• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Again a damn commercial?!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So how do you deal with commercials? You know, you just watched this great episode of a show you follow and then..........commercials! Do you record your show so you can skip all commercials? Or do you like them or do you take them for granted? I usually skip them. I hate those a* holes!

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The only TV I really watch is Netflix so there are no commercials.

I remember commercial breaks during shows were really annoying but I actually quite like some of them so long as they are between shows rather than during.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I flip to another channel mostly or concentrate on switch/3DS game fully for them ads...

funnier6

Courage~
I’m pretty all right with commercials cause then I have a designated time to check my phone and take a bathroom break lol.

I do like a little variety though, the same commercials every single time gets old fast.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I usually zone out and flip through my phone until they’re over. Sometimes I’ll get up and walk around or do a thing real quick until the show comes back on. Most of my TV watching occurs in the background while I’m playing games, though, so they’re usually pretty easy to ignore.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I mostly use Netflix to watch something so commercials aren't usually a problem. I don't really watch live television to keep up with shows. I record them and am able to fast forward through commercials. Other than that, I use Hulu, and just play some game on my phone when a commercial starts.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I started muting commercials years ago. Since then my tv viewing time has steadily declined to the point where there is now nothing I watch on commercial television anymore. I cut my cable years ago as well. All I watch anymore is netflix, and that's either whenever I have a few spare moments when I'm not playing video games or when I'm really into a show I'll binge it for a week or two. Netflix hasn't really has a new show interest me in a while though. And of course for now at least, netflix is commercial free.

Hitting the mute button when commercial breaks begin became a natural reflex years ago. On the internet, I keep the adblockers firing on all cylinders.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I am fine with them. I either fast forward a recording, leech off of my aunt's Netflix, or just check my phone while they sre on.

Netflix is only when I can't watch it on xfinity for frer

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Some commercials are annoying and some are entertaining (we have an annual award show for the best made commercials in the year - really), thankfully I don't watch much that have commercials now, so the few times I do, I can enjoy the funny ones without getting too annoyed with the other ones.

Zonda

Meme Connoisseur
Austar were atrocious for it when I used to have it. In 2008-2010 the incentive to get it was to get short 15-20 second ad breaks, and then all of a sudden in 2012 the ads started going for 5 minutes +, and channel 9 (Aus) ruined Top Gear for me by putting more than 30 minutes of ads in their shows.

Since then I've switched off Free to Air/Cable pretty much permanently. I'll normally look for DVDs of shows I want to watch, since I miss the days of going down to Blockbuster and hiring a VCR tape or a game for the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom