• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Advertisements in Re-Runs, Good or Bad?

Are the ads in re-runs good or bad?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
xlarge_zookeeperbackintime.jpg

What you are looking at is an advertisement for Kevin James' new movie "Zoo Keeper" in a 2007 re-run of How I Met Your Mother. A movie from 2011 being shown in 2007?? How are they doing this?? Well, ads are now being digitally enhanced into re-runs of old Television shows.

So, is this a good or bad thing?

I'm personally on the fence about this. I mean, it's good because it's a great way to get new products, movies, etc. out there, seeing as how, every time i turn on the TV, there's always a re-run of SOMETHING on... But, at the same time it's bad because we have enough product placements in TV shows already.

Are companies doing this solely for pocketing extra cash, or are they doing it to get their products to see the light of day? Tell me what you guys think below and be sure to vote in the poll.

So, discuss!

Last edited:

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Okay, i just read that "Law and Order" is doing this as well. I have yet to find a picture of it, but when i do, i'll update this.

Also, here's another ad digitally inserted in the same episode as the "Zoo Keeper" one.. on the TV in teh background is an ad for "Bad Teacher" a movie rated "R" to be released soon.
orig-15780931.jpg
Keep discussing.. :xd:

...how random, it's bad enough that advertizements invaded the world of Youtube, these things are going everywhere, my god why do i get the feeling they'll hit video games more than they alreay have, oh god, Pepsi logos in a Zelda game

BAD

I think it's terrible that they do this.
They need to keep the show how they were originally aired.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
If they do this they better reimburse us with fewer commercials interrupting the shows. If they replace commercials with digitally enhanced product placement, I'm all for it.

But as far as the beginning post, just because it was years earlier/later doesn't mean it's impossible. Did you know that, in the original Toy Story, there was a cameo of Wall-e? (Not talking about seen on tv airs of it, go pull out your old VHS and watch it; when Buzz and Woody are "flying" to the moving truck, you can see Wall-e in the background.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom