• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure Time and Zelda Merge

Fig

The Altruist
What's happening forum!

One of my favorite shows to watch is called "Adventure Time". Adventure Time is a cartoon that stars a young radical boy with his magical dog. Then it hit me. What if Nintendo can make a cartoon of Zelda that can be more appealing to children and teens the way Adventure Time does it? Yes, I'm aware that there are many fans of Zelda that will think that this is a bad idea, but here me out. The graphics would be childlike such as Adventure Time, just maybe more enhanced for the older audience, but the humor would be more towards the older audience. My way of seeing this cartoon working, would be Link going through different cities and places that are based on his adventures throughout the games, maybe even by the official timeline.

This is how Adventure Time's appeal works:

Childish graphics, but to the dialogue is towards the older audience, since they use lots of substitution of words that mean something in the weird world. Ex. Glob World = Heaven.

I want to know what you guys think of this idea. Is it a good idea, or not such a good idea? You decide. I'm even open for more suggestions or better ideas of televised entertainment.

Agent B

The King of Hyrule
Nintendo (?) already made a Zelda TV show and it was cancelled after 13 (?) episodes. Mases is doing a giveaway of the first season, but it is already over.

Fig

The Altruist
Nintendo (?) already made a Zelda TV show and it was cancelled after 13 (?) episodes. Mases is doing a giveaway of the first season, but it is already over.

I meant as in a new Zelda cartoon, if Nintendo was willing to do so. Sorry for the confusion if there was any.

I personally love Adventure Time. I think it's hilarious and I really like the style, but I don't know that I would like a Zelda series in the same fashion. I would very much perfer to see a Zelda series approached in a "Studio Ghibli" sort of fashion. I think the downfall of the original Zelda cartoon was it trying to be funny; I'd rather see a Zelda series be more of an adventure epic (but that's just me).

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Thanks, Oracle of Awesome, I am now imagining Navi's lines in the voice of the Lumpy Space Princess.

Eh, I don't think it would be a good cross except for in comedy fanart. I think AT is already Zelda-inspired, but it's just so goofy, while Zelda games have a bit of comedy mixed into stories that are more serious - even dark in some games. I also think AT has a more limited appeal than you realize. A friend of mine saw a commercial for it in my presense and said "I just don't get the appeal of that show." I defended it by saying "I've seen a few episodes - I like it BECAUSE it is weird."

I think it only appeals to people who like a certain amount of "weird." - Honestly, I AVOIDED it because the art style threw me off until I read some people's takes on it and looked it up on TV Tropes and decided to give it a shot. It turned out I liked it, but it took some coaxing.

Like someone else said above, if a new Zelda animation were made, I'd rather see it done in an anime style - by the people who did Avatar: The Last Airbender if it were done in the West, by people like Ghibli, Bones or Madhouse if done in Japan.

Though I can see a Wind Waker anime done in a childish style - I might like to see an animation of it done by the folks who did El Tigre - for those familiar with that. It was a very silly, funny as hell cartoon.

Given Adventure Time's humor and characters, maybe this would work with something like Super Mario Bros or Sonic the Hedgehog.
As for Zelda, something on the lines of Avatar: The Last Airbender and ThunderCats.

yes. oh my god, yes. that would be amazing if they could make it work. I juts dont know if they could really make it work. Zelda is a fairly serious game, so I don't know if that would translate well with comedy enough, so as to not ruin it. and if its not funny, they will not get enough viewers and it will probably be cancelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom