• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Zelda Crossover Spanding Time and Space....

D

DWraySweZ

Recently there was talk of a Metroid/ Star Fox cross over that while both had a space element to them that was about the only similarity they shared with each other. Star Fox was never really a game that was deep into exploration which got me thinking that the perfect crossover would be a Legend of Zelda/ Metroid crossover. It would be a perfect fit. There would be time travel and of course all of our favorite characters from each series. Think how Mother Brain and Demise(Gannon) would be involved in a plot to take over the Universe. And a reveal that Samus Aran is actually a descendant of Zelda and or Link... The game would be so sweet, A mix of high Fantasy andd Epic Sci-Fi... The Master Sword and the Plasma Beam- the Ocarina and the Visor...

Humm.. a recarnated Link Discovers the old Ocarina of time, Opens the door of time and tries to play the song of time but somthing bad happens ( played a wrong note) that landed him in Another Alternative universe were hyrule in the Far far future is over run by Metroid and meets Samus...Ill play that

When I first read this I thought you were completely out of your mind but on further examination I believe this could actually work rather well as long as the game isn't considered canon on either series timeline. In other words a spin-off would work well.

This actually reminds me of a special Disney featured a few years ago where Aladdin and Hercules switched roles. It was a humorous take on both franchises and worked surprisingly well. We've already seen the supreme Nintendo crossover in the form of Super Smash Bros. and now it's time to undergo a translation from the macro to micro world and maintain a shared Action-Adventure genre with fantasy elements.

It certainly a better idea than the Starfox/Metroid crossover. When i heard about that crossover i got very nervous, space really is the only thing that they have in common, i've only really enjoyed what is considered the worst game in the Starfox series which was Starfox Adventures whereas Metroid has only let me down once in nine games.

I lot of people who are fans of Metroid are also Zelda fans and vice versa because the settings and scenarios are so different that they serves as a good contrast in personal tastes and allow us to exist in both. Seeing these two togther would be really nice. Zelda as a whole seems to be very close to the sci-fi genre as it is with some designs almost screaming future-space liek the Tron-like light design in the Twilight Palace from Twilight Princess and the Door of Time in Skyward Sword. the characters of Smaus and Link compliment and contrast each other really well and i do make the two do battle on smash bros all the time as a fan-girl-style proving or which era is better.

Like ALIT i'd like it if it wasn't canon to either (imagine Samus showing up on the Zelda timeline) But I'd be all for this.

Now, let me see the gameplay propositions =]

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
It might be interesting. I think it could have great spinoff potential as Spirit mentioned above, but it certainly would not be canon. The timeline's twisted and deformed enough as is.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ganon not Gannon. Thou hast been Gannon-Banned. ;P

This I think could work out well. I know both series have a great deal of exploration, but I'm not so sure how Samus as a character should be handled. Yes I do believe it should be non-canon, but not because the Zelda timeline is particularly messed up. Crossover games just don't really have canon elements in the first place, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom