• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity DLC Thread

CreeperMaster343

Spirit Tracks Zelda best companion, LinkxNavi FTW
I think it is definitely time for this.
So what do you hope for from the DLC, Purah and Robbie probably being a given.

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
It went by so fast I couldn't tell

The direct gave us a lot of stuff that was just there and then not there, and little of it was good.

Glad Robbie's getting recognized, since he was one of the few good characters.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
6f86eb8391ccafb67123311e5e1bc165a5a9de3a.jpg

Today's Direct treated us to this absolutely stunning piece of artwork, as well as confirmation of DLC! This was very much expected, since we already had some datamines that pointed to the possibility of this happening. The trailer didn't actually show any content from it, so we don't really know much about it yet. All we have is this:

778bb6d5d455d861903a1989f04eaa429126dddc.jpg

What do you guys think we're going to be seeing? I already have a few ideas.

1. The preorder bonus is almost certainly gonna be the Ancient Short Sword + Ancient Armor. Pretty boring, but it is just a preorder bonus... What I'd really like for this to be is a BotW 2 outfit for Link. I'd go feral for that.

2. Expanded roster is certainly going to contain Robbie and Purah, since they're prominently featured in the art. They were also already datamined, along with Sooga and Astor. I think we're gonna see those four in wave one. New weapon types makes me really hopeful to see them give Link the Master Cycle Zero. Royal Ancient Lab and its challenges are an interesting prospect. I'm getting a "Trial of the Sword" vibe from this...

3. Apparently vignettes are little short stories or something. Never heard that word before. Who uses "vignette" in every day conversation ffs... Anyway, I think these are going to be, along with the new stages, introductions for another four completely new characters. I expect Kilton to be one of them since some sidequests have alluded that he exists. What I really want them to do for this is give faces to character we only have names for, like Link's family and Misko the bandit and Kass's sheikah poet teacher. I really don't wanna see any legacy characters or more future characters like Kass. Only Linkle would be acceptable to me. I can see them using her for inspiration for Link's sister that we saw in Creating a Champion, since Linkle's original concept was inspired by Aryll. I'd like that a lot. Also, new battle skills is an exciting prospect. Are these passive upgrades or are they something we can actively use during battles? Either way, that's surely gonna make the already incredibly in-depth combat more fun.

I am extremely excited for this. I've already preordered it. :) Which reminds me, the expansion pass will not charge you until a week before its release, so you are able to back out of it up to that point if you ever happen to change your mind. That's pretty cool. Dunno if I've ever seen them do that before.

EDIT: a thread came up while I was in the process of writing this one lmfao. I went ahead and merged them.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Honestly doesn't seem like a ton of stuff. But because it really hasn't been presented as much, I don't really mind. The additions seem to be worthwhile and more than a handful of cosmetics.
I still haven't beaten this game, so more to do is always great! I'll certainly be picking this up.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I really REALLY want Sooga to be a playable character. He was the most interesting to me out of the non-playable characters. I also hope for some more background on Astor like we had with Cia. I'm pretty excited about the DLC

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I think Robbie, Purah, Soogah and Astor are a given. That covers most of the named characters, and the latter two already have movesets.

For wave 2 I think Kilton is a possibility, and maybe Kass. A character I doubt will appear but I think would be a hilarious curveball is Hudson. Other characters I could see being a possibility are King Dorephan, one of the few non-playable named characters, and Beedle, who would be a curveball like Hudson but probably far more likely.

I think it would it would be better for another breath of the wild dlc

CreeperMaster343

I think it would it would be better for another breath of the wild dlc
I don't mean to be offensive but 2 things.

1. Not going to happen, Nintendo stopped making DLC for BOTW as they had too many ideas and this why they are making BOTW2 where their dlc ideas are going

2. That is off topic as this thread is about Age of Calamity and not BOTW

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I don't mean to be offensive but 2 things.

1. Not going to happen, Nintendo stopped making DLC for BOTW as they had too many ideas and this why they are making BOTW2 where their dlc ideas are going

2. That is off topic as this thread is about Age of Calamity and not BOTW

More like they realized they could sell it for $60 instead of $20. In a world with stuff like Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Witcher 3: Blood and Wine, Dying Light - The Following, and Elder Scrolls IV: The Shivering Isles, that reasoning from Nintendo is flimsy at best and an actual lie at worst.

CreeperMaster343

More like they realized they could sell it for $60 instead of $20. In a world with stuff like Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Witcher 3: Blood and Wine, Dying Light - The Following, and Elder Scrolls IV: The Shivering Isles, that reasoning from Nintendo is flimsy at best and an actual lie at worst.
i'm sorry if i offended you in some way, i was just repeating what Nintendo had stated

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I mean, Silksong is doing the same thing. Was gonna be DLC for Hollow Knight but evolved into its own game. BotW 2 is taking so long to develop despite it using the same assets of BotW, compared to MM’s development period after OoT. I think it’s pessimistic to say it’s not worth its own game, especially when we don’t know anything beyond the teaser.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I mean, Silksong is doing the same thing. Was gonna be DLC for Hollow Knight but evolved into its own game. BotW 2 is taking so long to develop despite it using the same assets of BotW, compared to MM’s development period after OoT. I think it’s pessimistic to say it’s not worth its own game, especially when we don’t know anything beyond the teaser.

I'm not saying the storyline of BotW2 isn't worth its own game (it's hard to say what it's worth at the moment), but that starting the game as an expansion and then trying to backpedal and saying they had "too many ideas" for a DLC is bull**** logic. If they want to charge $60, then they should just say they want to charge $60. I'd appreciate the honest response instead of deceptive nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom