• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A theory on Goron Reproduction.

The Goron race in The Legend of Zelda is quite fascinating in the sense that they all seem to belong to the male gender(atleast culturally; from a biological sense, they don't have a sex it would seem, as they are allowed into Gerudo Town in BotW)

How do they reproduce if they are all the same gender? Why, asexually of course! But how? Well:

-In MM, we see the only baby Goron in the series. He is the son of the Elder, who has a big hunchback.

-Gorons are referred to as ''Rock People'', and they eat rocks.

-Rocks contain minerals, or rupees, which are crystalized energy, which often has an effect on the body.

Based on these facts, I propose that the minerals/Force in the rocks that the Gorons eat build up over the years in their bodies, eventually forming a hunchback. This hunchback is actually a baby Goron, and when they're strong enough, they are born.

Got the idea of asexual reprodcution from a thread, and decided to expand on it with my own theory.

This is super smart, especially with the consideration that Rupees likely come from whatever magic made the Minish, as they are the ones that hide them in the grass. Rupees are shown to have magical properties, and the idea that those magical properties are what fuel the life inside the Gorons is fascinating.

I've imagined something similar to this for a while. With the amount of rock eating, and some of the populations we have seen, I doubt that the process is just automatic. The rupees could be an important part of the process, triggering the pregnancy process. It would also go into making since of why their society becomes more centered around trade when their populations are low. When high, they mostly mine for food, to feed the existing population. When trading, they could be trying to make babies. Put's every Goron shop owner in a new light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom