• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

After the Lokomos

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
Yup! I was the one who wrote this in the Atsuma Challenge. Enjoy if you didn't read it already. (I am such a ZeLinker:xd:)

Rated PG-13 for violence

Any comments and suggestions and errors are welcome here. But remember, I had to write this in 1500 words, so it seems rather rushed, so, again, anything to improve my writing is welcome

After the Lokomos​

Anjean had just left us. She was the closest thing I had to a mother, even though she was just a friend of my ancestor. Ever since my mother died, Grandma Tetra was always there for me when I fell. She would pick me up and set things right, but a few years ago, she died with her lover/hero in a storm. I felt mad and sad at the same time, but now, I felt the same way since ever Grandma died.
“Zelda…” Link murmured in my ear, “She’ll always be with us…”
I let go of Link’s hand and wiped away my tears.
Be strong, Zelda I said to myself “I know, but…” I started to say
“It’s okay, I’ll help you protect the kindom, it’s what she wanted us to do.” Link smiled
“Our duty!” I replied, I turned back to walk back to the castle, where I belonged. For once in my life, I was happy to go back.
“Where are you going? I want to train and protect Hyrule! Remember?” Link asked.
The memory flowed through me; I asked Link what he wanted to do after the ugliness was over and he said “Dunno,” but now, I knew exactly what he wanted to do.
I smiled and waited for Link to catch up.
“Hold up you right hand and repeat this pledge after me.” I said “I, Link of Aboda Village.”
“I, Link of Aboda Village,” Link repeated
“Will protect Hyrule,”
“Will protect Hyrule,”
“The current ruler,”
“The current ruler,”
“And future rulers,”
“And future rulers,”
“At all cost,”
“At all cost,” Link finished
“Congratulations, Link, now let’s go back, I wanna see Teacher! Race you there!” I said while sprinting off
“Hey, no fair!” Link called
Seven years after Anjean and the lokomos left us; Link left Hyrule and most importantly, me.
“Why are you leaving?” I asked him “Aren’t you happy?”
“No, but when I come back, I will ask you an important question.” Link said. He kissed me on the cheek and it burned, unlike the other ones he gave me. In the seven years, we’ve been dating secretly because if all of Hyrule knew, my life would fall apart faster than pirates could raid a train. He gave me a small note, grabbed his pack and jumped onto the train.
I sighed. What was this important question? I asked myself as the last of Link was speeding away from me. What was it?
I opened the note.

Zelda,
I am sorry to leave, I may be a fool to run away from a person like you, but I have to. Even though we will be miles apart, I’ll be there.
Link

I ran my fingers through his hand writing. It was unusual for him to write this small of a note, but something was going through his mind when he wrote this. I could tell he needed to get away from Hyrule and me, quickly.
It wasn’t until about two years until Link crossed my mind again, when he came back. While I was getting ready to sign a health care bill, Teacher (or the chancellor, he got promoted since I no longer needed to have further education) said I had a visitor.
“Bring him in!” I called
There I saw was Link, with his hair a bit messier than before, much taller, and his eyes kept on moving around, it was like he was nervous.
“Princess, I’m s-,” Link began
“Link, I don’t care what you did while you left, I’m just glad your back.” I replied
“Well… I think I can hold off that important question for later…” Link said quietly
“I demand you to tell me as Princess Zelda of Hyrule!” I yelled
“Walk with me.” He requested
“Fine,” I said, scribbling a note for The Chancellor.
I caught up with Link, wondering where in the world he would take me. We walked about a mile from the castle, and then stopped. We were at a familiar place, the place where w-
“Why are we here?” I demanded
Link had a small smile. “Back where we were nine years ago.”
“Why does it matter?” I asked rudely “This reminds me of An-,”
“I know, but I want to ask you here,” Link said to shut that trap of mine. “Now, the reason I left was to clear my mind, I was so concentrated on protecting you and Hyrule, that I lost myself, so I went out to the Great Sea and traveled, something I always wanted to do. Now that I’m back, you have a reason to be mad at me. So go ahead and ask questions.”
I sighed. “Link,” I looked right into his eyes, they were now staring into mine, “I have no reason to. I don’t care if you left me and Hyrule, as long as your back, I’m happy.”
We stayed silent for a minute.
“Well, I’m glad to be back, Princess.” Link said while walking away.
I was really mad. He asked me to take a walk with him and now he was not going to ask that “important question.” This was very unlike him.

I tried to stay away from him because he wasn’t the same Link who was always there. He never snuck into my private quarters to drop off a love note or wait in the window of my bedroom anymore. I missed the old Link terribly. I kept on avoiding him until my trip to ensure alliances with some of the strong islands, four years after he came back.
One day, while I was reading up on the Old Hyrule’s history, Link came up to me.
“Prince-,” Someone began to say. I put down my book and saw it was Link.
“Oh… it’s you…” I commented “What do you want?”
“The chancellor assigned me as your bodyguard for the trip,” Link explained
“Yeah, whatever…” I replied while getting back to my book. The truth was, it wasn’t that interesting, but it was the only thing that would keep me from talking to Link.
“Look, I kn-,” Link started to say
“What?! Just go Link.” I said while reading
“I understand… I’ll go, but I’m pretty sure The Cha-,” Link began
“JUST GO!” I screamed. Link walked away from me and I sent one of my trusted guards, Alfonzo’s son, Lonzo to fetch The Chancellor. He was just a ten-year-old boy, but I kept him around to guard the castle since Alfonzo was back on guard duty.
“Yes, Princess. What do you need?” The Chancellor asked
“Does Link have to be my body guard for the trip?” I whined
“Why, yes Prciness! He’s the Guard Captain!” The Chancellor cried
“But…” I started
“Don’t complain, Princess, it’s for your protection!” The Chancellor reassured, “The new guard needs me now, so I’m sure Link will protect you in all of his power.” The Chancellor ran off.
The following week, Link and I boarded the train to the Ocean Realm, where the ship boarded.
“Lemme get that for you Princess.” Link offered when I struggled with my luggage.
“No… I… can…do…this!” I said. The luggage flung off behind me.
“AHHHHHH!!!” Someone screamed
“You shoulda let me get that for you.” Link mumbled in my ear. Then, I did something I’d never thought I’d do; I punch him in the nose.
“Owwww…. What did you do that for?!” Link demanded while cuffing his nose. I giggled and boarded the train.
We were almost to the ship, but pirates boarded the ship. Link got back with me and tried to defeat the pirates.
“AYAAAAA!!!!!!!!” Link screamed. My ears were ringing. I found a bow and arrows, lying around, about a few feet where I was. I grabbed it and started to attack. A big-blin started to attack. I started to grab my arrows and attacked him.
“What are you doing?!” Link asked while we fought
“Fighting, of course!” I replied. I aimed right at the Big-blin’s eye and let go of the arrow.
“Look, I know I screwed up, but I want to ask you that important question right now.”
“Yeah, in the middle of fighting, yeah that’s a good time.” I replied. I snuck a peek at him and he rolled his eyes.
“Princess Zelda Tetra Hyrule, will… will you marry me?” Link asked. I shot the last arrow at the Big-blin and he disappeared into smoke.
I was huffing. I wasn’t sure, Link promised he would be there for me, then left, then asked me to marry him? What in the name of Hyrule’s Spirits is wrong with him? I closed my eyes and remembered everything we had done together. I opened my eyes after a long time.
“Yes… do you promise to be with me forever?” I asked and started into his eyes. They twinkled like they always did when he was happy.
“Yes, I swear.”
The train rode off to the ship, as Link did with my heart forever.

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I thought this story would get more votes. I enjoyed it as well as I enjoyed the others. Zelda and Link battling the enemies in the train was a cool scene, and the ending was nice. Oh btw, I am working on making a group thingy for this...where I will post the winners with their trophies and ribbons. So expect a pm with an invitation soon, your story is good, Hugger, hope you enter Round 2 in a few days. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom