• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

After BotW2

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
I sincerely hope that the next Zelda game after BotW2 isn't set in the BotW era. I say that as a fan of BotW and as someone eagerly anticipating BotW2. The point is, there's only so much you can do with the apocalypse idea. Breath of the Wild 2 is already stretching those boundaries. And Age of Calamity plainly showed just how over-BotWised Zelda media has become. I believe Age of Calamity was what truly drove me over the edge and pitted me against the newer Zelda games. I think a nice return to standard Zelda formula with a few BotW elements would be the best move.

I'm predicting the next one after 2 will be a top-down game that doesn't do anything too crazy aside from a few gimmicks of its own. Depending on how BotW2 works out, there might then be a third to conclude the narrative of that era.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
As I’m sure Nintendo has no plans yet, possible 3D games after BOTW are quite intriguing. Just trying to come up with ideas now I’m drawing a blank. I’m sure the creativity at Nintendo will pull through, however.

I get the feeling that BotW might become a trilogy. Time will tell.

The next true zelda game is probalby a lot further out and probably not planned for the Switch. I wonder what they will make. I am thinking of something like WW but instead of tiny islands to expore, it will be small continents.

On this one, I'm with you. I super-love BOTW, but I don't want it taking over the series.

And I also feel AoC dampened my enthusiasm for more of this Hyrule.

If it turns out the next game is looser as a sequel than we'd been expecting, I'd be quite delighted. I'd be fine if it turns out they scrapped the 2019 in development. It has been quite some time after all.

CreeperMaster343

Spirit Tracks Zelda best companion, LinkxNavi FTW
I really hope that after BOTW2 we will leave that era of Hyrule, and go to a different time with different characters, as I feel that staying too long in one iteration of Hyrule will make the series more stale than reusing the formula. It can even be inspired by BOTW and use its lore, but I just want a new set of characters, and a new version of Link and Zelda.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I really hope that after BOTW2 we will leave that era of Hyrule, and go to a different time with different characters, as I feel that staying too long in one iteration of Hyrule will make the series more stale than reusing the formula. It can even be inspired by BOTW and use its lore, but I just want a new set of characters, and a new version of Link and Zelda.

I mean, we haven't exactly spent a lot of time in any version of Hyrule. I'd rather stick around and develop the world than skip to another era with the same old Link, Zelda, and Ganon doing the same thing they did in the previous one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom