• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Towns and the Sages.

hi zelda dungeon :D

well, lets do this fast. Loz/AoL is used to be placed in the child timeline, I think it can fit the CT, but since the AoL towns have the names of the sages that only existed in the adult time line we can say that:

1.-They gave the names of the towns to the sages as a cameo (easter egg or something like that xD), it has nothing to do with the time line

2.-The towns of the new land were named like that in honor to the sages that sealed Ganon (in the AT)

is probably that the name of Kasuto will come out in this thread, before it happens, some people thinks is an ancient sage, maybe kepora Gebora, or a character we hasn't still met

so, what do you think, 1? 2? or maybe another thing?

Megamannt125

Blue Link
It was relevant before the split idea was concieved, now it's just an easter egg.
There's no possible way it could have any real relevance at this point because:
A. On the AT, Hyrule was flooded and forgotton except for WW Link who only knew about the MS and basic Hyrule lore, he was never informed of the name's of the sages or anything.
B. On the CT, the AT sages never became sages.

I think the connection could still work, but it's sort of a suspension of disbelief for the names to last that long since LoZ/AoL would take place at the end of one of the timeline branches. I mean, in the latest interview talking about it from 2008, Aonuma didn't act like the connection was invalidated now.

startimer

Resident Cartographer
You know, I really hate the "the sages never became sages" arguement. Sage or no, most of these people were important.
-Darunia's a Goron elder.
-Ruto's a princess.
-Nabooru is the Gerudo's second-in-command, and probably became the leader after Ganondorf was exiled.
-Rauru was still a sage before OoT.
-Mido never was a sage anyway.
Just because the sages weren't awakened doesn't mean the towns can't still be named after them.

Djinn

and Tonic
Even though Mido was not a sage, he was still something of a leader and representative for the Kokiri, just as Ruto, Nabooru, Darunia, and Impa are for their respective tribes. They are important names for the people's of villages they originate. It does make sense that their names would be remembered especially in some time of troubles for the Kingdom of Hyrule. Even if Ganondorf did not come to power it was still a troublesome time for Hyrule as he still might have torched Hyrule Castle in an effort to claim the Ocarina for himself. His interaction with the other tribes in an attempt to gain the spiritual stones would eventually cause some kind of militarized action against him possibly re-igniting the war spoken of in the origin story of Link.

Before Link went on his quest Ganondorf had already Cursed the Deku Tree, poisoned Jabu Jabu, and closed off the Gorons from their food source. And around the time Link traveled back in time was the day Ganondorf entered Hyrule Castle under false pretenses and attacked it to take the ocarina. He had successfully made serious enemies of all the tribes, killed a deity, poisoned another, angered the Gorons, and broke his oath to the Hylian King and attacked his guards.

This is enough to create a war scenario as things have become serious for most of the tribes. And normally during troubling times the people leading are well remembered, more so than the leaders of more peaceful times. Even if they do not become sages in most people's observed timelines. They are still important leaders in a time all the tribes were attacked and Hyrule under siege. So even in the child timeline they are important characters and people living in a later era might still name their newly founded towns after the great leaders of the towns of old that oversaw a time of great need and eventual prosperity.

This is easy to see an example of in America since most east coast states have a city or county named Washington, Greenville, and Jefferson named for George Washington, Nathaniel Greene, and Thomas Jefferson. Then later came others like Houston, Austin, and Seattle.

thanks for the replays

You know, I really hate the "the sages never became sages" arguement. Sage or no, most of these people were important.
-Darunia's a Goron elder.
-Ruto's a princess.
-Nabooru is the Gerudo's second-in-command, and probably became the leader after Ganondorf was exiled.
-Rauru was still a sage before OoT.
-Mido never was a sage anyway.
Just because the sages weren't awakened doesn't mean the towns can't still be named after them.

yeah, I had already thought about this possibility, it can make sense, I think, anyway, I have always wondered, what is exactly the land we see in AoL?, we can see the old hyrule (the one in the original NES game, and that resembles the hyrule from other games)

maybe the hyrule in LoZ (NES) was really destroyed by ganon, I mean, people live in caves, the is no castle, if we compare it to Alttp hyrule, there is a big graveyard where kakariko would be.

so, the survivors moved to a new land past the old hyrule, started new towns naming them as some important people from the past?

if there was a remake of AoL in the future, do you think we would be able to see other races different to the humans and hylians? (like, gorons at darunia, zoras at ruto, or something like that)

startimer

Resident Cartographer
thanks for the replays

yeah, I had already thought about this possibility, it can make sense, I think, anyway, I have always wondered, what is exactly the land we see in AoL?, we can see the old hyrule (the one in the original NES game, and that resembles the hyrule from other games)

maybe the hyrule in LoZ (NES) was really destroyed by ganon, I mean, people live in caves, the is no castle, if we compare it to Alttp hyrule, there is a big graveyard where kakariko would be.

so, the survivors moved to a new land past the old hyrule, started new towns naming them as some important people from the past?

if there was a remake of AoL in the future, do you think we would be able to see other races different to the humans and hylians? (like, gorons at darunia, zoras at ruto, or something like that)

I've been thinking about this myself. The only landmarks from LoZ/AoL to return in later games are Death Mountain and the Lost Woods. Both of these are at the far west edge of hyrule... compare that to OoT Hyrule, where the two are in the same location relative to each other, but at the eastern edge... plus, like you mentioned, the graveyard is exactly where Kakariko is, which has a graveyard in it. So I think it's safe to assume that the LoZ/AoL area is just another part of Hyrule, east of the hyrule we're familliar with.

I've even drawn up a map to illistrate this:

img003x.jpg

(I also have other places in this map that are irrelevant to this discussion)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom