• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure Pouch: Yea or Nay?

I actually like it because it makes the game more balanced and adds an RPG element. After getting killed by Demise on my first three tries, it felt good to come at him prepared with a maxed out guardian potion and potion extending badge.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
There's nothing quite like the challenge of strategically carrying what'd be most suitable for your mission.

From what I've seen, the Adventure Pouch is very underrated and undermentioned in its novel innovative approach to this series. It restrains the amount of items that we can carry and makes us take our time with selecting the most important article to take. Many fans would probably prefer to have all the items at once and set out right away. Instead they're given the chance to pick an item, consider its uses, and bring it along or leave it in the Item Check. As such, it helps immerse the player in the game even more because they can interpret the things it might be implemented for later on. With the limited slots (which thankfully grows as the game progresses) the Adventure Pouch provided plenty of initiative for meticulous planning and preparation.

For these reasons I loved the concept of it, even if it sometimes frustrated me. As a whole Skyward Sword made you gather a lot of necessities, namely from Skyloft, before you could embark to the next provincial quest. On occasion I'd forget to visit the bazaar to upgrade, purchase some new gear or a potion, and of course see my honey Peatrice grab a few things from the Item Check. Already on my Loftwing I'd find myself halfway between Skyloft and the beacon before realizing that I overlooked something. So I'd turn my bird around at once and get it. Now, in previous games I didn't have to mix-'n'-swap so much, and that did take a number of days to adapt, but not very long; therefore I'm glad that it was easy this time, because if they use the Pouch again it shouldn't be much different.

The amount of Rupees in Skyward Sword also affected my partiality to the Adventure Pouch. It might've had its restrictions, but loads of Hyrule's monetary units could still go into acquiring upgrades or additional item slots for it. As it turned out I wasn't left over with a gratuitous sum of Rupees, and that also made the Pouch to be a worthy accessory on Link's journey to retrieve Zelda and slay the rising menace.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I personaly liked the new system, it was fun finding new items to uprgarde pouches and to pick wich item's are most valued on your current mission.

zelda has become much more realistic to me. i hated the fact that i always had to return to that storage girl who thinks i'm hitting on her. it's inefficient and it disrupts the flow of the game.

I really liked it, there was an added challenge and it made me think about what was necissary but I do agree about the heart medals. I would have much rather saw more side quests to get 8 more heart pieces.

Although I found it a little annoying to not be able to carry around all the upgrades, bottles, medals, etc. I actually enjoyed this new feature. It gave more of a RPG type of element in the Zelda series which I really liked.

The adventure pouch makes the game harder by deciding what to have that is necessary to keep ,but I like the way it use to be because you have all variety of items.

It was all just part of the strategy of the game. Forcing you to make choices. The choice that I made was to make money selling bugs so that I could buy more pouches ;)

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Not a fan of it but it did add some extra complexity. Then, if you mistakenly ask Fi for an analysis, she will say "You Pouch items are...[Insert spiel here]" Besides, whatever happened to the "Magic Satchel thing? Besides, if there's a limit on what you can carry, then you should have restricted tools as well, and we all know how well THAT would have gone over.

I loved it! It made of for some of the other simple traits of Skyward Sword. It made me limit exactly what I wanted to bring with me, which made the game more challenging and made me have to think a bit more.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Yea. The Adventure Pouch was a great addition to the series. It allowed for us to have the specific kind of items we wanted in there, as well as gave us less "help" items to rely on, which is great for an adventure and probably good news for minimalist runthroughers. The ability to carry "backup" shields and multiple extra ammo containers -- which, by the way, was much better than winning a larger one in some random mini-game -- also gave a slight customization feature, which wound up being more impressive than I thought it would be. Having to earn the extra pouches also gave a legitimate reason to spend rupees, something past titles were completely absent of. The Adventure Pouch is definitely something that needs to stay in the series from now on. It's not a revolutionary addition by any means, and it's not uber impressive, but it's really neat and useful. There's no reason to not keep it in. It should be expanded on, most definitely, but that's, well...staying in the series.

Last edited:
I don't like the idea of being limited with just a few spaces to put potions,a shield,and upgrades(bomb bag,the quiver and seed satchels).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom