• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Trading Sequence

Kazumi

chagy
Did it bother you that Twilight Princess had no Trading Sequence, anywhere in the entire game at all? I mean. It's sort of become a Zelda Tradition. Every game has one.. Almost. And I have to say, the Trading Sequence has always been one of my favourite parts of a Zelda game. Be it the shiny new items such as a sword, or a boomerang, or just the thrill of trying to find out who to give the next item to, they are always fun.

Now TP, did not have one. And I think that a great potential was missed with this. Twilight Princess had quite a large overworld, with quite a few characters, so I would think that this would be the perfect place to hold the grandest of all grand Trading Sequences ever. But alas, there is no trading sequence.

What are your thoughts on this?

There technically was a Trade Sequence, in the form or restoring Ilia's memory. It functioned differently in some cases, but it was pretty similar.

It still wasn't the same though, and it was partially ruined by it being part of the main quest. I really missed having a real one, actually. They could have done better and added a cool reward, but they didn't. :(

And I agree with you that the world of Twilight Princess was perfect for a Trade Sequence, and that they could've have done a better one.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
The fact that Twilight Princess didn't have a trading sequence didn't really bother me. I usually don't finish most of them anyways. I do think that Twilight Princess's overworld was suited for a trading sequence, and Nintendo could've done better, making a trading sequence in the game. One thing I would love to have as the result of the trading sequence would be an new and improved Biggoron Sword, but in Twilight Princess.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Fine and dandy with me.

After playing OoT and OoX and so forth, I find I really am not fond of the trading quests. The early games I grew up with (LoZ, AoL) didn't have them, and neither did ALTTP... those were the only three Zelda games I'd played before playing TP, so I didn't miss trading, because I didn't expect it. Then, when I borrowed and played the other games in the sequence I'd missed and found I had to do a trading exchange... well, I find the trading sequences tedious.

OoX, for example, I don't get the wonderful Master Sword as a part of the normal quest, you know, like I'd come to expect to happen to the Hero, I had to jump through hoops/exchange this and that all over Holodrum and Labrynna to get it! (You can get the MS after getting the Noble Sword, which the trading quests are for). The Master Sword just doesn't seem to me like it should be an "optional" item only obtained through a long chain of trading people's crud like that.

The Biggoron Sword in OoT is awesome and I obtained in both the regular game and Master Quest - I just had to, it's a great weapon and I love swinging it around. It's just... I had to do some of the timed-race parts of of the tradiing quest more than once, and I found that very tedious.

So, TP not having one is great by me. Same for any future games - I don't think the trade quest is a necessity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom