• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Adventure Mode

MQ so far is not necessarily easier, but different from the original. There more variations to the types of missions you have to do than in the original, and there are often only 2 things measured (out of damage taken/time/KO's) so it's somewhat easier to get A rank. Maybe this will change once I'm further along.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I've heard so many people say Zelda's baton is a bad weapon.

1609930_10204216681830792_6290103041398639237_n.jpg

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I dislike the baton because when compared to Zelda's Rapier it is slow and somewhat unwieldy, it's easy to have your combo's broken into. The Pro of it is that it hit's harder and can get a wide variety of foes in each hit, whereas the rapier is only good for a few at a time.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I can't get the hang of the Baton. It has a very small range, and its combos aren't very diverse. Most of them only affect a small circle around Zelda. Are you using her Strong Attack a lot? It seems like it might be useful but it's hard to know what to do with it.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I can't get the hang of the Baton. It has a very small range, and its combos aren't very diverse. Most of them only affect a small circle around Zelda. Are you using her Strong Attack a lot? It seems like it might be useful but it's hard to know what to do with it.

I like to line enemies up and use her C3. It YYXXXXXXXXX. It just keeps gathering together enemies and destroying them. You can also move during the middle of an attack if you don't like how close an enemy is to you. Captains can also get caught up in the attack. The important thing is to know what's around you. Don't face your backs to anything, especially captains if you don't have to. I like to back myself against a wall or into a corner in a keep so everything stays in front of me.

I think the baton is a great weapon. It does a lot of damage over a wide area. It's downside is you can't move and combo at the same time like you can with other weapons like the rapier. it's a big downside but it's certainly not the worst weapon ever. Lana's stick and Lana's portal are garbage tier. I found the Lv3 baton stage not too hard actually. I think the baton is an expert weapon. Hard to use but once you master it you can get some decent KOs.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
See i find the Deku Stick quite handy in some levels it's more versatile than the book in some ways. As for the summoning gate i haven't used it yet. bear in mind it is you who needs to adapt to the weapons if you are used to a one weapon fight then you are going to have a hell of a harder time trying to adapt

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I think the baton is a great weapon. It does a lot of damage over a wide area. It's downside is you can't move and combo at the same time like you can with other weapons like the rapier. it's a big downside but it's certainly not the worst weapon ever. Lana's stick and Lana's portal are garbage tier. I found the Lv3 baton stage not too hard actually. I think the baton is an expert weapon. Hard to use but once you master it you can get some decent KOs.
The Baton does not do damage over a wide area, its range is VERY limited, on par with the Parasol. On the other hand, the Summoning Gate has great range and more importantly diverse types of range. King Dodongo goes very far in a straight line, Manhandla has a large circle, Gohma and Argorok are slightly smaller but stronger. But then there are the strong attack combos. Gohma's combo has probably the longest range in the game besides specials, and for the Argorok combo range isn't even a consideration because you can move around, rather quickly I might add.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
Okay guys, lets just say there is no such thing as a bad weapon or character, okay? Okay? Okay.

When it comes to the Baton, I also had a hard time adjusting. But so far I've actually found myself choosing it over the Rapier. Agitha I've said before that she is the most awkward character in the game (her or Zant anyway :P). I've had to learn to work her and I've come to enjoying playing her. I guess it really depends on how veritable your playing style is. With Agitha you have to be strategic, not really a hack and slasher 24-7. Link with his Hylian Sword/Mater Sword is so awesome for killing millions, spamming his spin attack make me feel like a god. Lana's Summoning Gate is pretty difficult at first because it has a lot of the same 'issues' as the Baton.
But when you learn the tricks to it (you know what I mean: Riding Argorok!) you won't have such a tough time. Admittedly I'm still struggling a little with the Spear.
Your worst enemy will certainly be stagnation in your style of play.

I know I must be sounding like a total know-it-all, but I have really learned a lot about using the characters and their great capabilities. I really wish i could show you guys a video or something (Miiverse should do something like that). But anyways, just try to find the separate amazingness of all the different characters and their weapons :).

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
You are right when you mention stagnation of play style. There are enough walks of life (aka different characters and weapons) that it can satisfy people rather quickly but to adapt to each character is the real trick and to adapt to their weapons on the literal fly, for instance i haven't touched Agitha, Zant, Ghirahim, Volga or Ruto that i know that when it comes to their levels i will need to adapt or drown.

I like the fact we have such a variety, heck i love the fact that you can choose a character you may not know and familiarize yourself with how to wield them. By far for me the best are sword wielders such as Link, Ganondorf (love how my comp tells me Ganondorf is wrong spelling) and Zelda and the worst are certain characters listed simply because they feel inadequate my issue is i have too much of a good opinion on some characters that i will overlook the less great ones because of it.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Do you like it or hate it?
It's alright.^^

I think it's great for replay value. It keeps me coming back to unlock stuff.
I guess the only criticism I have with it is that some of the missions are like- nearly impossible to beat, and some are like- insane/impossible without a friend.
Luckily I have such a friend, and she is always willing to play..... though she just got Smash 4 for 3DS, and right now she's ecstatic about it, so HW will be overshadowed a little bit. Though we play both together. She doesn't have a Wii U though, so we just play together on mine.
I'm REALLY happy she got it too (smash), because now I can finally play with someone else! xD

Anyway, yeah, aside from difficulty level- which might not be an issue when I get my characters leveled up, I enjoy it just as much. It's a nice little tribute To the original, though admittedly, I never got far on that one. Without it, I'm not sure what else I'd do on it. ...Though I don't really understand the challenge mode. I haven't really tested it out much. I'll see what it's like one of these days... (I did run it once, but didn't do much and left afterwards- forget why)

But yeah, overall, Adventure mode is a good (and almost necessary) addition to it. I have my ups and downs with it, but that might all be resolved after I get higher in level. High enough to BLAST through tons of the enemies and missions that have gotten in my way before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom