• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity DLC Thread

About time they announced Age of Calamity DLC. I was so sure it was gonna happen, happy it did. :ham:
"Character vignettes" is what I'm looking forward to, as I'm sure most people in the fandom who wanted more fleshing out of the Champions, who I'm sure will have more since Nintendo made new artwork of them.
Either way, I'm guessing Astor, Sooga, and maybe even Harbinger Ganon will be playable besides Purah and Robbie.
SO HAPPY WITH THE DLC!

What the heck is a 'Vignettes?' Sounds like a girl version of Alvin and the Chipmunks. "We are the girls of rock n roll!" Song from The Chipmunk Adventure.

What the heck is a 'Vignettes?' Sounds like a girl version of Alvin and the Chipmunks. "We are the girls of rock n roll!" Song from The Chipmunk Adventure.
In this instance, it is a short story or episode that is used to describe or explain aspects of a single character. So like... if you've ever seen an episode of a show that was made up of a bunch of tiny stories that each explored the day for a single character (example: the episode "Stories of Ba Sing Se" from Avatar: The Last Airbender) those would be a series of vignettes. Also, just FYI, it's pronounced like "vin-yet".

accio boomerang

you've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
I'm excited for the DLC, and 20 dollars is a pretty good price for it.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
It was just revealed that the purchase bonus outfit is going to be Link's Ancient Armor.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It was just revealed that the purchase bonus outfit is going to be Link's Ancient Armor.

I called it. That's exactly what I said it was going to be. :crylaugh: At least its the prototype design, so that's kinda cool. And it has the mind's eye shield instead of the ancient shield.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I just received a mail from nintendo about the season pass. Last week they sent me a reminder that I placed an order and that it was going to happen soon. So YAY!! I can't wait to check it out. I played first HW on my switch recently so I have to switch back to AoC :D

CreeperMaster343

Spirit Tracks Zelda best companion, LinkxNavi FTW
The second wave of DLC will have more story stuff like most of us assumed

Quote:
The second wave of DLC comes with new story content, can you say anything for those looking forward to it?

Matsushita:
I’m sure many of you are enjoy Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity because you get to experience the unknown events of 100 years prior. The DLC will allow you to enjoy things we’ve yet to fully explored, as well as more of the unknown from 100 years prior.

Furusawa: I’m sure everyone who played the main story has parts of it they’re interested in. We tried to take as many of those story beats as possible and used them to think about the kind of story we wanted to tell. We’re not just adding new story content, but new maps and battles have been added to the set and we hope you’ll get a feeling of the type of battle that took place.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
The second wave of DLC will have more story stuff like most of us assumed

Quote:
The second wave of DLC comes with new story content, can you say anything for those looking forward to it?

Matsu****a:
I’m sure many of you are enjoy Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity because you get to experience the unknown events of 100 years prior. The DLC will allow you to enjoy things we’ve yet to fully explored, as well as more of the unknown from 100 years prior.

Furusawa: I’m sure everyone who played the main story has parts of it they’re interested in. We tried to take as many of those story beats as possible and used them to think about the kind of story we wanted to tell. We’re not just adding new story content, but new maps and battles have been added to the set and we hope you’ll get a feeling of the type of battle that took place.
This is exciting. As much a we learned from aoc (or didnt learn considering timeline headaches) there's still a lot we dont know. There are places we see in botw that used to be towns or places for soldiers, but we dont really know how they got destroyed. It would be fun to play in some of those locations, or in any new location for that matter. I'm always down for new lore stuff.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Next pack is coming soon so I've been thinking more about what I'm expecting to see. I'm predicting four new characters; Robbie, Purah, Sooga, and Astor (basically all the datamined ones in here), and that they will each have their own vignette, which will be the recruitment method. I'm gonna guess we're gonna get one new map for each of these four, as well. I could see Sooga's vignette taking place in the Gerudo Highlands, Robbie's taking place in Tumela Heights + Skull Lake, Purah's taking place in Kakariko Village + Lanayru Promenade + Mount Hylia, and... Astor's I'm not sure. We don't know enough about him. I wanna see them attempt a backstory on him.

I can imagine maps for Deya Village + Bridge of Hylia, Faron Woods + Lake Floria, Mount Hebra, or a Lomei Labyrinth (if they could make the Yiga Hideout work, they can make a labyrinth work). I can't really say which of those I'm actually expecting to see.

As far as the new abilities for the characters, I'm expecting it to be something we can actively use in battle rather than a passive skill, like maybe a secondary character action. That'd be cool.

I am not expecting any new costumes for characters, which makes me sad. I really want alt colors. I would absolutely kill for a BotW 2 save data bonus in the future with Link and Zelda's new looks as costumes, but I won't hold my breath.

I could very well be completely wrong about all of this, but if anything, I really want it to be just as creative and exciting as the Master Cycle and the Flail were. Hoping for some really neat stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom