• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adam's Timeline

Hey everyone, just wanted to see what you all thought of my timeline. There are two problems I can find with it, but they can be explained. That'll come after I post my timeline. Anyway, without further ado, here's my timeline.

' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' WW/PH -- ST -- LoZ/AoL
' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' /
TMC -- OoT
' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' \
' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' MM -- TP -- FS/FSA -- ALttP/LA -- OoX

The two problems I see are the following:

First problem
LoZ/AoL aren't on the same timeline as ALttP/LA. I know back in the 90s, Miyamoto said the order was OoT -- LoZ/AoL -- ALTTP with LA being able to be anywhere inbetween there. Now, it's commonly said that LA is a direct sequel to ALTTP, and ALTTP/LA happen before LoZ.

My problem with this is that the towns in AoL are named after the sages from the Adult portion of OoT. Also, LoZ's Ganon doesn't have a trident, while ALTTP's does. I know these are small details, but I decided to go against Miyamoto's words and split them up. The reason I didn't put ALTTP in the adult part of the timeline with LoZ is because of the presence of the Master Sword, and its surroundings. Unless ST has the Master Sword, I doubt any game after WW will have it in the Adult Timeline. Also, there's the obvious connections between ALTTP's Master Sword location and TP's Master Sword location.

Second Problem
In the end of FSA, Ganon is sealed in the Four Sword, but at the beginning of ALTTP, he's in the Sacred Realm. For my timeline to work, there would need to be a game inbetween FSA and ALTTP to explain how Ganon got out of his seal in the Four Sword, and got sealed in the Sacred Realm.

Edit:
Just noticed another problem. Ganondorf is dead at the end of Wind Waker, but Ganon's back in LoZ with no explanation. Maybe the Gerudo had another Ganondorf sometime after ST? Or maybe ST will have a new Ganondorf? If the Gerudo managed to survive the flood that is.

Of course, ST could completely ruin my timeline, and so could Zelda Wii. I'm not putting Zelda Wii on my timeline because we know nothing about it. Also, any other future Zelda could completely ruin my timeline, but I think that's all common knowledge.

Opinions? I'm interested to see what you all think of my timeline!

Megamannt125

Blue Link
About the town names, well you have to consider, that when they made Ocarina of Time the split timeline didn't exist, so it made sense, you can blame Aonuma for confusing everything up when he made Wind Waker. I really think, when people make timelines, they should consider what things were like BEFORE Aonuma and AFTER Aonuma.

V

Viral

^ But Aonuma mentioned in an interview (I don't have a source on me at the moment... someone else can probably provide one) that the town names had relevance and that LoZ/AoL go on the adult portion of the split timeline.

^ But Aonuma mentioned in an interview (I don't have a source on me at the moment... someone else can probably provide one) that the town names had relevance and that LoZ/AoL go on the adult portion of the split timeline.

Viral is correct. It was Aonuma himself that pointed out the obviousness that was the names of the towns in AoL and their relation to the Sages from OoT, even stating that it was to show that the towns were named after those Sages.

Now, as far as your timeline goes, I think its pretty solid. I don't personally agree with it, as mine is a bit different and doesn't have any games coming after ST on the AT. However, yours is a theory, or variation of a theory, I have seen often, and it can be made to work (not flawlessly, of course).

There will always be flaws, such as "Has Hyrule always been the same Hyrule?". This question could make or break your theory and others like it. For instance, and it may be considered a small thing to some theorists, but to me, it is a good piece of evidence, and that is the reoccurance of Spectacle Rock. This location was present in the very first Legend of Zelda. In the Wind Waker, an island was named after it (Spectacle Island) that was obviously meant to show that the mountaintops of Death Mountain had became islands, and this one in particular was the tips of Spectacle Rock. This, among other things, leads me to believe that the Hyrule present in all games thus far has been the same Hyrule.

With no flood on the CT, Spectacle Rock would have been left unchanged. Since it was flooded on the AT, all the other games that I put on the CT would then be in the now submerged Hyrule with their mountaintops as islands on the Great Sea.

As you said, ST could come in and have this new land named Hyrule, which would open the door a lot wider to some of the older games possibly being placed on the AT. Though I have reasons to counteract these arguments if they do arise, I still will have to do a lot of extra thinking into what a new Hyrule could mean, and how older games could fit up there on the AT. With ST little more than a month away, I'm inclined to just wait it out and see if there are any major changes until I begin arguing my timeline as much as I used to.

V

Viral

Second Problem
In the end of FSA, Ganon is sealed in the Four Sword, but at the beginning of ALTTP, he's in the Sacred Realm. For my timeline to work, there would need to be a game inbetween FSA and ALTTP to explain how Ganon got out of his seal in the Four Sword, and got sealed in the Sacred Realm.

Although it is up for debate as to whether it can be considered canon, in the re-release of LttP on the GBA (that came with FS), there is an extra dungeon called the Palace of the Four Sword in the Dark World. At the end of the dungeon, the Four Sword is found, but it is broken.

This can be interpreted as Ganon having broken the seal of the Four Sword. As for its location, it is possible that the 7 maidens who sealed Ganon in the FS then placed the FS in the Dark World.

Again, the validity of the Palace of the Four Sword and the above theory is questionable, as the palace can be seen as just an "extra dungeon" that features the Four Sword to promote the FS games, but it does fill the gap between FSA and LttP.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Viral said:
Again, the validity of the Palace of the Four Sword and the above theory is questionable, as the palace can be seen as just an "extra dungeon" that features the Four Sword to promote the FS games, but it does fill the gap between FSA and LttP.

Don't forget the idea that the MGW is the SR/DW.

@the Op: How do you acount for the similar geography between FSA and LoZ?

Second Problem

Wouldn't that automatically make you believe that your timeline doesn't work? What if there is no game that links the two problems? It's highly likely they will never make one like that, as, it seems like the Four Swords series is dead from what I've seen. Who knows, they could have a DS or Wii version, but I don't see it coming soon.

Seriously, if I was you, I'd assume automatically that wouldn't happen and reconsider the entire thing. LTTP was made to further explain the backstory of LOZ/AOL, so it should go before then, although, the new games could change that, I'm not really into Timelines that much, but I do know that, so don't make a big deal about that.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Second Problem

This is not a problem. Either:

1. The place the FS was put at the end of FSA was the SR.
2. Ganondorf broke out of the seal and "rediscovered" the SR as ALttP says.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I agree with Pinecove. There doesn't need to be a game in between FSA and ALTTP for it to work. It just takes some imagination. The palace of the Four Sword gives us a clear indication that the Four Sword somehow broke (while in the SR) and Ganon then "rediscovered" the SR (as Pinecove said) meaning that he was already in there and at some point realized he was in there so he started doing what he does best, running amuck.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
This is exactly the same as my timeline, minus some formatting:

................./PH -- ST
(AT) -- WW -- LoZ/AoL

My split at WW is due to location, not time. It just shows that the events of ST could occur at the same time as LoZ/AoL, just in different locations. But if you really don't like adding extra splits, it could be rewritten to match yours without really changing its meaning.

I'm making several assumptions about the story between WW and LoZ:
-Ganon somehow survived Ganondorf's death
-A combination of receding water and the GDT's attempt to spread the land transformed the geography into one large landmass
-Either AoL's BS happened before the flood (or before OoT), or the Triforce created a new Hyrule after completing Daphnes' wish
-The ToX was left in the hands of the new king, who hid the ToC
to name a few.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
-Ganon somehow survived Ganondorf's death

He usually does. Also, until I see this quote confirming Ganondorf's death in WW, I still believe he could come back.

-A combination of receding water and the GDT's attempt to spread the land transformed the geography into one large landmass

They could have easily just found a large landmass. The map for AoL shows a lot of water. Of course, I don't believe LoZ/AoL is on the AT

-Either AoL's BS happened before the flood (or before OoT), or the Triforce created a new Hyrule after completing Daphnes' wish

In the BS for AoL, Zelda is merely put to sleep. She's not turned immortal. At the end of AoL, Link finds the sleeping Zelda. There is no way that this one Zelda has been around, sleeping in some random chamber for however much time there is between OoT-AoL or WW-AoL. I think it's obvious that the BS for AoL has to take place shortly before the actual events of AoL, otherwise it wouldn't make sense (not that it does anyway when compared to other games).

Although it is up for debate as to whether it can be considered canon, in the re-release of LttP on the GBA (that came with FS), there is an extra dungeon called the Palace of the Four Sword in the Dark World. At the end of the dungeon, the Four Sword is found, but it is broken.

This can be interpreted as Ganon having broken the seal of the Four Sword. As for its location, it is possible that the 7 maidens who sealed Ganon in the FS then placed the FS in the Dark World.

This looks like exactly the right answer. All indications show that Nintendo has given timeline considerations much more weight in the post OoT era. revisions like the temple of the foursword and the fact the Ganon gets the triforce in FS appear to be obvious revisions to make things work. A similar revision takes place in AoL when Barba is renamed Volvagia presumably to strenghthen the ties between AoL and OoT. The dual ending of OoX where Link sails away on a boat looks like an attempt to connect OoX with LA. So the only thing I see wrong with your timeline is that I would switch LA and OoX. This still allows that the same Link from ALttP is in LA, but it explains this ending. It also provides a nice symmetry because OoX is the game where minions try to revive a truly DEAD Ganon after he is destroyed by the silver arrows in ALttP. The same thing happens in AoL after LoZ.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
^ I put LoZ/AoL just before OoX on my timeline. The rest of it pretty much looks like this. The way I see it is, in LoZ Ganon is killed. in AoL they try to bring him back but fail. In OoX they try to bring him back and succeed (kind of) but then Ganon is quickly defeated. I figure, based on where I put LoZ/AoL and OoX there is the least amount of confusion on how Ganon always returns from the dead unexplained. This leaves one gap of his unexplained ressurection.

^ I put LoZ/AoL just before OoX on my timeline. The rest of it pretty much looks like this. The way I see it is, in LoZ Ganon is killed. in AoL they try to bring him back but fail. In OoX they try to bring him back and succeed (kind of) but then Ganon is quickly defeated. I figure, based on where I put LoZ/AoL and OoX there is the least amount of confusion on how Ganon always returns from the dead unexplained. This leaves one gap of his unexplained ressurection.

This same issue seems to have come up between us in the thread "Tye's timeline" Since I just wrote at length about my views on that thread, I won't get to deep into it here, but the long and short of it is that I do not see your motivation for placing LoZ/AoL where you do. I think that Ganon's whereabouts are much better explained if we put LoZ/AoL where Adam does. (For reasons why, see Tye's timeline thread)

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
ALTTP was clearly meant to be connected to LoZ/AoL. Whether it's a sequel or prequel is still highly debated, but the games are connected and should be on the same timeline. I put ALTTP on the CT so that means I would have to put LoZ/AoL on the CT. One of the reasons I put ALTTP on the CT is the continuity of the Master Sword.

In OoT The Master Sword is in the pedestal in the Temple of Time.
In TP The Master Sword is in the pedestal in the ruins of the Temple of Time and the Lost Woods are apparently growing around the ruins.
In ALTTP The Master Sword is in the pedestal in the Lost Woods.

It looks like this progression was purposely made so that shows to me that ALTTP is on the same timeline as TP, thus putting LoZ/AoL on the same timeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom