• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art A Zelda Project-Let's Act *HELP WANTED*

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I have been thinking of working on a project that I've never really seen much done of. It is what I call a "Let's Act". It is like a Let's Play but instead of simply playing the game there is acting involved for the characters. You still wander around and do puzzles and fight the monsters but this time there is voice acting.

I've only seen one other Let's Act done before on Youtube and it was based around Lucasarts "Day of the Tentacle." However, that was an adventure game with a set script in it. I want to try something harder though, I want to try a Zelda game, namely OOT.

The problem is though that I have not gained enough skills, so to speak, with video devices and my skills in OOT have somewhat withered in a sense of that I get lost in dungeons.

So I need a team to help me pull this off. Not just a team of editors though, I'm gonna need some voice actors as well. I will list what I need if anyone is interested.

Roles taken by me-
Adult Link, Ganondorf, Great Deku Tree, Little Deku

Roles needed-

Impa/ Nabooru- An older woman voice (though you don't have to be old)

Young and Old Ruto- Girl of course, but make Ruto deeper.

--

If you want to get the roles then send me a sample of voicing them at my PM box, also try to act as well as you can.

As for editing and OOT players, tell me what you can do here in the thread.

Important Notice: Send me samples for voices.

The Team:

Voice Director/ Writer: Me

The Player: Petman

Video Editer and Navi the Fairy: Knowlee
Back up: Zenox

Saria: TreeHuggerPanda
Mido: PJDEP
Young/Adult Zelda: Xinnamin
Young Link: Jebus_thecatman
Sheik: K4KING
Darunia and every other goron: Durion

We may also be in need of substitute actors if possible. 3 should be fine.

Last edited:

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
well, I bez you dude. I have and EXTENSIVE memory of fighing bosses and their stratigies. Also, not to brag or anything, but the voice acting alliance is like all over me. but alas, I have no qualifactaions for video making and recording. but I am totally with you for the stratigies and voices.

I can try voice acting for you, I'm not sure who I'd voice act as, but I am told that I have a deepish voice, or a low one anyway, would that help in anyway? I somewhat know my way around several of the temples to.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
well, I bez you dude. I have and EXTENSIVE memory of fighing bosses and their stratigies. Also, not to brag or anything, but the voice acting alliance is like all over me. but alas, I have no qualifactaions for video making and recording. but I am totally with you for the stratigies and voices.

I can try voice acting for you, I'm not sure who I'd voice act as, but I am told that I have a deepish voice, or a low one anyway, would that help in anyway? I somewhat know my way around several of the temples to.

Sure fellas, you can help but if you looked up there at the rules, you're gonna have to send me samples of your voices and your acting skills. As for you Metapwn, do you have a good camera or something that'll get the image crisp and clean?

I'll take the voices of Saria and Zelda (young) thank you very much! (I have a high pitched voice)

Now what exactly did I sign up for again?

A let's play but with real acting in it.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I can try I think, maybe older Zelda or something, I'm not sure what my voice would suit. I'll send a voice sample sometime later and you can see if it would work for anyone.

Scythe-of-Chaos

Sure fellas, you can help but if you looked up there at the rules, you're gonna have to send me samples of your voices and your acting skills. As for you Metapwn, do you have a good camera or something that'll get the image crisp and clean?

mabey not crisp and clean, but the voice quality is good. but in order to get the use of the only camera that is in my grasp I would have to consult my drummer. thats right... I've got a band going just so I can go to open mike nights at bars for cash prizes. I'm dead serious about that

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
mabey not crisp and clean, but the voice quality is good. but in order to get the use of the only camera that is in my grasp I would have to consult my drummer. thats right... I've got a band going just so I can go to open mike nights at bars for cash prizes. I'm dead serious about that

Well let me see your youtube account to see how well your camera is. Anyways, it does not matter how good your singing is to me (at the moment), your acting and voice are what I need.

Scythe-of-Chaos

Well let me see your youtube account to see how well your camera is. Anyways, it does not matter how good your singing is to me (at the moment), your acting and voice are what I need.
oh, i dont have an account or a singer for my band. its mainly just instraments. BUT i might be able to use my drummers youtube account. because I do not want to reveil my face on youtube. because I have this animation equipment, that I am still working all the flaws out of, and once my series gets up and running I dont want my face to be known because THIS will happen - 'oh, can I be in your show?" "no." "why not? is it because I'm not hot enough for you? thats it, were threw!" "what?!?!" "hey dont you go to my school? can I be in your show?!?!" "OH MY GOD, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!" and that's what will happen

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Oooooh it's times like these that I especially despise my voice. I'd love to help- this sounds awesome- but I'm all squeaky and annoying. Maybe a Navi VA if you decide you want one....

Anyway, I'd love to help out somehow... let me know if there's anything I can do. :>

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Oooooh it's times like these that I especially despise my voice. I'd love to help- this sounds awesome- but I'm all squeaky and annoying. Maybe a Navi VA if you decide you want one....

Anyway, I'd love to help out somehow... let me know if there's anything I can do. :>

Send me your voice and we'll see. I have a spot open for Navi and perhaps you can get the part.

This sounds interesting. I'm pretty good at OoT, so I'd be capable of playing it, but at the same time I have no such equipment so that's not an option.

Instead I wouldn't mind voice-acting. None of those open major characters really interest me, so perhaps I could give some of the secondary characters a shot? *CoughHappyMaskSalesmanCough*

I'll give it a shot at least. ^^

(And what happened to that CDi remake thing you were interested in me voiceacting?)

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
This sounds interesting. I'm pretty good at OoT, so I'd be capable of playing it, but at the same time I have no such equipment so that's not an option.

Instead I wouldn't mind voice-acting. None of those open major characters really interest me, so perhaps I could give some of the secondary characters a shot? *CoughHappyMaskSalesmanCough*

I'll give it a shot at least. ^^

(And what happened to that CDi remake thing you were interested in me voiceacting?)

That CDI remake is dead until I learn how to code.

Also I should warn you that the Happy Mask Salesman may or may not appear depending on how scripting goes.

Update: The role of Saria has been filled up everyone. TreeHuggerPanda got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom