• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Adventure of Link: Underappriciated and Underloved

donkey kong

Juicy pants.
I basically Fairy my way through that section, and then once you get to the palace, just hit Continue when you run out of lives, and you'll start back at the Great palace again. :)

Thanks for the advice :) I will be sure to try that next time I play.

Also @ JasonXP I will also try to do that :)

M

Mik

I bought AoL when it came out . I had finished LoZ and of course expected something similar, but I have no memory of being disappointed in any way. And, what´s more strange, I don´t remember thinking that it was that super-hard. We like took the challenge and finished the game. I love this game, but when I play it NOW, it´s REALLY hard! I guess with few things to compare to and having alot of time we just played and played.

Sure, some things could´ve been made different, but they aren´t! This is the game and it´s a great one! (With all that said I´d like to place ONE small complaint: the ground is a little slippery for some reason, wich builds for the most irritation. But that´s a small thing in an otherwise good game)

I really don't think that it's underloved. Nintendo made some questionable decisions when they created this game. The gameplay is not as tight as it could be. And a lot of the game relies on trial and error which gets annoying after a while.

It's not a bad video game it's just a bad Zelda game.

F

Farorescourage

I don't like it but i gave up to quick im going to give it another go because people say its awsome on here:)

I started playing this earlier after I downloaded it. ( Got it on virtual console, I thought you couldn't save?) It isn't really hard yet. I love killing the Stalfos I found in the dungeon and the Darknuts are really great! Wonder when it will get crazy hard from what I have read on this page.....

SirBeta

Beta is βetter.
Zelda 2 is a good game, but I just don't like it. At all. It's waaaay too frustrating for me. In fact, the difficulty is the only reason I don't like it. It's not that I don't like a challenge, It's that Zelda 2 goes way too far. I do like a challenge, which is why I love Zelda 1 so much, but what I don't like is being so frustrated that I want to destroy my Gamecube.

Zelda 2 is a good game, but I just don't like it. At all. It's waaaay too frustrating for me. In fact, the difficulty is the only reason I don't like it. It's not that I don't like a challenge, It's that Zelda 2 goes way too far. I do like a challenge, which is why I love Zelda 1 so much, but what I don't like is being so frustrated that I want to destroy my Gamecube.

It isn't that frustrating..... It is a challenge, THE ULTIMATE challenge but you just giving up shows that you failed so easily to a GAME.

I just started to play it again last night, even now at my age its friggin hard. Back to OOT 3d till my nerves come back :/

SirBeta

Beta is βetter.
@Heriod77777:
I never gave up, I actually beat it. And I agree, that game is the ultimate challenge. But I still think it's frustrating, especially the part before the Great Palace!

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I think the main reason why so many people don't like the game is because it's different from all the other games and it's way to hard and tedious. I personally like the game; even if it is extrememly difficult(I've never actually beaten it- got to the 2nd to last boss but couldn't beat him >.<). It has lots of great enemies and bosses in it and is responsible for the conceiving of many elements that have stayed in the series since, such as the magic meter, towns, spells, some of the items, etc. Even if it wasn't a very significant game in the series for many, it provided many core elements in the series and it wouldn't be the same without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom