• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A System Fan Won't Work

I just recently finished up my first PC build ever, and everything went off without a hitch except for one tiny problem; one of the chassis fans won't work.

My case came with three chassis fans, and three 3-pin system fan connectors. My motherboard supports four 4-pin system fan connectors. I connected the three system fan connectors to system fan connector 1, 3 and 4 on my motherboard; I couldn't connect to two because none of the system fan cables could physically reach that far.

So, I have three system fan cables connected to the system fan connectors on my motherboard, yet only two of my chassis' fans will work. I know for a fact all three are plugged in to the system fan connectors, and I've un-plugged and re-plugged all of them in several times. Does anyone have any advice on what I could do to get that second fan to work?

And finally, are my parts in danger of overheating because the thrid fan won't work? My PSU fan works, my GPU's fans work, my stock-market heatsink works, and the two system fans work, it's just that pesky last fan that won't turn on. I want it to work because I spent over 1k on this damn thing and it all should work, I just want to make sure that in the mean time none of my parts are in danger. And no, I'm not overclocking at all, just interenet browsing and casual gaming

Thanks!

Clank

Hmm
Have you tried using another fan in the port that the dead one is plugged into, to see if it is just a dead fan?
To check temps you can use a program such as realtemp(yes, I know that it has inaccuracies in rare cases) or a similar program.
If the cpu consistently stays below ~50C when you aren't doing much and ~100C when you are pushing it, then you should be fine, gpus vary, but under ~90C should be fine.

So, yes please let me know what you find, and if you need any more help...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom