• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Adventure Mode: Tips, Tricks and Help.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Dude my brother blocks all the time! He says its good especially when you upgrade the Digging mitts completely. I myself only use it for bosses :P.
Pretty sure Digging Mitts refer to when the enemy's guard is up.

I still find blocking useful sometimes. When you're stunned (i.e. hit 1-3 times in a row) you can't dodge but you can block. Just hold the block button until it lets you dodge. That's pretty much its only use though, to give you time to dodge which is generally superior. I'd definitely put No Guard on a power weapon, along with No Healing.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Same, I literally have never blocked and it is AWESOME. I just dodge like mad or my attacks are so fast i literally end up going to far from an attacking foe for them to hit me. That or AOE damage saves me. Personally i love the Fire Rod's second combo (at least i think it's second) That dirty great axe is perfect for clearing areas.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Personally i love the Fire Rod's second combo (at least i think it's second) That dirty great axe is perfect for clearing areas.
Same. I rarely use any of the others. I've been trying to use the flamethrower more for 1v1. 1 can be slightly better than 2 in a small number of situations. 4 is useless all around.

oh, ok. I thought some weapons necessitated using the weaker versions of a weapon to get them.

Wait you can block? :P but no i know that. I just neglect to block. Don't really see the point of it. if you have a fast character then you can strike and dodge, a slow character can do this too but you need to time it. Ganondorf is the best for strike and dodge (at least to me) He isn't to fast but he is strong nonetheless and i can dodge sooo much. Just sit there farming for the kicks nowadays. I need stronger peoplez.

Heh yeah honestly I got halfway through the game before finding out you could actually block. You don't really need it. That's why the 'no blocking' MQ levels make me laugh.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
:P totally true i see no reason to block. Nor heal you have more than enough hearts literally thrown at you. I like using combo 3 the one with the giant fire dragon it's handy if foes are too close. I find the Mandhandla to be too slow to keep foes back that more useful for if they are maybe a keep away from you.

Healing is great for Hero difficulty in Legend/Free mode. But for Adventure mode, if you need to heal, you will not get A Rank as you have taken too much damage.

Dude my brother blocks all the time! He says its good especially when you upgrade the Digging mitts completely. I myself only use it for bosses :P.
I just dodge for the giant bosses. And I use the invincibility frames while dodging so their attacks do not hurt me.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
How does one A-Rank the MQ Rewards Map level? The one with three Imprisoneds...

That's the only thing besides farming for badges and levels between me and 130%. (counting each DLC as 30% for now, pending what the Boss Pack is)

Nevermind, I didn't realize just how weak Zelda is. I used Link's MS and was able to kill each Imprisoned in two weakpoint smashes instead of three. The third one's a huge pain because it insists on sliding halfway across the map to meet up with Impa before getting up, so that wastes a ton of time.

Last edited:
A repeat of another post on the forum but it's just so good I felt I should share it here too.

I can confirm this works well. It'a C16, top right of the Master Quest map. Here are some notes about the stage first.

• The stage is very hard to get to. You need to get a raft to access the stage and depending on where they are, this can be hard to do. Also the stages leading up to C16 are pretty hard too. One you are there though, C16 is relatively easy with the right set up.
  • I used Link at Lv119 and a 450 damage power gauntlets on my first sty of the stage. (due to me liking the weapon a lot and it's favoured stage element) and the stage is very easy to rack up the KOs on.
  • The magic bottles are littered over the ground on this stage and there are tons of bottle dropping captains. I got a 530 combo in magic time due to the fact there are so many bottles around.
  • This stage is not so good for farming rupees. The network links or reward stages are better.
  • I didn't use any potions and I only got 3 trash weapons. Not so good to farm weapons on.
  • Farming KOs for ability unlocking, materials and XP is amazing on this stage.
  • This is not the best stage to farm bronze materials for Twilight Princess potions. The first kill both enemies at the same time on the Twilight Princess map seems to be better for that due to the fact you can farm all day and they drop 2x items per captain kill.
  • There could be a better Twilight Princess map stage that is better than this due to the fact of the double drop materials. I will have to keep doing more of the Twilight Princess map to test this out.

Here are the screenshots from my 1st shot at this stage to show you how good the stage is.

The number of KO's I ended up getting in the 10 minute time limit.

zlCfzSvTVEoZheH__R

Here are all the materials I got. Had to take 2 screen shots to show you them all

zlCfzSvTXZAxBaRJl7

zlCfzSvTZ-chsxPeuY

How does one A-Rank the MQ Rewards Map level? The one with three Imprisoneds...

That's the only thing besides farming for badges and levels between me and 130%. (counting each DLC as 30% for now, pending what the Boss Pack is)

Nevermind, I didn't realize just how weak Zelda is. I used Link's MS and was able to kill each Imprisoned in two weakpoint smashes instead of three. The third one's a huge pain because it insists on sliding halfway across the map to meet up with Impa before getting up, so that wastes a ton of time.

Keep your distance from the largest one. Only dart in to attack his feet when needed. But to start, knock the big one over and then use that time to kill the small ones. It's not a good idea to ignore them because they do a lot of damage when attacking you from offscreen if you're focused on the big guy. Once they're out of the way, killing the big one should be relatively easy. Save your special attacks for later in the fight, once he's damaged enough to make the big red shock waves.

also, wow. A thread I made got stickied? Feels good man...

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
One thing I always do against bosses is go all out!! I save my special gauge for most of the fight, then once the boss appears, I spend it all on bringing down their Weakness Meter. Two or three specials can usually get it all the way down, though the Magic Meter can get it down just in case that doesn't work.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
MQ Map C16. Character: Twili Midna. KO's : 4000. Twili Midna is a beast in these levels. I never block. Only against Manhandla in NO HEALING stages. That sucker can do a lot of damage with the seed attack. Especially when you'll have to face two of them.

Tobi

Some dork
I've noticed that when using Skull Kid against bosses his BBBY (Zelda mode) attack DESTROYS the weak point gauge.

Using the bow in all attacks are devastating helps out a lot, but be careful with your surroundings when using it. Dodge a lot as well.

I myself need some help with beating the Imprisoned. It was already a huge pain in Skyward Sword, now the suffering returns in Hyrule Warriors Legends...

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I've noticed that when using Skull Kid against bosses his BBBY (Zelda mode) attack DESTROYS the weak point gauge.

Using the bow in all attacks are devastating helps out a lot, but be careful with your surroundings when using it. Dodge a lot as well.

I myself need some help with beating the Imprisoned. It was already a huge pain in Skyward Sword, now the suffering returns in Hyrule Warriors Legends...

Depends on who you are using when fighting the imprisoned, in general if you are gonna fight a boss enemy save up your spirit guage and special attack guage, with a decently level character it'll take three weak point smashes to kill imprisoned (gonna call him IMP from here on out) so when he rises up with his big ol marshmellow toes use a special attack or use the biggest Area of effect attack (such as links back flip into a sword beam attack or Ganon's C6) then just wail on him, it's advised to find out which of your playable characters combo's do the most damage to a Weakpoint smash, if you are really pressed for time when he goes down use your spirit guage and attack him, if you time it you can use the final attack of spirit guage mode (or hit X) to cause large damage and also get the glowing ring of death for a boss to appear allowing you to hit him twice in a row.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator

Link's BBY (YYX) with the Master Sword does miracles against the Imprisoned. If you fight him in a defeat all enemies battle, make sure you'll take out other enemies first (especially baby Imrprisoneds because they like to attack you with a shocking beam) and stay in a corner to avoid his stupid shock wave. Also make sure you got the most imported defense and attack badges (weakpoint gauge going down faster, first knock nullified and less damage on special stages). Then he is becoming a big joke to defeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom