• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art Adventure to Skyloft

Ganondork

goo
It's a short chapter, but it's a build up for the final battle. Enjoy ;)

Chapter 40: A monster Inside of a Monster​

I stared at the sword – but was far more wary of the axe. I took the defensive in this case; that axe could probably knock me out with ease. Swinging its massive sword at me, I ducked and stabbed. Its scaly armor prevented my sword from doing any damage. It threw its axe towards me, and I instinctively blocked it with my sword. It continued a barrage of sword swipes and axe swipes, making this battle a tough one. I finally ducked at Ragnok’s most powerful attack. Not expecting my blade not to be there, it lurched forward.

A glowing scale on the back of its neck was visible. I sent my blade flying into it – and a cracking noise followed. Ragnok slumped over; all animation in the beast seemed to stop. The armor cracked slowly; falling to pieces in moments. In what I believed to be a warrior was now a large dragon.

I wasn’t sure how such a large beast could fit into the armor it was in, but that didn’t matter at the time. In front of me stood a jet black dragon with long talons, a lengthy body, and large daggers for teeth. It had two long whiskers that seemed to flutter in the wind as it opened its mouth and let out a deep roar.

It flexed a pair of wings and took flight. It dipped down and grabbed me. Using a vice-like grip, I couldn’t even squirm. I didn’t want to fall anyway; we were already about one hundred feet in the air. I felt the Skyward Sword begin to glow, and I flicked my wrist. A beam of Light hit it in the mouth, and loosened its grip on me. Climbing onto its arm, it began to dive down. I grabbed on to one of the beast’s whiskers and hung on.

It crashed to the ground; blood coming out of its massive jaw. With one of its wings torn, it wasn’t going to be flying any time soon. I hopped off the beast and hit it in the glowing scale – which was still there. It let out a shout of pain before standing up again. It arched its back, making it appear twice its original size. Lowering its back, I charged Ragnok. It opened its jaw, hoping to snatch me up easily. I dove down, and slid underneath its stomach. As I continued – with my back touching the ground – sliding, I sent my blade into its stomach. Blood got all over me as I tore open its underbelly; however, the beast was not quite done yet.

I neglected to think about the tail as I slid, and the four spikes on either side of the tail hit me hard in the stomach as I finished sliding. Blood came out of my stomach, and my vision became blurred. Ragnok too looked in bad condition; but my wound was easily healed in moments. Revitalized, I stood up and strode to the weakened beast; its glowing scale open as it laid there, gasping for breath. With all of my power, I sent my blade into the scale and dug it in with every ounce of strength I had.

Words can never explain the sounds of anger, anguish, and hatred I heard as my sword delved ever deeper into Ragnok. My ears were close to bleeding with each screech it let out. I wished to hold my hands up to my ears, but I had to finish this monstrosity off first. Soon, convulsions accompanied the screams and I had a hard time hanging on. Its tail flailed about – nearly hitting me multiple times. I took my sword out – which welcomed more roars – and sent it back in. The beast’s cries began to lessen, and then I finally twisted my blade, finishing it off.

Ragnok was dead.

I felt triumphant as I hopped off the dragon’s corpse, and prepared to kill Leif and end the war.

A tremor ran through my bowels as I saw Leif send his blade through Mirrom’s body.​

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
Um. . . That sucks. . . When I read the sign-ups, I kinda thought that Mirrom and Link would get together, but it's Din and Link. . . Will she live?

Ganondork

goo
Next chapter is the epilogue, which will be released tomorrow. Please comment, it's what's keeping me writing. Enjoy ;)

Chapter 41: The Final Battle​

I ran to Mirrom, aware that Leif was watching me. She coughed up a bit of blood and managed to look at me. “I had a good run, didn’t I?” Her usual sharp tongue seemed to have disappeared as she spoke to me.

“Don’t worry, you’ll be fine,” I promised, but like with Maria, I was only telling myself that.

“I’m going to die, no amount of words will change it,” she said bluntly, “I’m sorry for every bad thing I ever said about you. You never deserved my ridicule; you are a great friend, and an even better Commander. I hope you’ll forgive me…” She said, strength draining from her with each breath. She looked at Leif and never moved again.

A steady stream of tears rolled down my cheeks as I closed her eyes, “Goodbye, Mirrom.”

I wiped my eyes and stood up; my blade raised.

“It all ends today,” Leif said.

“Yes,” I said simply.

We crossed blades masterfully, mimicking the other with ease. Each slash, swipe, stab, or slice seemed to be blocked by the other. Other fighting had stopped entirely to watch us battle. It wasn’t long before I began hearing cheers for not only Leif, but for me.

He finally tried to sweep my feet out from under me, but I jumped, preventing it. As I fell down, I had my blade directly in front of me. Leif, not expecting it, was hit hard in the chest, but his armor prevented any damage. I landed with grace and continued the attack. Finally, an opening came. I sent my sword into his sword hand, and twisted the blade. He dropped his sword and I kicked it away.

I noticed he wore gloves, and when he flicked his wrist, claws retracted from the fingertips of the gloves. I sheathed my sword, my old gloves still on my hands. The spikes were still sharp, so we continued like that. The battle changed from there, since our weapons were smaller. He’d try and swipe, I’d duck and the try to punch him. Avoiding it, Leif sent a flurry of attacks at me. I backed away, hardly aware of Maria’s shield on my left arm.

I finally noticed it and raised the shield. A disgusting noise was produced when his spikes hit the shield, and I saw them get smaller as he continued his onslaught of attacks. I grabbed him with my left hand and punched him in the right cheek. Blood oozed out of the wound, but a swift kick to my stomach, and he was released. With the wind knocked out of me, he swiped at my chest. I felt part of the armor tear, and a warm liquid began getting into my armor and clothes.

He continued swiping, but I backed away, avoiding each attack. I hit him in the nose with my shield and punched him in the mouth twice. I must have hit his nose hard, because it appeared broken, and he grasped it with both hands.

An opening was finally there.

“You defeated me like this before, Leif,” I started, “And this is how I’m going to kill you.” I sent the skyward sword into his stomach over and over. Blood gushed out as soon as his armor broke. I laid him gently on the grass, and the blood got all over the ground.

“I… Lost?” He asked confusion in his voice.

“Yes,” I replied simply.

“I never thought it’d be this soon. I’m not ready yet,” he moaned.

“We rarely are,” I commented.

“Sometimes… Sometimes I wonder if I made the right decision in this lifestyle,” he confessed.

“Sometimes we have no choice. It seems had I been in your position, I would have done the exact same,” I replied.

He coughed up blood. “Had we not been enemies, we could have been friends,” he said, looking up at me.

“I can imagine so. It would appear that you are not as evil as I once believed you to be,” I said warmly.

“What do you mean?” He asked curiosity in his dying eyes.

“They say in the eyes of Death, your true nature comes out,” I said, quoting Rynikya.

“Then I wish I was always like this,” he said hatred for himself in his voice.

“As I told you, we do not always have the choice,” I told him.

“Do not justify what I did. My actions were not righteous as I believed them to be,” he said, the loathing for himself obvious now.

His voice grew weaker.

“My time… It is almost over. I look forward to seeing you in the next world, maybe we can be friends,” he said, hoping I would agree.

I nodded, “I never believed I would ever say this to you, but you died with honor, my friend.”

“That is all I could ever ask for,” he said so low that it was nearly a whisper. His eyes grew glazed, and his arms fell to the ground with a thud. I closed his eyes and told him my final goodbyes. The man I spoke to now was the true hero, not the monster I spent months trying to kill.

Leif was dead.​

Caeda

Keyblade Master
This is awesome. I'm really sad that it's almost over. You did the past few chapters perfectly. It's sad that Maria and Muarrom died, but at least Mia, Sela, and Amaterasu apparently got out alive. Why did Ammy want to stay behind? Whatever. And the monster I made showed up (finally) in an epic battle. And the battle with Leif was also epic. Over all, this fan fic has been awesome. Lets see the Epilouge now.

Ganondork

goo
I picked today to end this story because it's Zelda Dungeon's 10 year anniversary. Finishing this story brought a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes, for sure. I hope you enjoy the conclusion to Adventure to Skyloft.

Epilogue​

The war had finally ended and we brought our forces back to the headquarters. When we returned, there were corpses littering the entrance, and Amaterasu was hiding, her bow ready. We had at least seen why she wanted to stay behind.

Years later I brought the Resistance to Skyloft, and we made a home there. We made homes there, but we never cut down a single tree. We brought the bodies of Maria, Mirrom, and Leif alongside us and buried them where the Triforce once was.

That was also where I was to be buried.

Children of the men who bravely fought alongside me heard a story each night. There were forty one parts of one large story to tell the children, and every night they would return, even if they heard that story many times before.

With my newfound ability to teleport, I was able to visit the Subrosians once every week, allowing me to stay at home, and still see my people.

I had never burned the pages of the Book of Mudora like I was told, but I did rip them out of the book. I kept them close to me every day, and I would occasionally read them to remember my grandfather – who I saw die.

The Harp of Ages had been given to Nayru as well, so she could feel a bit closer to her old mentor. I gave Zelda the Ocarina of Time, just in case she would need it one day.

Zelda and I had grown very close over the years – earning the jealousy of Din. Her daughter – also named Zelda – was close friend with my son, Leif.

Thirty years had passed, and I was forty three. Every other man that fought alongside me in the Final Battle was now dead, and I was considered an elder of Skyloft.

I was lying in the bed in my room. Leif looked at me – he was now six – confused.

He didn’t understand my time in this world was almost up.

I sat in the bed with Din, Farore, Nayru, Leif, Zelda, and her daughter all looking at me. I had grown very weak just that day; I did not have that feeling of weakness the day before. Din, Farore, and Nayru were trying their best to comfort me before I died.

Din stood up; an idea in her head. “It seems like a few people want to talk to you before you… Go.”

She waved her hand, and I found myself in a familiar setting. A group of people stood in front of me, and I recognized every single one of them.

“Hello Link.” The old Subrosian Leader said to me with a large grin on his face.

My face was flushed as I stood up with renewed strength.

The man standing next to him spoke. “Son, I am very proud of what you have done. You are the finest hero that Hyrule and Termina have ever seen.”

Tears began to form around my eyes as I saw my father for the first time that I could ever remember. I felt my entire body begin trembling with happiness. I missed them all.

Maria seemed to be reading my mind. “You will be able to join us for soon,” she said warmly.

I smiled, but nobody saw it.

“So you came just to cry?” Mirrom asked with a large grin on her face.

The one person I wished wouldn’t come stepped up and spoke to me. “Link, I am sorry, brother. When Zephirok came, I was outside the entrance, and when it ran out, it killed me and took my form,” Kinlonia said, pleading for forgiveness.

I realized he was telling the truth, and I nodded, “I forgive you.”

Pleased, he stepped back into the group.

Mudora then walked up, “Where are we now, Link? They say your perfect land is where you live in the afterlife.”

I looked around me. Beautiful buildings about ten times my height were erected, and the smell of fresh-baked bread invaded my nostrils. I recognized it immediately. “The Realm of the Golden Tribe,” I said.

“I thought you would say that,” Mudora said, smiling, “I see that as well. Oh how I long to be back there. What a world!”

He too stepped back into the group, and the final person walked up to me; Leif. He put his hands on my shoulders, and I put mine on his. “Well, thirty years ago, we were bitter enemies. What a change,” he said.

“Time heals all wounds,” I said, quoting what Leif had told me so long ago.

He nodded. “You will be with us very soon, and I am excited to see you again, Link.”

***​

I was back in the bed, looking at the group of people who were still alive.

“What’s wrong with dad, mother?” Leif asked Din.

She seemed to think of the correct way to say it. “Your father has lived a long life, and now it’s his time to join his friends.”

He understood immediately and began sobbing.

“I feel weak,” I croaked.

“Get some sleep, Link,” Nayru told me.

“What if I never wake up?” I asked.

“Well, you are to die today, there is no doubt,” she said, sorrow in her voice. Tears were not only in Leif’s eyes, but also in Zelda’s, and the Three Goddesses.

I let out a deep sigh, “I love you all.”

“We love you too, goodbye Link,” they all said in unison.

My eyelids were very heavy, and I finally closed them. As I felt the feeling in my legs give out, I reminisced about my Adventures. It was filled with love, hate, war, romance, happiness, sorrow, death, and life. I had finally accepted my coming death as I could only move my head off to my side. Slowly, my consciousness began to go under forever, very much like it did with Lee thirty years ago, but I was not afraid.

At last, I had completed my Adventure to Skyloft.

The End​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom