• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art After the Adventures

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
After the Adventures
Chapter 1
In the village of Ordon, a lonely man was perched on a tree stump awaiting either grave or triumphant news. He wiped his brow and took a deep breath. The time ticked slowly, every minute seemed like an hour. He had no company whatsoever.

“Hey! Listen! Listen! Hey! Hey! Hey!” Came a muffled voice from inside his house. He reluctantly got up from his stump and slowly ambled up the ladder to his house. He walked over to a black box, engraved with the finest gem stones. He smiled.

The box was rocking about and the same twinkling voice emerged from the small gap. The man took a black key and slotted it firmly into the lock. With a loud click the box was open. Before anything had time to happen a blue fairy flew out excitedly.

“Hey! Hey! Listen! Hey! Listen!” It squealed.
“Navi! I locked you up to stop you doing this! SHUT UP! You are so annoying!” The man shouted.
“But, Link!”
“No!” He shouted, grabbing the fairy.
Navi continued squealing at him even though she must have been exhausted by then. Link paused and pondered for a moment.

The fairy must have something valid to say (for a change) because she usually would have given up bothering him by now. Slowly but surely Link loosened his grasp on the bundle of noise and light.
Navi shot out violently and hit Link on the forehead. “Ouch!” Link said, rubbing his head. “You do get on my nerves, you wretched thing.”

“Well.” Navi sulked. “I WAS going to tell you that Queen Zelda was about to have her baby but maybe now I won’t bother!”
“Um...you just did.....wait! Oh my god! She is having the baby now?! Holy crap! I better get over there!” Link grabbed his key and hopped on his trusty stead Epona.

“Onward!” He yelled. Epona’s hooves brushed the floor and she set off to Castle Town.

“My love. Please. Hold on.”

Part 1/2

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
It looks good so far, Meego. How many chapters do you think it will be? Just curious, because I am thinking about writing stories that are short, not ones that tend to become long, etc. Too much talk usually makes readers bored unless you give them something good to keep reading on.

I really need to finish SOTU and AL and see what I write from that point on. But good job, hope you stick with it and finish it. ^^

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I will give them something good, just give me some time to get the story started. And thanks for the comment, part 2 coming soon.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I will give them something good, just give me some time to get the story started. And thanks for the comment, part 2 coming soon.
I wasn't saying that this story would turn out boring, rather just that I figured that if you give the reader all the action quickly in several chapters and end it within 5 chapters, they will be more satisfied than reading stuff that tends to make the story longer, stuff that really should not be in there. But those are just my thoughts. I've seen several fan fics here that tend to say lots of unnecessary stuff and it really gets on my nerves and I go, "When will the action begin?" lolz.

Anyway, I've seen great stuff from you before and I know I can expect it again. By the way, would you be interested in joining a club/group if I made it? It's basically for Fan Fic writers but with many cool stuff. I haven't made it yet but I wish to. The club would be for those ZD writers that want to join it and have their stories graded, etc.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Okay guys, here is part 2! Enjoy!

A tall, handsome traveller wondered the village looking for something to do. He had brown hair that blew in the slow wind, his honey eyes looked at you in such a way that made you say yes to every request.

“Epona! Look out!” Link shouted as he saw the traveller in front of him. Epona came to a halt right before his feet. Scraping up the grass below. The traveller apologised and patted Epona.

“You know, you ought to be more careful, Link.” A pre-teen girl appeared from her house. She had fair curls down to her shoulders and crystal blue eyes. “You almost ran over Atsie here.”
“Sorry Meego. Sorry...what is your name?” Link said.
The traveller stepped forward to shake Link’s hand. “Atsuma. I am Meego’s step brother. I am visiting from The Isle of Ember.” Atsuma declared.

“Yeah and he sure can be annoying.” Meego added.
“Watch it missy, I’m the one with the sword.” He joked.
“Oooh! I’m so scared!” Meego replied, sarcastically.

Link chuckled at the two of them. “Link! Where are you off? Is the baby coming?! Remember, I will be babysitting, along with Poppy of course.” Meego reminded him.
“Yes, you will. Now, I must be on my way.” Link signalled this to Epona and she galloped toward Castle Town triumphantly.

“Bye Link!” Meego said as he rode off out of sight.
“He seems nice.” Atsuma said. “Now, how is Poppy doing with her training? I think I will go and see how she is doing.”
“I’ll come too, I want a go with the big stick.” Meego squeaked excitedly. Atsuma laughed. “Do you always act like this?”
“No, I am just hyped up on boiled sweets.” Meego replied.

Atsuma and Meego walked through the house and round the back to find a fearful sight that met their eyes. “Poppy!!!” Meego screamed.
The girl was sprawled out on the grass with a sword lodged in her arm and blood spilling onto the floor. Her eyes were closed and her face was pale. Atsuma immediately sprang to her side feeling desperately for a pulse.

Meego had tears in her eyes but swallowed and blinked them away.
“Is she.....gone?” She rasped, barely able to get her words out.
“No, but she will be soon if we don’t find help.” Atsuma said. “How did this happen?!”
Poppy stirred. “Father. He...was possessed...he did this.”
Just as Poppy got her words out there came a piercing scream from on top of the cliff and a shadow beast came tumbling down carrying a grown man with it.

“Father!” Meego cried. She rocketed over to the spot where the two had landed, engaged in battle. The impact of their fall was so powerful that they had shattered the boulder blocking the entrance to a nearby cave.

The man lay on the ground with pupils swelled. He lay still. A thin trickle of blood splattered out of his head and he coughed the same substance out of his mouth. The shadow beast had survived the fall and began to devourer the body. Meego screamed out and drew her dagger. She lurched at the beast with all her might and hit the shadow creature in the back. There was an almighty roar, the beast flew up into the air and as a Twilight Portal opened above it scratched Meego across her face.

Meego flew backwards and Atsuma ran forward to cater to her. But to his surprise someone showed up at the entrance of the cave. The shadowy figure ran over to Poppy and knelt at her. He began to wrap his shirt around her wound and carried her inside the house.

Atsuma smiled. “Thankyou Ark! I knew you would show up!” Meego was bleeding all over her face. Her eyes were closed and her hair fell over her eyes. Atsuma carried her to the kitchento join Ark and heal her with his help when a pretty blonde girl ran through the door.

This girl has sparkly blue eyes and she was of a delicate kind. She was a good friend of Meego and Poppy. Meego sat up at her arrival, a cloth on her wound. “Hazel!” She said in surprise. She got up to greet her when she saw the look on her face. “What is it?” She asked.

“It’s Queen Zelda. She is dying. I was in Castle Town buying some food when I was met by Link. He told me to deliver this message to Atsuma.” She handed over the letter.

Atsuma. My beloved wife is dying and I am fearful for the child too. I need you to find the best doctor in the land to help save her. This rests in your hands. Please, don’t let me down. And look after the twins with your life.
Link.

Atsuma smiled. He knew just the person. “Okay. As soon as everyone is ready, we will be travelling to Lon Lon Ranch. I know the family there. And it is home to one of the best doctors I know.” Poppy was now aware of the situation. “But what about father? He is....dead. And we have nobody to look after us.” She sobbed.
“You have me, girls. I will look after you, okay? Hazel. Are you coming with us?” Atsuma said.

“Yes, I will come too.” She replied. “But first, I will take Poppy and we will go and see Queen Zelda and tell her that help is on the way. You two can prepare for the journey.” Everyone agreed to this.

Hazel and Poppy were set for Castle Town along with Atsuma and Meego. “For Queen Zelda.” Hazel declared.
“And Link.” Meego added. “We won’t let you down.”

Part 2/2 Chapter end.

Hmm...Zelda Dying...And Link talking...well, that's a nice change. It's strange to see Zelda referred to as Queen, but still, good.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Yes, Zelda is now a Queen as it is set years after the current games so she has gone up in the ranks.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Hey guys! Next part is here! Had huge writer’s block but I have tried my best to figure out this chapter.

Chapter 2

Link watched. The castle was silent. He paced up and down the corridors wondering what he could do. He held his head in his hands, his life was falling apart. His child was in danger and his wife was dying. He only knew of one thing that could solve this and it was not supposed to even exist. “But maybe is does…” He kept repeating to himself. “But Zelda is so ill.” Link carried on pacing. Little did he know, he was being watched…

“Hurry!” Atsuma shouted. “To Lon Lon Ranch now!” Along with him rode Hazel, Meego, Ark and Poppy. They were in search of the greatest doctor in the land to help save Queen Zelda. Ark whispered to Atsuma. “Ats, have you seen the Queen? There is no way that doctor can cure her, no matter how good she is. She has been poisoned by... the dark lord.”

“How do you know?” Atsuma asked. “I’m sure, there has to be-“ He broke off when he saw the sullen look on Ark’s face. He sighed. “Okay, but we should get information from Din anyway, she will be able to help. Atsuma said. Ark nodded and asked the girls to come aside for a moment.

“Right girls. I’m sorry to tell you this but the doctor can’t help the Queen. She has been poisoned by…” He lowered his voice. “The dark lord.” Meego looked like she had just been punched. Hazel and Poppy started asking questions. “But…no…how? Why?” Meego couldn’t say anything.

She screamed and bolted off. “Meeg!” Atsuma shouted. But she ran, she ran as fast as her little legs could carry her. She ran through the forest, through the village. She broke down her door and ran upstairs to her room. There she dug through her drawers until she found what she was looking for. She bought out a huge bundle wrapped in cloth. As she tenderly peeled on of the layers off she caught a glimpse of the light given off by the item lying under the cloth.

She tore the cloth and saw the blazing pendant. It had a huge amount of power coming from it.
Ark could feel it from where he was as they were chasing Meego. “STOP!” He yelled. “We can’t go any further. I fear for our safety. Leave her, she knows what she is doing.”

“Are you crazy?!” Poppy shouted. She continued to run forwards. Atsuma knew why Ark had got all worked up and he stopped her in her tracks. Hazel stood and watched as a surge of light and energy piled into the sky. There was a flash and the sky darkened.

Meego held the pendant in her hands. As the light faded emerged the three triangles, they burned in her hands. She now risked everything, for if she was not just enough to behold the pendant she would die. It was given to her by Zelda herself, as it was handed to her Zelda echoed these words: “Meego. Be careful and look after this with your life, don’t ever put it on, it may have massive consequences. But nobody can ever know this is here, it poses great danger to this kingdom.”

Meego didn’t care. She wanted to die. Her mind was possessed by the same dark force that was killing the Queen. Zarkog. She knew that this necklace had immense power and it was the only thing she could resort to.
The necklace graced her neck. She screamed in pain but then the light faded. Ark knew that it was safe now, for he could tell by the skylight that Meego was safe. But she was much more than that. Zarkog had lost, for now. He hadn’t killed the girl that could possibly decide the fate of the whole kingdom and Zelda herself. For another moment, all was well.

Part 1/2

(Sorry if this has been a bit clichéd and bad, I have big writer’s block and this is what came out of it. :/)

Last edited:

Swordbomb

Doktor Assisted Homicide
nice story and please keep the story in bold i like bold better

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Thanks, is it really good? And yeah it was bigger but it changed, I edited it back. :)

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Chapter 2 part 2

“Meego! God, are you alright?!” Ark shouted, dashing to her side. “I sensed the power of the triforce!” He took one look at the necklace on Meego’s neck. He exchanged glances with Atsuma.

“Where did you get that?!” Atsuma asked his voice thick. Hazel and Poppy simply stared speechless beholding the magical necklace. Meego was astonished that she was still alive. “Buuut….this was supposed to kill me…so…I’m chosen?” Meego squeaked.

There was a long silence. “Queen Zelda gave it to me, shr told me to keep it safe and not to put it on, but was so stressed I did it to die. She said only the chosen one would not die. So…does that make me the chosen one? Why did she give it to me? Did she know? How do you know what it is?” Meego’s brain was flooded with questions.

“Okay, okay. Calm down for a second.” Ark said. Meego turned to face him and wiped her tear away. “The necklace is the triforce, a triangular sacred relic that represents the essences of the Golden Goddesses. It is immensely powerful. It’s power is overwhelming, therefore it can kill most people who aren’t strong enough to behold it. You are. This means you are capable of far more than you thought.”

Atsuma was happy for Meego. But at the same time he was utterly outraged, he had no idea why but in the back of his mind he had a huge amount of jealousy. That was unlike him. But he set it aside and readied himself to get going. “Wow that’s great but we really have to get going, for the Queen.”

Meego nodded. “Yes. Sorry, just give me a moment to take this in.”
Soon afterwards they all set off for Lon Lon Ranch. It wasn’t far from where they were so they would soon arrive.

A tall, pretty girl with dark red hair awaited them. She ran over. “Ah. Atsuma, Ark and three new ones I see.” She smiled.
“Good to see you, Din!” Atsuma greeted her. Din smiled again. Ark gave a salute. The three girls all grinned and said hello. Din was about to turn around when something caught her eye. Meego’s necklace sparkled. Din looked anxiously at it then turned back.

“Diiiiiin!” A delicate teen girl ran out of the ranch. She had long black hair and small glasses. “I have just received a message about Queen Zelda and….” She saw the visitors. “Oh. I didn’t know we had visitors.”

“You see, that’s kind of what we’re here about.” Poppy said quietly. “Queen Zelda…” Ark and Atusma saw the look on Din’s face. “Heeuh.” They both sighed at the same time. Hazel saw them and shook her head.

“Look. The Queen is dying of evil posion from Zarkog. And…well we know that you are the best doctor in the land, Din. Please, even if you can’t heal her, is there anything you can do?” Hazel said, she then stepped back behind Poppy.

Din thought for a moment. “I’ll try my best, Xinnamin, ready for this?” The girl smiled. “Yes, we can try.” Ark was grateful. “Thankyou! But let’s hurry, Queen Zelda’s time is running out!”

A storm was brewing in Hyrule, all was quiet. But the silence was broken by a loud creak and sounds of horse hooves as Ark, Atsuma, Meego, Poppy, Hazel, Din and Xinnamin arrived to help save the Queen.

“This is going to be a loooong day.” Sighed Poppy.

Part 2/2 Chapter end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom