• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Very Good Looking 3DS Game You Probably Don't Know.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I'd be surprised if nobody's heard about this, as it's been around the net for months. But it's been known that developer Tri-Ace (yes, the same guys who made Valkyrie Profile) is making an RPG for 3DS. It's called "Beyond the Labyrinth". I was very surprised at the images, and I can only say that it looks mighty impressive:

beyond_the_labyrinth_primeras_imagenes_28_abril_pant04.jpg

beyond_the_labyrinth_primeras_imagenes_28_abril_pant07.jpg

beyond-the-labyrinth-01.jpg

So, honestly, this game hasn't been talked about in months. It was around 60% at the time these images were first shown. I have to say it speaks a lot about how powerful the 3DS is and those enviroments look very huge, there could be a lot to explore there. And the artstyle is very reminiscent of ICO, which is never a bad thing. Konami is the one publishing it.

So, here's the point: Do you think it will turn into a Last Story/Xenoblade/Pandora's Tower kind of situation? (which means the game could stay a Japan exclusive) Would you buy it? Do you think the game looks good? Do you think that girl is irresistibly pretty? (what a creep if you do XD)

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
With the exception of Street Fighter 4 and Ocarina of Time, the 3DS games lineup is reeeeeeally weak. Right now, it needs every enjoyable game it can get. Not releasing a beautiful game like Beyond the Labyrinth outside of Japan is a luxury that Nintendo cannot afford right now.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I agree with Michael.
Hehehe... According to SinkingBadges' post, I'm a creep. I can't help it. I'm sorry. SHE REMINDS ME OF NAMINE ARE YOU HAPPY?!

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
That looks awesome! I need more 3DS games; I only have Nintendogs + Cats and Ocarina of Time 3D. The launch library SUCKED! This game looks fantastic; I'll have to get it!

Fierce

Deity Link
With the exception of Street Fighter 4 and Ocarina of Time, the 3DS games lineup is reeeeeeally weak. Right now, it needs every enjoyable game it can get. Not releasing a beautiful game like Beyond the Labyrinth outside of Japan is a luxury that Nintendo cannot afford right now.

Good 3DS games you haven't played yet:

Dream Trigger 3D
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
Nintendogs+ Catz (Very fun if you liked the original)
Ridge Racer 3D
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (Spot pass content updates WEEKLY!)
Dead or Alive: Dimensions
Blaz Blue 3D
Cubic Ninja 3D

^ All of these games are very fun and out now.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man

Dream Trigger 3D
Ridge Racer 3D
Blaz Blue 3D
Cubic Ninja 3D

^ All of these games are very fun and out now.

Well, some of those games had mixed reviews and are quite divisive. But you're right, Heide DID go a little too far.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man

Dream Trigger 3D
Hasn't been released yet in Europe.
Heard good things about it, but haven't played it. But okay, let's count that as the third great game for the 3DS.
And if you don't like the original? Look, if you have fun with the game, more power to you. But it's not exactly a game for gamers. It's basically the definition of "casual".
Ridge Racer 3D
That would be #4.
I've played several of those million-enemy-brawl games, and I have yet to see the appeal of those.
Solid game from what I've seen so far, but it fills no niche that Street Fighter hasn't had already covered.
Blaz Blue 3D
No PAL-release yet.
Cubic Ninja 3D
This will be released tomorrow over here.

Alright, I'll admit that the lineup is slightly better, but for a hardware that's been available for three months, there should be more.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
I thought the topic was
So, here's the point: Do you think it will turn into a Last Story/Xenoblade/Pandora's Tower kind of situation? (which means the game could stay a Japan exclusive) [...]
Any thoughts?
The lack of must-have games for the 3DS is a huge factor here. I think that Beyond The Labyrinth would not only be a great addition to the 3DS library, but a necessary one as well. Nintendo needs a lot more impressive games to keep 3DS owners happy, and to get non-owners to buy one. And with BTL's amazing graphics, it is perfectly suited for that task.

Fierce

Deity Link
Hasn't been released yet in Europe.

Heard good things about it, but haven't played it. But okay, let's count that as the third great game for the 3DS.

And if you don't like the original? Look, if you have fun with the game, more power to you. But it's not exactly a game for gamers. It's basically the definition of "casual".

That would be #4.

I've played several of those million-enemy-brawl games, and I have yet to see the appeal of those.

Solid game from what I've seen so far, but it fills no niche that Street Fighter hasn't had already covered.

No PAL-release yet.

This will be released tomorrow over here.

Alright, I'll admit that the lineup is slightly better, but for a hardware that's been available for three months, there should be more.

Patience my friend. Those who are picky about software should never buy at launch for any system. You'll practically always be limited by one or two good games. Seriously though, many of the 3DS games I listed are vastly underrated, especially Samurai Warrior. Why not try renting it? It's very fun in my opinion at least. Even Steel Diver is worth a rent. Now that there's a 3DS shop you should have plenty of titles to download. (I recommend Link's Awakening and Donkey Kong!) :)

On topic, I doubt we'll see this game for quite some time sadly-- seeing as how we so no showing at E3. Sometimes these titles look good as they maximize the 3DS's capability but soon run into issues when they realize the small memory capacity of the cartridges. (This was the issue with MGS3 and why the cart got expanded and the graphics look far worse from the naked sample shown at last e3, same with revelations. When hardware is still new, it takes developers quite sometime to craft quality software for it. Luckily, now they can now look to OOT 3D as an example of how to do it right.

Austin

Austin
Do you think that girl is irresistibly pretty? (what a creep if you do XD)
Yes, and that'll probably be that main reason for me to buy this game if it ever is released in the US. More to the point, however, I agree with Michael Heide; the 3DS has an extremely weak line-up from what I've seen so far and to avoid localizing a game like this would be a large mistake. After purchasing my 3DS (knowing that I would inevitably have to purchase Ocarina again) I browsed 3DS games being sold online and could not find a single one that I could see myself playing.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Sometimes these titles look good as they maximize the 3DS's capability but soon run into issues when they realize the small memory capacity of the cartridges. (This was the issue with MGS3 and why the cart got expanded and the graphics look far worse from the naked sample shown at last e3, same with revelations.

The E3 showing of MGS3 was still a tech demo, this is a game that was around 60% completion, and that was months ago. If they had any issues, it would've already been said.

Also, what I saw of Revelations looke very good still, so I don't get what you mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom