that way, though. To me, Seasons had a more light-hearted story than Ages, and, as people have stated before, Seasons is more action based and Ages is more puzzle based. So young Link being bull-headed and rushing his way through his quest only to later learn that he needs to think before he acts makes a lot of sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom