• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Adventure Mode: Tips, Tricks and Help.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
4k damage is actually 10 hearts. I took a quarter heart of damage on a stage and my damage came out to 100. I also have had a couple where my damage was 30-36 for the brief damage I took before disabling a barrier, but didn't lose a quarter of a heart.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I dunno about damage, but the time to get an A rank seems to always be 15 minutes or less. KOs seem to switch off between 1,200 KOs and, rarely, 1,500.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Ko's go between 1200 and 1500 for me i haven't had it go above that, though if i were anyone else i'd earmark it as high as possible.
Time seems to go from 12-15 i've lost with 12:30 on the clock before now.

Hmm interesting stuff, this will make things a little easier now. I'm always going for 1200-1300 kills before the final Boss where I can take out another 100-200 easily normally. Knowing this will help save some time.

Finally did the lvl 2 Baton level for Zelda, pretty wide margin during my final attempt as well. Also unlocked the last character with Zant. He's hard to pin down as a fighter if I'm honest, his attacks seem far less powerful than you'd expect and his recovery time make me wonder what his upside is. Anyone using him successfully so far?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Finally did the lvl 2 Baton level for Zelda, pretty wide margin during my final attempt as well. Also unlocked the last character with Zant. He's hard to pin down as a fighter if I'm honest, his attacks seem far less powerful than you'd expect and his recovery time make me wonder what his upside is. Anyone using him successfully so far?
Are you overloading his twilight meter? That'll stun him for a bit. If you stop when it's full (or before) you'll successfully complete the combo which'll have a much shorter recovery that you can dodge-cancel out of. I'm surprised at how much I enjoy using him. That twilight meter is a unique touch. I just need to remember to use it up more often so I don't find myself unable to do combos when I want to. Oh and to not get distracted and overfill it.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links

A few things I should point out...

1) With all of his combos, they don't end until you stop pushing Y. Each Y push gives him more twilight meter. STOP when the meter is full or he'll be stunned.

2) His strong attack activates the meter. After this, you can push B to do a moving spin attack (which is great for clearing/moving crowds) or push Y to shoot fast range attack. Or you can just activate his meter and not use it if you want it to drain to use some more of his long combos.

3) Don't use his Zant's Hand attack. It's not accurate, takes a long time to finish, and can't be canceled. You're vulnerable when he uses this.

Once you got all that down, he's actually a pretty decent character.

Thanks for the tips guys, only used him for two fights, I had no idea that his meter worked like that. That should definitely help a lot. I was already wondering how to do the spin attack, only managed the laser attack till now. His stomp attacks is really good for clearing out keeps.

Two things that get to me in this game in adventure mode:

1. Heart pieces. You have to get an A Rank or find them in tough stages mostly. And any heart piece past 10 of them is pointless because of the under 4k damage for A ranking. Sure for Hero difficulty in free mode the heart pieces are nice but in Adventure mode they are simply not used. To that end I get the heart pieces I can on the time I A the stages, but if I can't I don't care, I'll just come back with Lv3 weapons for the heart pieces.

2. Star Lv weapons. Will use spoiler tags for this as people might not want to be spoilered.

On the master quest adventure map you can earn star Lv weapons. I thought they'd be more powerful weapons. But no, they are just Lv3 weapons with a 8-Bit skin. A bit of a let down I think. But at least it gives us more things to farm for. I've only earnt one master quest 8-bit weapon so far. I'm still doing the first quest adventure map, and I want it done first. I've done about 90% of that now.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Yeah, the 8-bit sword was released back in update v1.2.0, so I figured the others would be the same as it. If you think about it, they have to be the same power as one of the base weapons to avoid "pay to win". They did the same with MK8 - all the DLC karts are clones stat-wise of other karts. ...Of course, if you REALLY think about it, that doesn't matter in a game with no online multiplayer. Also, the fact that Cia/Volga/Wizzro's L2/L3 weapons are unlocked in the MQ map is kinda weird.

Like you, I'm also not bothering with heart containers for most characters until later. I got all the weapons and gold skulltulas in the adventure map, so I went ahead and moved on to the MQ map. I'll come back for the rest of the heart containers when I'm done with that and all my warriors (*cough* Agitha) are stronger.

Also, the fact that Cia/Volga/Wizzro's L2/L3 weapons are unlocked in the MQ map is kinda weird.
That makes sense. The 1st quest adventure map was made long before Cia/Volga/Wizzro were playable characters. So with that map done the only things left to put their weapons upgrades in is the 5 level Cia story or the 2nd quest adventure map and Nintendo chose the latter. Makes it hard having to use their Lv1 weapons for a while. But the 5 Cia legend mode stages are doable with Lv1 weapons on hard. I think I had a 4* level 1 weapon I did all 5 stages with.
And technically you could get the Lv* weapons on 2nd Quest before you get the Lv3 weapons on 1st Quest. Might make getting some of the harder lv3 weapons easier to get. (Lana's stick, Lana's portal, Darunia's hammer, Ganondorf's swords are ones I found very hard to get. Well I have all of those apart from the Lv3 portal, I only have the lv2 one and that was a real ***** to get and Darunia's Lv3 hammer. At Lv40 and Lv2 hammer he does not enough damage in that level, so I need to save up the rupees to level him up majorly.).

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
It's not really weird for their L2 and L3 stuff to be in master quest. Cia/Volga/Wizzro at just level 25 are powerhouses in their own rights. And people without the DLC can at least know they aren't missing out on too much, All the L2 and L3 stuff do is enhance your attack strength and not to put a pin it but if you have already done the regular Adventure mode and done all that weapon collecting chances are you could just as easily have an equal Whip/Spear/Ring as any other character due to the Legendary skill which boosts up so that you can fight with any weapon so long as it has that.

I'm still working on Adventure Map at the moment not even thinking about Master Quest, still 24 weapon(s) (upgrades) to go :)

What level are you guys characters on? My powerhouse is Link on 61, couple of 40 guys (Zelda, Ganondorf, Impa) and couple in the high 30's (Volga, Lana). The rest around 25+ I think. Are you grinding 'weaker' characters or just using the Dojo? What level is advisable for the Lvl 2 and 3 Weapon maps?

Maikeru

Piper of Time
My level breakout is:

Link - 87
Zelda - 82
Agitha - 80
Sheik - 77
Fi - 72
Ganondorf - 71
Cia - 70
Darunia - 70
Midna - 70
Zant - 70
Impa - 67
Lana - 67
Ghirahim - 66
Ruto - 66
Volga - 66
Wizzro - 65

I try to keep everyone at the same level, but it's difficult when certain characters are asked for more than others, or certain characters have better stages for leveling up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom