• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Adventure of Link Question

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
Should I play through Adventure of Link, or is it too tedious and frustrating? I'm not sure, because I wan't to finish most 'core' Zelda games before SS releases. So, do you think I should give AoL a try if I enjoy all the over Zelda games?

Conor

the over analysing guy
You should definitely give it a try, I did. After the initial shock of how different it is, you realise it's actually a really good and fun game, it's addictive in a way, even though I keep dying I keep coming back :p

I really like Adventure of Link, but it is definitely a challenging game! Give it a try, though, and I would say don't make any set judgements on it until after you get the hammer, because it's much more difficult in the beginning and then you level up and it gets easier for a while and you are able to explore the world more freely without constantly dying.

To me Zelda 2 was REALLY HARD,but its a very good game and it not tedious trust me. I wasn't expecting that from a NES game,you should try it.

(I had the same idea:to beat all Zelda games before SKYWARD SWORD come out :))

Last edited:

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
I really like Adventure of Link, but it is definitely a challenging game! Give it a try, though, and I would say don't make any set judgements on it until after you get the hammer, because it's much more difficult in the beginning and then you level up and it gets easier for a while and you are able to explore the world more freely without constantly dying.
I just beat the first palace. I kept dying and having to walk back :( And now I am having trouble getting anywhere in the second palace because I keep having to go through that cave and losing lives on the way there. When do I get this hammer?

I just beat the first palace. I kept dying and having to walk back :( And now I am having trouble getting anywhere in the second palace because I keep having to go through that cave and losing lives on the way there. When do I get this hammer?

The hammer is found south of death mountain(southmost point of the western continent(where you start))

my advice is

1. level up a bit, it well REALLY help
2. look for any heart/magic containors. you can get at least one of each before the second palace more if i have forgotten any.

also just a question i thought you needed the hammer to get into the 2nd palace are you tryign to get through the 3rd palace(island palace)? However i could be wrong because i did get the hammer firstanyway.

also another word of advice death mountain is bloody hard infact that was one of the hardest parts of the game for me. But after you complete death mountain its alot easier until you travel to eastern hyrule.

Last edited:

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
The hammer is found south of death mountain(southmost point of the western continent(where you start))

my advice is

1. level up a bit, it well REALLY help
2. look for any heart/magic containors. you can get at least one of each before the second palace more if i have forgotten any.

also just a question i thought you needed the hammer to get into the 2nd palace are you tryign to get through the 3rd palace(island palace)? However i could be wrong because i did get the hammer firstanyway.

also another word of advice death mountain is bloody hard infact that was one of the hardest parts of the game for me. But after you complete death mountain its alot easier until you travel to eastern hyrule.

I've heard about Death Mountain, and I'm scared. I have been following the ZD guide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom