• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Agent Spaghetti's Art

Agent Spaghetti

Advanced Noodle
Well I'm an artist and I thought you'd be interested. Feel free to critique them: I won't dislike you for it.
Most of these drawings are my friends who asked me to draw them. So these "random people" are pretty much just my friends. You may also be interested to know I am color blind (not too majorly), and so most of my presented artworks will be in black and white. I'll order them chronologically, past (about 2 years ago) - present. Keep in mind that I'm more interested in critique for my more recent drawings than earlier.

Finished 12/21/10

Finished 1/24/11 (It has more on the bottom, but I cropped it out because I wrote the girl's name down. It has caused so many problems, and I haven't done it since)

Finished 5/4/11

Finished 12/2/11

Finished 4/4/12 (I would have done more, but I only had a day to finish it)

Finished 7/9/12

Finished 9/26/12 (Slenderman!)

Finished 9/27/12 This is a Tessellation I did for my Art Class. Batman themed, but not entirely. I kind of messed up Batman's neck/shoulders, but whatever.)

Finished 11/25/12 (My Cousin's Kids)

Finished 12/25/12 (I apologize if you hate them; this was a Christmas gift for my sister)

Incomplete; Last Updated 4/9/13 (I feel I'm far enough ahead to showcase this, despite many issues to fix. Daniel Craig as James Bond. Acrylic paint.)

These are only a few of my completed projects; I withheld a few because how how personal it was.

Last edited:
These are really great I'll admit that. Your realistic drawings are astonishing but the only thing(s) I really have to point iut is your shading and not making limbs on a body so bulky.

Your shading is great it really is, but I also feel like it needs a little improvement. It doesn't have to be so dark on the folds and wrinkles of the skin. Sometimes having a little less shading is good ;)

And personally, on some parts on the body it looks more ridged and bulky rather than smooth and firm. I find it hard to "master" these qualities but I feel like with more practice you'll do amazing. This is deffinately worth to subscribe ^__^

Agent Spaghetti

Advanced Noodle
These are really great I'll admit that. Your realistic drawings are astonishing but the only thing(s) I really have to point iut is your shading and not making limbs on a body so bulky.

Your shading is great it really is, but I also feel like it needs a little improvement. It doesn't have to be so dark on the folds and wrinkles of the skin. Sometimes having a little less shading is good ;)

And personally, on some parts on the body it looks more ridged and bulky rather than smooth and firm. I find it hard to "master" these qualities but I feel like with more practice you'll do amazing. This is deffinately worth to subscribe ^__^

Yeah, I can definately see what you mean with shading. I tend to emphasize unneccessary parts where I shade just to kind of show that...they're there. I don't know, but I'll try to be more aware of it.

I'm not so clear on what you mean on the limbs. Where specifically are you talking about?

I don't want to live on this planet anymore... :<

*destroys my art collection; goes off to Mars...

Now, now... Let's settle down here!

Are graphite and ink the only mediums you use? Wow, that's really impressive, though. You must be very, very careful with where you rest your hand, too, because whenever I graphite, my wrists get tired, and I end up smudging my piece, and then the highlights and shadows get smudged to look more of a midtone and it's just a mess. (forgive my rambling, haha) I like your high contrast... is what I'm trying to say. xD But, I really like your effective use of a backdrop behind the subjects. It really makes them part of the foreground and allows the eye to focus more on them.

I must ask... do you base these off of live subjects or photographs? If it's the former, you must be really, really... well, still. Or, you just have a superb "picture plane". =P I look forward to seeing more of these. Most of the artists here try to draw in an "anime-ish" art style, rather than trying to find their own, so I'm really happy to see someone take up a more realistic style. =)

I'm not so clear on what you mean on the limbs. Where specifically are you talking about?

I just wanted to say that Aurelia is a cartoonist, so the techniques that she uses are obviously going to be different than yours. Honestly, humans are bulky. That's just the way we are. When proportions are warped in cartoons, it isn't represented well enough in most instances, because it would look strange for that particular art style. If you can pull off the bulkiness on a human figure without making it look abnormal, then that's just because you have an incredible amount of skill.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that Mandy (though, she does have a point, I'm a cartoonist, don't listen to me :P). But I do want to point something out- HANDS.

I just notice this, the hands in a few of your pictures doesn't look exactly right to me. Like the one in 12/2/11. The left hand -my view- I don't think it should be that square (if that makes sense?) but I know it's suppose to be a young boy, but I know young boys at that age still have "baby hands?"

I dont know. Lol. Hands are a hard thing to get down but I feel like that needs improvement

Agent Spaghetti

Advanced Noodle
I'm not saying that Mandy (though, she does have a point, I'm a cartoonist, don't listen to me :P). But I do want to point something out- HANDS.

I just notice this, the hands in a few of your pictures doesn't look exactly right to me. Like the one in 12/2/11. The left hand -my view- I don't think it should be that square (if that makes sense?) but I know it's suppose to be a young boy, but I know young boys at that age still have "baby hands?"

I dont know. Lol. Hands are a hard thing to get down but I feel like that needs improvement

Well the palm of the human hand is "square-like", but I assume you're talking about the fingers since the palm area is covered by the sleeve. They're "squarish" because of the angles of the individual fingers. If all the fingers were parallel, then you'd be correct; the first joint up varies in height with each finger (the middle-finger's joint would be higher than the pink-finger's joint). But they're not parallel; the middle two are angled inward towards his pants, while outer two are not. Combined, they appear to create that square shape from our 2 dimensional perspective.

At least that's my theory of what's happening here. Even so, perhaps I did do something wrong there. It's far too late to fix it now, but I'll keep your critique in mind for the future.

@Mandy: I guess I skipped you're question;
Well I don't use "graphite" really. Graphite is a bit too messy; but I like to use it occasionally. Also, I have done some colored pencil art (I'm actually being payed for one now..I'll upload my progress soon), and some paintings. I don't so them as often, though, since I'm sorta color blind.

And don't worry about the "rambling"; I know exactly what you mean. You may be interested in the "cure" for this; Cover Paper. Basically a blank piece of paper you can rest your hand on; keeps your hands off the main paper and gets rid of most, if not all, the smudging.

Last edited:

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
Very nice rendering, but your anatomy is off in a couple of places. Nothing major, but it's something that needs work. Have you ever checked out the teachings of Andrew Loomis?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom