• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ace Attorney

Jedizora

:right:
I was wondering if anyone here has ever played this excellent series of games. Although new to the series, I have beaten every games besides AA investigations 2(Because it was released only in Japan) JFA(I'm on the last case), and T&T(I haven't beaten JFA, so I'm waiting to finish that first). I thought it would be a great time to make this thread, as Ace Attorney 5 was announced yesterday at the tenth anniversary event.
Anyway, My favorite game that I've played in the series is the first one, as the best humor and characters were in that one, like Manfred Von Karma, and Edgeworth got the most amount of screen time in that one(Besides investigations, obviously) . Also, Gant was one of my favorite
villains
in the series.
My Favorite Case, however, was the 4 one in Investigations, as it was cool seeing Manfred again, and seeing Miles and Franziska at a earlier age. Also, badd was a awesome characters, and I liked the murderer in that one also.

Also, as I was writing this, they announced that the movie will be getting a international release. Now, all I have to wait for is AAI2. And that was much longer then I intended it to be.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I've only played Ace Attorney on the DS myself but I borrowed my bro-in-laws' copy of that Miles Edgeworth game and I love the series.

Thanks I really hope they go through with the international release more importantly I hope it hits America.

I would like for someone to explain the appeal of this series to me. It just seems like a bunch of simple and primitive investigation quests. What depth is to be found in the Ace Attorney games? What value? As someone who has never played the series I would simply like to know. I know I've been proven wrong with other franchises I've had my doubts in.

Jedizora

:right:
I would like for someone to explain the appeal of this series to me. It just seems like a bunch of simple and primitive investigation quests. What depth is to be found in the Ace Attorney games? What value? As someone who has never played the series I would simply like to know. I know I've been proven wrong with other franchises I've had my doubts in.

It does have a great amount of Depth. Sure it may not have action, but that doesn't make it a bad game. Also, in addition to Investigation, around half of the game is court room sections, although I have found that most of them have a fairly steep learning curve after the first case. Unless your playing Apollo Justice, in which case you are more likely going to get a guilty verdict on the first case rather then the second case. So they are good, challenging games that may or may not hurt your head; however, they are not broken. Some of the solutions, once you find them out, are fairly obvious, yet out of the way. They also have a good amount of Humor. A great story but then again the game is sort of focused on story, after all. I hope that explained what I was talking about, if it didn't, sorry. You should still give it a try, though. Also, Much longer then I thought it mean it to be.

It's basically an interactive visual novel. You do a lot more reading than actual playing, which isn't exactly a bad thing since the interactivity with the story is what blends the styles together so perfectly and makes the series a personal favorite of mine.

P

PokeOakly96

Sorry to post on an old-ish thread, but I have played the first two AA games last year and they were fantastic. I'm trying to move along and beat them all, but the way the story is drug-out through the actual investigations gives me not much incentive to push forward, I'm very lazy in completing a Phoenix Wright game. The parts I love the most is the actual court room battles when they reach the climax, but I'm always so afraid of choosing a wrong answer, since I'm not good at pointing out the flaws in statements. The investigations part usually bores me to death, although I love the humor.

I'm currently on the case in the third game with the museum and the masked guy and the annoying guy with the Princess Leia hair. This case's story bores me, so it'll take me a while to drudge through it.

Overall I like the series, not my favorite, but I just hope they get better by the time I play Apollo Justice and Investigations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom