• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Adventure Mode: Tips, Tricks and Help.

Yeah I got that one too. I almost put it on the weapon I was using for Darunia's tier 3, but wasn't sure if it would make you weaker in the beginning or not. So I didn't put it on there in the end. I got my last two level 3 weapons last night, so if anyone has a level that they're having trouble with I might be able to provide some help.

Yeah I got that one too. I almost put it on the weapon I was using for Darunia's tier 3, but wasn't sure if it would make you weaker in the beginning or not. So I didn't put it on there in the end. I got my last two level 3 weapons last night, so if anyone has a level that they're having trouble with I might be able to provide some help.
Well done.
And yes please. I have 2 weapons left to get. Agitha's Lv3 and Lana's Lv3 Portal. I think Agitha just needs more levels, but Lana's Portal Lv3 stage I can do it but just in time but with only like 500 KO's. The weapon is much too slow for me to get a decent KO speed so I'm not sure what to do there. I have Lana at Lv75 just so you know. A good strategy for this level would help a lot, as for me it seems to be the hardest Lv3 weapon to earn by far (on 1st adventure map).

Much harder than Ruto's Lv3 weapon. If levelled up properly Ruto's Lv3 is much easier than everyone says it is if you know how to go about the stage.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Spam strong attack each funny looking cloud means a new boss attack say you get Argarok with the red aura around you when you summon him you will fly on him and be able to BURN IT ALL. Gohma's one summons 2 who do a wide beam attack, Manhandla summons two more of them and do that funny dance of theirs and Dodongo summons 3 of them and they just be rollin.

Though to be fair it is slow going with the Gate.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
I haven't been moving forward much in the games MQ adventure map or Cia's story. I've mostly been leveling up and grinding up bosses for materials. I completed Cia's story yesterday (it was short!) and so now I'm moving on to MQ map. I'm a bit late aren't I :sweat:?

I haven't been moving forward much in the games MQ adventure map or Cia's story. I've mostly been leveling up and grinding up bosses for materials. I completed Cia's story yesterday (it was short!) and so now I'm moving on to MQ map. I'm a bit late aren't I :sweat:?
Not at all. Many of us are still on the 1st quest adventure map. I have 2 squares left to A Rank (I'll get all the heart pieces later though). The only catch is if you are getting Smash Bros, you might to get some serious Hyrule Warriors play in before that, as Smash Bros might take up your time on it's release.

Spam strong attack each funny looking cloud means a new boss attack say you get Argarok with the red aura around you when you summon him you will fly on him and be able to BURN IT ALL. Gohma's one summons 2 who do a wide beam attack, Manhandla summons two more of them and do that funny dance of theirs and Dodongo summons 3 of them and they just be rollin.

Though to be fair it is slow going with the Gate.
Thank you for this. And yes it is slow going. A little too slow for A Rank. But I'll keep trying what you say. It's worth a shot. Maybe I'll get it with your advice, who knows.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Who knows indeed ^^. As is stands Argorok is the fastest for an attack. Though personally i like to go nuts with dodongo's those things can wreck like nobody's business

@the8thArk, One of the best mob-clearing combos is Manhandla (w-w-s), both on it's own and suped up from Strong Attack. It covers a wide area, and if you happen to catch an Officer with the actual appendage while it writhes, and they aren't blocking, the total combo will do heavy damage. But try not to use it if you're only engaging a small number, unless you dodge out of the combo it eats time like a mofo. Argorok is great for everything as mentioned, counterintuitively he's excellent for fighting a small group of enemies, officer or commander. You just need to get good at juggling them with the flame breath (you move fast so it's easy to "drop" people and then fly away from them, especially if you're targeted on them). If you can get to 700 or so kills by the time the enemy gates open, then a massive force will sortie out from Link's keep. Intercept this force and annihilate it, easily netting yourself another 200+ kills. The rest I usually get is collateral damage from fighting link in and around his keep. There are so many of them there, but you don't want to stop fighting link. If enemy numbers dwindle inside, just knock his green-clad arse outside of it and fight for a while there for a bit. You can get up to 200 more kills doing this.

I should say that as fun as riding Argorok is, if you can catch the enemy in a bottleneck (bridge, keep entrance, marching column) then using the regular combo is Devastating with a capital DEVASTATING.

Also also, you actually can dodge-cancel most of the combos with the Gate and have them keep going just fine. But if you don't cancel out of Manhandla's, he'll launch a concentric cone of seed bombs, starting close and ending actually quite far away. This absolutely devastates large groups of enemies that don't have tough officers to back them up and deal damage to you while you're attacking, like Dinolfos or Darknuts. If you do use this, make sure you catch any officers far enough back when you're starting the combo.

Last edited:
zlCfzSoqj9YyLwoe3y

I have finally A ranked every square on the 1st quest adventure map. I have not gotten all the heart pieces and skulltulas yet. I'll aim for those later. And I can confirm you don't have to earn any weapon in other adventure maps to unock the Master Sword special ability.

AncientPoe
Thanks for the advice. And it worked. How I did it was I just used my Lv75 Lana and just spammed the strong attack combo. And if I could I pressed it as a combo to slightly power up the monsters I was spawning. I didn't care what monster I was spawning. I only used the basic attack to quickly but a captain's weak point meter. Took me 4 attempts today basically due to the fact I took too much damage each time. But on the 4th time I got damage in the 8000's and that was enough. I only ended up taking one keep and I totally ignored the cuccos. Also you only need 1k KOs before you enter the final boss fort. You can get the last 200 KOs inside that. The hordes on the bridge as said above help to get the 1K. A very hard level to A rank. Thanks everyone for your advice. It helped a lot.

The last one I did was Agithas Lv3 one and it's very hard too. Some advice there is to just spam the large beetle combo. WWS I believe is the combo for it. And avoid damage, every little hit adds up and can push you over the 10K limit. Your special ability is good for clearing out large horde groups for KOs too, and trying to get the captains you need to kill in the blast is nice too. This took me a few goes to get done. Just remember, if Cia is screaming for help, break off your final Link fight to save her, then you can race back to Link, and beat him before she flees. I did this on the time I A'd it.

If anyone else needs advice on how to A rank any of the 1st quest stages I'm sure someone here (me included now too as I've done them all) can help you out.

Thank you all again :) . I'm glad I've done it. Later on I'll slowly farm the 25k kills for each special weapon affix I have.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I always ignore cuccos. They don't become a problem until 15+ minutes (i.e. no A rank anyway), they take forever to kill, and you don't get anything from them.

I think I'm finally learning how to use Sheik. I finally figured out what the Light Strong Attack does, so I can just spam Special Attack against mobs, fire combo + Fire Strong Attack against captains.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
I always ignore cuccos. They don't become a problem until 15+ minutes (i.e. no A rank anyway), they take forever to kill, and you don't get anything from them.

I think I'm finally learning how to use Sheik. I finally figured out what the Light Strong Attack does, so I can just spam Special Attack against mobs, fire combo + Fire Strong Attack against captains.

Cuccos, ugh. I can not ignore those little freaks for the life of me >.<. Maybe I've got some severe chicken disorder :cucco:? Every time there's a Cucco, I just gotta go and special attack the thing to the point of anger. There were at least 3 levels I could barely ace because of this. And I've actually learned what the light move does as well, but my favorites are the Bolero of Fire and the Serenade of Water. Bolero is slow, but imo the damage is worth it. And the shield Serenade makes is good for going against The Imprisoned and Vicious Cuccos.

zlCfzSoqj9YyLwoe3y

I have finally A ranked every square on the 1st quest adventure map. I have not gotten all the heart pieces and skulltulas yet. I'll aim for those later. And I can confirm you don't have to earn any weapon in other adventure maps to unock the Master Sword special ability.

Hey, I haven't congratulated you yet! :triforce:Congratulations the8thark :triforce:! Keep up the good work :yes:.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Congrats the8thark, Tis' a might achievement to claim and own ^^.

Those damn cuccos stalk me across the map and i end up fighting the chicken army due to collateral damage Blech. Shiek is a nice fighter in certain scenarios. Mostly the bottle neck type of scenario but nonetheless she ain't bad

Congrats the8thark, Tis' a might achievement to claim and own ^^.

Those damn cuccos stalk me across the map and i end up fighting the chicken army due to collateral damage Blech. Shiek is a nice fighter in certain scenarios. Mostly the bottle neck type of scenario but nonetheless she ain't bad

Thank you muchly. And yes Shiek is very nice as a fast fighter. My most used weapon is Link's power gauntlets. This is mainly because lightning does more damage vs Lisfols/Dinfols and these 2 enemies are the main ones we fight in the Lv99 network Links. And I about 90% of the network Links I get are Lv99.

Cuccos, ugh. I can not ignore those little freaks for the life of me >.<. Maybe I've got some severe chicken disorder :cucco:? Every time there's a Cucco, I just gotta go and special attack the thing to the point of anger. There were at least 3 levels I could barely ace because of this. And I've actually learned what the light move does as well, but my favorites are the Bolero of Fire and the Serenade of Water. Bolero is slow, but imo the damage is worth it. And the shield Serenade makes is good for going against The Imprisoned and Vicious Cuccos.

Hey, I haven't congratulated you yet! :triforce:Congratulations the8thark :triforce:! Keep up the good work :yes:.

Thank you :)
And I didn't know that about Shiek. I always just spammed her weak combo and special. I'll have to try her music out later.

Once you know how to use Sheik, it's practically impossible to lose an A Rank from damage taken. However, I haven't really bothered with the Light Strong Attack, Serenade and Bolero have worked too well (with Nocturne boosting Special Gauge nicely). What does it do, boost your damage or something?

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
Once you know how to use Sheik, it's practically impossible to lose an A Rank from damage taken. However, I haven't really bothered with the Light Strong Attack, Serenade and Bolero have worked too well (with Nocturne boosting Special Gauge nicely). What does it do, boost your damage or something?

Shiek's Prelude of Light song makes a big glowing yellow square that quickly fills your special attack gauge, but only Shiek's so a friend can't also use it. Really awesome for the annoying challenge mode though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom