• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Story In the Clouds

gannondorf

Dark Lord Gannondorf
OK, so I recently had an idea for and short story and felt like I had to write it. You could say it came to me in a dream and that may be true,but I thought it was an interesting story so I feel like I shall tell it.

A lone boy,more more then 17 sits in a long grassy feild, behind him a city in the distance with clouds moving in a blue sky. He is resting in the feild, feeling completely at peace with the World as he stares up into the sky watching the clouds as the wind gently runs past him.

Then out of a cloud,he sees a small twinkle of light and then not but 10 feet away from him,comes a large flash of light and then an impact crater. The boy gets up to see just what had happened and what was this thing the now lay before him. The boy looked at the rather small impact creator and saw that half of a badly cracked a meteorite lay before him.

As he approached it, a bright light came from it and it had vanished again, leaving in its place,a lady who looked to be about 30,with white and blue hair,dressed in all white robes. The lady Spoke, I am the being known as the seerer, I have the answers to everything you may ask me.

The boy, wondering what was going on, asked the seer what had just happened and were did she come from.

The seerer replied, I came from the sky. I choose to come to you because We had seen you alone watching us. We have found no human to ever take notice or interest in us as we poss though the sky,so my master told me to greet you.

The boy seemed confused and the seer seemed to recognize this. perhaps it would be better to meet my master. I can take you to my master. out of another white light, a giant flame colored bird had appeared next to her. My master lives up in that direction. the boy notices the seerer points up at the cloud he was looking at. take this bird and it shall take you to my master.

As the boy looks up at the cloud the seers is pointing at,he notices something coming out of the could,a large red and yellow ship, long on length,short in width,with what seemed to be a wield kind of purple aura coming of of the bottom and back of the ship.

the boy, curous as to what this ship was, agreed to take the bird to the ship that the seer was talking about. the seer reply by saying, excellent, my master will be pleased.

The boy then got on the large flame colored bird and then in a flash of light,he,the bird and the seer was gone.

the boy now found himself on what felt like a metallic floor.feeling slightly dizzy, the boy got up and looked around. he appeared to be in some kind of room,with only a lone circular stone below his feet with the picture of a phoenix on it. The boy wondered what had happened to the seer and the bird and were and what this seemingly empty was.

Then behind him, he heard a voice. The boy heard it scream, WHO ARE YOU!? AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON MY SHIP?

Boy turned around,feeling rather scared.As he turned around, he saw what seemed to be a girl,looking around his own age,wearing black and pink clothes with bits of white on everything she was wearing with red of purple hair. She looked rather tall and skinny and seemed to scared at the boy with curiosity and seemingly anger.

The boy felt slightly scared of the girl before him as she kept demanding him to tell her who he was,but also felt something else in the back of his head,like a strange liking to the girl before him, a crush maybe?

The girl then said, fine, if you don't want to tell me who you are, I shall go and find out Myself, she said as she looked at the boy with a cute little smirk. if you would be so kind as to follow me. the Girl the walked in front of the boy with almost a graceful dance-like fashion over to a wall. before her, a large door had appeared.

The Girl said, well are you coming? The Boy then walked over to he and followed down a long hallway with what appeared a lone door at the end. as the girl led them to another room. O by the way, my name is robin, the Girl said with an almost mischievous and playful look on her face. The name seemed familiar to the boy,like it was a name of someone he had met before, but he just could not remember on who that person was.

They then reached the end of the hall of the door had disappeared, leaving a clear archway into another room.

As they walked into the room, the door then reappeared in the archway and the boy then noticed that this room seemed empty to.

Robin then turned to him, told him the close his eyes and said now we shall find out just who out are. The boy then did as he was told and closed his eyes. as he did so, he could a slight giggle come from in front of him. he then felt a warm rush fill his entire body and then nothing but slight coldness around him.

The boy then opened his eyes and found that he and Robin were now standing in a Large seemingly infinite room full of doors spanning out to as far as the boy could see. with the floor and air being made of nothing but small 1s and 0s.

Robin then said, now what shall we look at first she said as she walked around the boy with a half smile on her face...I've got it. She then clapped he hands and around then, the doors all at once flashed and then the one before them had opened.

Robin then walked into the doorway into another room and the boy followed her. The boy noticed this room was not empty like all the others, but had a large span of objects and animals. These animals and objects seemed familiar to the boy, like they were things that had been with him during the most happy times of his life, each one seemingly "speaking" a story of those times in his life. on the floor, the boy noticed a small pocket sized meteor by his foot,a slight cloud like aura surrounding it. the boy picked it up looking at it curiously.the meteor seemed to only say things about his time in the field up to now in this mysterious place.

Robin then took notice to the boy look looking the meteor and said, you like that don't you? fine, you can keep that if you like.

Looking satisfied, Robin walked out of the room with the boy following her. Now lets go even deeper into your personal places, Robin said, smiling with an evil grin. She clapped again and the doors around them flashed again. Robin then walking to the door behind him.

Robin opened the door and walked into it with the boy right behind him. all around them, the boy could see what looked like his hopes,dreams, likes and dislikes being display in an ever so real fashion. They all seemed to be surrounded by a cloud like aura and when the boy went over to them, all he did was walk right though the clouds revealing these things about them in visual sight for all in the room to see.

Robin then walked calmly walked past the all of the boys personal innermost thoughts and then she noticed in the corner a mirror. she walked over to it and looked into it.

The boy looked over and saw her looking into it, but all he could see was her standing in front of the mirror with only her reflection in it.

Robin then seemed to gain the most happiest of looks on her face, as she seemed suddenly filled with joy from what she had just saw. satisfied again, she walked straight in front of the boys path with the happiest of smiles on her face, gesturing him to follow her.

as they walking out the the room, the boy noticed Robins reflection was still there in the mirror, seconds before the door closed and they were in the big room with doors once again.

Robin was now standing rather close to the boy with her arm playfully and gently around his neck,looking happier then the boy had ever seen her.the boy felt something weird erupt in the pit of his stomach and as this happened Robin then said, now lets see one last thing, the most personal and well guarded innermost thoughts.

The boy felt Robin wrap her arm around his shoulders and saw her hand slowly go to touch his head.

In a flash, the room they were in dissappeared and before then, a dark, cave like room with two doors appears before then, one in front of them, and one behind them.

The boy Suddenly know were they had traveled to, and a sudden jolt of fear took over him,for he know what she was going to try to look at next.

Robin then let go of him and walked over to the door, though try as she might, it would not open. MMmmmm... Robin wondered, What could be in here that you don't want me to see?

Then she said, While this may be your most Interesting mind, I am the one who is in control here and gets to see every thought you have, now if you would place step over to the door. the boy slowly but unwilling did what she said and stood in front of the door.

Robin then put her hand on the his head and her other hand other the door and it was then that the door opened.

Robin then walked into the room, with the boy fearfully and nervously following her into the room. Around him, he could see what he know would be there. on the walls, all of his fantasy's revealed to her,on the floor,everything he had ever feared in his life with ironic a shadow of this room sitting in a far off corner. he saw all his moments of feelings of anger and hatred in his life, sleeping in a cage,sleeping and muttering nothing but promises of destruction with himself in one of the cages, though looking larger then him and demon-like in nature. Then he finally noticed something else, a large window on the wall revealing everything about the history of his life, good or bad.

Robin took a quick look at the walls,floor and then the cages and then walked over to the window that was revealing a quick summery of everything that has ever happened to him in his life.

The boy watched her watch the good,bad,personal and embarrassing parts of his life though this window with fear and complete embarrassment wishing she would stop looking at his thoughts and leave this room with him.

Robin then let out a playful evil laugh and told the boy she had seem everything she needs to and told him to follow he out, we won't be adventuring though your mind any longer.

In one of the cages just as they were walking out of the room, the boy could hear something, like one of the evil creatures in the cages demanding to know who was there.

the door the closed behind them. the boy noticed though the although it looked closed, it didn't seem properly shut to him.

Robin walked over to the second door the boy saw when they had entered the room and opened it.though this door, it was the hallway they had first gone though to get to the second empty room she stood close to the boy with her hands on his shoulders and said, I am please to have met you, you have an ever most wonderful and "Interesting" mind.your hopes and dreams are fascinating,your dislikes and likes interest me and fill me with joy to no end and your fears and embarrassments were cute and a good laugh.

The boy just stood there,looking at the bizarre happy look on her face as she faced him and then behind he at the door, for it was then he could hear something some from it.

a loud voice erupted from the door, Yelling "I WILL TAKE AND DESTROY ALL OF YOU!!!"

The door then burst open in an explosion, as the demon who resembled himself burst though the door, flames flying around everywhere.

Complete fear and panic erupted from the boy, as he started to run and yelled at Robin to do the same.

They ran to the next room across the hallway with the demon following them, there it stood, the stone circle with the phoenix with a second one right next to them. the bird of orange flames lay there waiting for him, and got on the bird. it was the a flash of light and him and his surrounds started to disappear. as the boy vanished he saw the girl on her stone circle with a white aura starting to swirl around her as the demon charged at her.

he then heard a high pitch scream and the girl,the demon and the inside of the ship was gone.

the boy then found himself waking up in what appeared to be the grassy field he was relaxing in before entering the ship. he noticed that Robin was not with him. realizing that she was still on the ship, he then looked up in the sky and then suddenly felt absolute guilt and fear for the girl he had just left behind.

The boy wished he could go back to the ship, he looked around for the bird, the seer, something to take him back but there seemed to be no way to return himself to the ship.

He then looked up in the sky and saw the ship he was starting to slowly move and in a few seconds, the ship vanished into nothing but a cloud.

the boy felt complete shot and horror, for he had liked the girl on that ship and felt guilty about leaving her with that demon. He wondered how such an Evil thing could exist,buried deep inside of him.

over the years the boy searched and searched for that same ship he had seen in the field, but after years of searching, he finally came to the conclusion that she and the ship was gone, and that the demon which the ship recreated from inside of him got both her and the ship.

Lying in the field were he saw the ship long ago, he feels compelled to write about his encounter.

THE END

Im not sure how good this really is but it was an idea that came to me in a dream and I felt like I had to write about it somewhere.

if anyone wants to take the idea/story and improve upon it, I welcome you to do so.

Also, if you think you can come up with your own dream story, I welcome you to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom