• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Across the sea

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I was flipping through my copy of "Creating a Champion" earlier looking for information on a theory of mine when I noticed something interesting. I love the page about Akkala Citadel, the information is very interesting. But when I was reading it I noticed this-
Akkala Citadel's primary function was to repel invaders from across the sea and keep them from marching on Central Hyrule. The batteries were set up to annihilate an enemy coming from the sea, with battery 3 being the first point of attack and batteries 1 and 2 cleaning up the forces that made it through.
Hyrule must be seriously concerned with the prospect of people coming from lands to warrant something like this. Creating Akkala Citadel and keeping it manned would have been a massive undertaking at a point of relatively little tactical significance. I wonder how certain the Hylian King who set that up must have been of people living across the ocean, and if we'll encounter them in future titles.

I don't know if I have much to add to the prospects of lands 'across the sea' playing into a future title, but as far as Akkala goes being on the coast goes, I'd like to mention that the Ancient Tech lab was a renovated lighthouse. So it does seem somewhat probable that at some point, the coasts of Akkala may have seen a lot of sea traffic, although the lighthouse would probably indicate that not all of the vessels that arrived in Hyrule were unwelcome or invaders.

I'd be curious for sure, especially if they do want to attempt to expand the world and its boundaries. Neighboring kingdoms would definitely fill in the open world vibe very nicely. Although, there may be some unanswered questions about why the Calamity only affected or targetted Hyrule.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Although, there may be some unanswered questions about why the Calamity only affected or targetted Hyrule.
#1: It might not have. There may have been effects in other places, just maybe not as strong.

#2: I've got something I've been meaning to write to reply to another thread about neighboring kingdoms in various fantasy stories, but it's kinda evolving to blog length.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom