• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Young Termina?

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Assuming that many of the individuals from Termina are in fact doubles of their Hyrulean OoT counterparts, a few questions come up:

Why are there two doubles of Malon? And why do other characters from now and seven years from now seem to exist simultaneously?

There is only one answer I can come up with. There must be some sort of correlation between the people of Termina and Link. The seven year time differential reflected in Romani and Cremia is only significant to Link. So, why does Termina appear almost custom made for a kid who just happened to travel seven years into the future?

The easiest answer to the question is: "This is a video game in which Link is the main character, and it's alright for some things to make no sense." However, that's no fun, and I present the following possible explanation:

Termina was created when the Timeline Split was. Something to do with the nature of Ocarina time travel caused individuals from "now" and seven years ago to coalesce within one world.

This, in my current speculation, would also mean that Terminian time flows much faster than Hyrulean time. The exact rate cannot be known, but it would have to be something to the effect of "1 Hyrulean year = 2000 Terminian years" to account for the rapid development (if Termina was created less than a year ago at the end of OoT).

A recent creation of Termina would explain Skull Kid's seemingly central role in Terminian history. How can a child that simply got lost in the forest be as ancient as a parallel world of Hyrule? Using this thread's logic, he might have been banished from Termina a few days before Link headed into the forest.

Since whatever caused the initial coalescence drew its influence from both timelines, it seems probable that Termina - the same Termina - would be accessible from both timelines.

Well, it's just a thought I had. Opinions?

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Wow I never thought of that. Now I'm curious, I'm gonna compare the length of 1 day in Termina to 1 day in Hyrule. Some time tomarrow I'll get back on that.

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Wow I never thought of that. Now I'm curious, I'm gonna compare the length of 1 day in Termina to 1 day in Hyrule. Some time tomarrow I'll get back on that.
In terms of game time, OoT's time is much faster. The differential would theoretically only be noticeable to someone who traveled back and forth on a regular basis.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Funny, I was just thinking about this concept. While reading Evil Genius' theory, I began to consider whether the Giants came from Hyrule originally and created Termina and traveled there with Skull Kid not too long ago. It was said that Skull Kid was banished back to the heavens, and we found him in Hyrule during OoT, so from Termina's perspective, the heavens - or residence of the gods - could be Hyrule. Of course, now that I'm writing this I've forgotten why I thought this wouldn't have been a long time ago.

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Funny, I was just thinking about this concept. While reading Evil Genius' theory, I began to consider whether the Giants came from Hyrule originally and created Termina and traveled there with Skull Kid not too long ago. It was said that Skull Kid was banished back to the heavens, and we found him in Hyrule during OoT, so from Termina's perspective, the heavens - or residence of the gods - could be Hyrule. Of course, now that I'm writing this I've forgotten why I thought this wouldn't have been a long time ago.

Yeah, regardless of whether my corresponding timeline split idea is right or wrong, there are definitely some quirks in that Four Giants story. This line of thought was forged under the assumption that the Four Giants were only worshiped after the banishment of Skull Kid.

And the people rejoiced and they worshiped the giants of the four worlds like gods.
No, wait. I initially posted that the giants destroyed this idea, but you're totally possibly onto something there. The Giants could come over with Skull Kid, eliminating the need for Hyrulean doubles. However, they would still need to exist during the course of OoT. Arg!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom