• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Adventure Mode: Tips, Tricks and Help.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Maybe a list of weapons and the best moves to kill hordes, characters, and bosses would be helpful.

Maybe a list of weapons and the best moves to kill hordes, characters, and bosses would be helpful.

In my opinion (assuming weapons of equal power):

Best weapons for killing the hordes
Link's Power Gauntlets
Every other character can do it well but if you need ultra hordes killing speed, the Power Gauntlets huge attack radius wins. You can even focus on named mobs and take out a lot of the hordes at the same time.

Best weapons for killing named enemies (not giant bosses)
Link's Sword
Zelda's Rapier
Ganondorf's blades
Impa - Both weapons are pretty good

Best weapons for killing Giant Bosses
Same as above actually. Giant bosses like most named enemies are all about waiting for the weak point to appear then smashing the weak point gauge down to nothing as fast as you can.

Most of this matters not as most of the harder Adventure Map levels are character restricted. But if are able to swap weapons on a character restricted level because of the weapon glitch (can do it on all levels) I find the best weapon to swap to is the strongest power gauntlets you have. That way you can kill the hordes fast and have time to deal with the named monsters. In those levels getting 1200 KOs within time can be pretty hard with the other character's trash weapons, but using the power gauntlets where the glitch works makes it much easier. Not many of these levels can you use the glitch on but where you can might as well make use of it.

DarkestLink

Well I meant a list of all the weapons and--from there--the best moves to use to do various things. We all have our favorite weapons, but sometimes we need to work with characters/weapons that suck or we're just not good at.

EDIT: Also I've tried that glitch once...for some reason there were almost no enemies on the field or the keeps. Made getting an A impossible. XD

Last edited:
Ganon, no I did not have the other enemy on screen at the time. They were on the opposite end of the arena, and I found the item when I went to leave for the next area.

Not sure about an itemized list of every weapon and attack, but I can start off with the Magic Rod.

Strengths: MOBS MOBS MOBS, Single Enemy.

Weaknesses: Avoiding Cuccous

Attacks:

Strong: creates a small blast of flame that moves forward. Slow and not wholly useful, especially when compared to the rest of the attacks.

attack II: Creates a large pillar of flame, which then splits and spins in two separate pieces, damaging enemies in a wide area. Good for attacking concentrated crowds in front of you.
attack III: The rod turns into a giant battle axe. Keep tapping X to send it spinning in an enormous circle that catches enemies both in front and behind. One of the best Keep Clearers this weapon has. Also great for breaking the guard of stronger enemies like Shield Moblins.
attack IV: Personally my least favorite. Combo into a short-range flamethrower that lasts for a few seconds. Rotatable. Later, stronger combo will create a vortex of fire for a few more seconds after it would normally be over, but so far as I can tell, it doesn't have a longer range.
attack V: Another great "Crowd Pleaser", Link slams the butt of the rod into the ground and a flame dragon rushes out, moving swiftly in a circle and then up. Damages in a wide area centered on Link.

The Gauntlets are a great weapon, however I don't agree that it's good against captains. Especially if you're fighting multiple captains at once this weapon can cause problems because it's hard to cancel attacks and therefore you are ofte hit by enemies.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I've found that the Gauntlets' w-w-s-s-s combo depletes weakpoint gauges ridiculously fast. Maybe what I was fighting was just weak to lightning though, I'm not sure (and don't remember).

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
How the heck are you supposed to unlock the L3 Parasol? Agitha is so zarkin' awful! Get a C rank for damage every time. And no glitch because she only has one weapon.

DarkestLink

How the heck are you supposed to unlock the L3 Parasol? Agitha is so zarkin' awful! Get a C rank for damage every time. And no glitch because she only has one weapon.

Haven't gotten there yet, but I am dreading Agitha and Ruto's Level 3. Have you tried spamming the butterfly? It feels like opponents can't hurt you all that well when you're riding it.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I think in regards to those particular levels when the character sucks you grind someone else up to infinity and beyond then use the training dojo. 20 levels = 1 star rank i think.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I managed to find a quiet corner to hide Agitha in while I destroyed everything with my overpowered Lana in 2P mode lol. It still took three tries though; I think fewer monsters spawn in 2P mode. To put things in perspective, Agitha's my lowest level at 47, Lana's my highest at 89. I have been using the dojo - currently raising rupees to raise the bar to 55.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom