• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler About the Stools That Are Found Everywhere..

I was screwing off in Skyloft about 1/4 through the game when I sat down long enough for it to heal me. I got a laugh out of it, to say the least.
Now that my man is playing it, I let him know right off the bat. Now whenever I see one I scream, "STOOL!!!!" and he runs to sit on it xD

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Upon first glancing at one of the stools in the Knight Academy's kitchen, I recalled seeing the video of Link sitting on the toilet and figured that taking a seat on any appropriate furniture would restore all damaged hearts. Even sleeping in practically any bed replenishes all your energy. Though the formula is still the same, the gaming structure is much different with all the innovations.

I, too, discovered this tidbit at the Bazaar when my nephew shouted "Hey, Link's pooping out hearts!" lol Since that moment, I've taken advantage of the stools wherever they could be found, especially when no hearts were in the immediate vicinity. It also helps save heart potions. [noparse]:D[/noparse]

xD That's great! But I think sitting means he's resting, and he regains hearts through that. The exception is the toilet in the restroom.

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
I thought they were just design elements for a while and didn't realize you could use them to restore hearts until I tried out the one sitting next to the generator in Lanayru Desert. I love how Link starts falling asleep, swaying from side to side if you keep him sitting for extended periods. (Reminds me of myself when I'm falling asleep in class.) You need to rely on stools a lot more in Hero Mode, though, so I quickly learned where they all were and paid more attention to them during my second run.

Anyone else notice the strange little "..." textbox that appears when you sit on the stool in the Sealed Grounds?

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I read a thread here in which someone was complaining that recovering hearts from sitting took too long (and other stuff that clearly shows that he's a noob). Later I watched a review of the game on Youtube. There was a brief clip of Link sitting that showed that recovery happened too fast to complain about.

I've only use the stools a few times because I find plenty of recovery hearts while exploring every nook and cranny of the game.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I once went to the Lumpy Pumpkin and sat on one of the stools surrounding that giant table. After sitting there for about a minute or so, Link started to fall asleep, leaned to the right, then to the left and snapped awake. That was funny. Stools are neat because they help give you hearts. Especially during Hero Mode.

I figured it out quick but it was by accident. Very early in the game I started sitting on stools around the academy to see if I could read things that were sitting atop of people's desks and then saw my heart guage fill.

Feral

The Drifter
It' s the ghost hands fault for occupying the only toilet in SS.....

Oh... and everytime Link picks up a Eldin roller......ewwwwwwwww.

Last edited:

Zelda_1224

Hyrule Knight
I learnded when in the mines and then saw the stool so thought that it might be funny to see link sit in the middle of the game and then HEARTS!

Cyg

One-Winged Skyward Angel
I found out about it fairly early on because I interacted with everything. The first one is probably the stool in front of the sealed temple...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom