• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

About posts being removed

Can we please be informed when they are, just so we know. In relation to our own ones being removed.
Thank you.

Note well: I am talking in general, NOT about any specific incident.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I had one of my posts removed because they thought I was drunk when it was posted when it was actually just posted from my phone so there were a few auto corrects. Would be nice to have the chance to defend a post before it gets removed also.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I seem to remember a similar case a while ago and there was an agreement that no posts would be deleted without user notification and an explanation. Maybe I remember it wrong or the rules were changed, but I definitely remember something being said about that. Either way, I do believe every user should possess the right to be informed when their posts are deleted and why, even if the reason may be obvious.

EDIT: I just noticed this part

Note well: I am talking in general, NOT about any specific incident.
How do you know posts are being deleted without explanation if you're not talking about a specific incident? You must have a specific case in mind or else there would be no need to create this thread in the first place?

Last edited:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Users are always notified when their posts are removed, that's our policy, which we've been doing for quite a while. As Tristan said, without any specific case, and with this being the norm already, I'm not sure why this thread was created?

If you have a problem with the post being removed message a moderator after it happens and we will move it back if deemed appropriate after discussing with multiple staff.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There were a few times my post was removed and I wasn't notified by the mod.

If you notice this happening please message me. I'll bring it up now in the staff chat to make sure we are all on the same page. The notification should appear in the same place you get notified when you receive a like on a post, just to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom