• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Adventure Pouch

In Skyward Sword, we were introduce to a new concept, the Adventure Pouch. You get it right after you get the goddess sword, and Fledge gives it to you. At that time, you only had 4 slots in your pouch, but as you go on, you can buy them from Beatles's Airshop, and from a goddess chest. I thought that this idea was really cool. You can place your shield, bottles with potions in them, medals, upgraded capacity for your slingshot, bombs, arrows etc... This was a really good element in this game, and gave it a feel for resource management. Once I got some extra pouches, I add optional things to it, like life medals, and bug medals etc... They need to do something like this in another Zelda game, and make it even better. I didn't think it had any flaws. How do you guys feel about the Adventure Pouch?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I felt like it was a limitation for the sake of limitation, not a limitation for the sake of reasonable gameplay variance. In other words, it was pointless to me. The game was no harder and no easier with the AP in store. Q_Q

Twilight King

The Actual Hero of Time
I liked it from the fact that you could open it while running and easily equip or unequip your shield in addition to seeing how many arrows/bombs you had in your quivers/bomb bags. I mean, I've done a couple runthroughs of the game where I have 8 quivers, upgraded as much as I can with my resources (Haven't gotten all 8 upgraded to large quiver yet, but I'm working on it), and I love the way that you can pick how many you want of what you want instead of being dictated by what the game allows. Of course, I hate the limitation of it, but I like the concept.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I love the Adventure Pouch, I think it's one of the changes of formula the series needed. Having to plan out what items you need before setting out on a journey (like what any good adventurer has to do) is key to the feel of the game. You're exploring unknown territory, and you need to prepare accordingly instead of relying on civilization to bail you out of trouble. I also love the fact that it took in-game time to pull out and use items instead of pausing the game and going to a menu; I thought this bit of realism was awesome and it made fighting and resource management all the more fun.

Only having 8 pouches maximum to store stuff does kinda suck in retrospect, but then again it's more believable than a magic Hammerspace pouch that can store 20 different items of all different sizes. While it would have been even more awesome to have more pouches, it might have thrown the balance of the game off so I can see why the developers did it that way. Plus, like I said before, it makes you actually think about what you're doing instead of rushing in blindly, sword flailing about like in other Zelda games, and I really like that.

I hope we see it again in a future Zelda game. Keep what worked, and fix what little needed to be fixed.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I think it can be fleshed out in the future, but it was without a doubt a great addition to the series. It amped up resource management and allowed for some minor customization. It also ensured that it was pretty much impossible to become OP, which was a problem the GameCube games suffered from, especially Twilight Princess. I hope to see it return in Zelda Wii U and for it to become even more important, so long as it doesn't become restrictive in a bad way, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom