• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Zelda Era is Over?

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
I very much disagree with this. There is no way that making too many Zelda games will kill the franchise. Look how long it's lasted. Mario has lasted FOREVER and they have games that are COMPLETELY different from the others, such as the paper Mario series and the original Mario RPG. There are very few Mario games that are similar to each other except for the old school ones. Other than that, Mario has so many varying games. There is Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine which had the same basic gameplay but with a completely new element to it (F.L.O.O.D.) and then Mario Galaxy took it a step further. The games are all very different but very successful. Why can't this be the same for Zelda? People were EXTREMELY skeptical when WW came out because of the graphics, but WW is highly praised by many people, as is PH. The same thing is happening right now. There is a train introduced and some people are questioning where the franchise is going, and the last time the franchise was questioned (WW), people shut their mouths and realized that Nintendo knew what they were doing. I think it will be the same with ST and, IMHO, as long as Nintendo is around, LoZ will be around. The only way LoZ will end is if Nintendo is going bankrupt and/or being bought out so they want to give it a finishing game.

I never said I was upset by the train, I said certain people were upset. If I did say that I was upset, let me correct myself here:

I am not upset by the train sequence in Zelda: ST. I think it would be a very cool and fresh experience to add to the Zelda franchise.

Now that we are done with that, now it's time to address the other problem at hand: Link lasting forever. Yes, Mario has lasted a long time, but Mario is a little (not a lot) more flexible than Lnik. I am glad to see that nintendo is making Zelda just as flexible as Mario by adding new aspects.

Link cannot go on forever. I know all of us would love that to happen, but I'm afraid it can't. It just can't. They have to draw the line somewhere, they have to make a definite ending. End it on the highest note possibe.

But none of us want Link to go. I don't want Link to go. But the more Nintendo tries, the more peolpe have an idea to whine and complain about something new, like the train. It is dissapointing, but the more games there are, the higher the expectations are.

In all, Zelda will live long, but not forever. I doubt Mario will live forever either. All we can do is sit back in our rocking chairs and tell our children about how good the games we played were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom