• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Roaming Threat?

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Wouldn't it be cool if in Skyward Sword there is some-sort of thing that roams around Hyrule that if you encounter it you are in serious danger like the Ghost Ship in WW or the Cyclone. I ask this because those two things in WW genuinely scared me. Mainly because I knew that if I encounted them I would either get sent all the way back to another Island or get all messed up by The ghost ship.I would like there to be one of these only instead of getting sent back you actually get hurt by what ever it is.

Pikacondon

Title.
Yeah... I liked those "roaming threats", at least when I played WW at my uncle's house- and a moving danger like that would make SS a better game. even better, one threat for Skyloft and another for Hyrule! Nice idea, ZeldafreakCM.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I'd love that! What a great idea. :D And if you manage to defeat the roaming threat somehow (like if it was an enemy), then maybe we could get a big reward or something. The enemy's difficulty and rewards should go up every time you defeat it... Sorta like Jolene from Phantom Hourglass! :D

Now that you mention it, the three games in The Wind Waker trilogy all had roaming threats -- TWW had the Cylones, PH had Jolene, and ST had the Dark Trains/Bomb Trains. I think they can do better than that, though. :D

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
The Cyclone nearly made me lose my pants when it came. I was like.. no no no NO. But Yeah, I guess this is a good idea. Really gets the adrenaline going.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Nice post, I'd have to say yes. It would certainly be intresting to have to face an enemy of some kind while on the road. I don't know if this counts, but King Bulbin comes to mind. Y'know? You had to fight him a few times around Hyrule, although he wasn't exactly "roaming". But the Cyclone was "roaming". But it wasn't an enemy. I guess Jolene is the best example of this. But if I remember correctly, she spots you randomly, and you can't see her from a distance. I'd like to see a roaming enemy you can spot from a distance and hide from if you're unready to fight, and if you just want to challenge it/him/her, you can just walk up to them. And I think there should be a few of them, too. And I also think they, or at least one of them, should be a swordsmen. This would be a great way to use the wii motion plus to it's potential swordplay-wise.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I love this idea. I can already see a scary beast or monster roaming and striking fear into the player hoping not to cross paths every time they see it. Just picture walking into the fields and seeing it from a distance knowing that you're going to have to fight it.

mninja13

Soulless
The Cyclone and Ghost Ship weren't scary whatsoever it was just another thing. It needs to be more like the doppelganger in Dot Hack. That thing scared me to death when I saw it, cause he chased me, appeared randomly, was stronger no matter what, and had creepy music play when he was near...

D

derkcloud

For some reason, when I was really young and playing OOT, the Peahats scared the crap out of me.

Djinn

and Tonic
Actually this does sound interesting.

As another third party enemy such as the Bulblin warband roaming Hyrule field causing trouble wherever they went would be fun to see again. As I really cannot see them ever being much of a large Hyrule conquering threat, or someone would would stay loyal to a single dark lord for too long. They were barely loyal to Zant in TP. The Great Moblin could be brought back for something like this as well, he has only appeared in the Oracles and I thought he was an interesting character. But an optional fight with a roaming party of Moblins/Bulblins would be a great addition to have in a game. Either as a minigame, miniboss situation, or for sidequests to rescue random villagers or people wondering out in the field.

Plus this would bring back the Epona horseback fights from TP, those were great but there were so few of them in the game and none of them were really optional. The Moblin/Bulblin warparty would create trouble in every location they are in and only shoot arrows at Link and ride away each time he came too close. Outrunning Link every time he came after them. So he would have to gain Epona to actually catch them and fight them whenever he encountered the warband in the field. Maybe for some kind of reward each time he fought them. Either more arrows, quiver, or rupees they had stolen from the villagers. They could also be a source of fire arrows since Bulblins used them so often. Each time Link kills a few, he would gain 5 or so fire arrows from the Bulblin.

I would also like to see a flying threat that could appear at any location in Hyrule for an optional miniboss fight such as the Argorok or Helmarock King. They were both seen constantly flying all around in the games that they appeared in. Usually causing trouble, breaking bridges, buildings, or just roaring and scaring Link. They would start out as background characters that are only seen flying overhead sometimes out in the field or near the mountains. Just a part of the scenery in a fantasy setting such as Hyrule. And over time would become more interactive. You could hear them roar once or twice when they came closer to your location, maybe knocking into a mountain causing some boulders to fall that you would have to avoid. Then after a certain amount of time or dungeons were completed in game, maybe after you gain something like the hammer or hookshot to reach them, then they can be met and fought when they are in the same location as Link. They could also drop quest items each time you fight them. The Helmarock could drop Roc's Feathers each fight resulting in Link eventually gaining a Roc's Cape. Or the Argorok could drop dragon scales that Link could use to craft a greater shield or armor from.

S

SkywardSword

This is a great idea! I remember when I played WW for the first time. I was 7 or 8, and when I first saw that cyclone, I was SO scared. I didn't know how to get away! After countless tries, I finally thought of using the bow, and I beat it.

But yeah, that's sweet. I can imagine it - you're running through Hyrule Field to the next dungeon. Suddenly- you hear a roar. Fear strikes your heart as you see the monster/thing running towards you. You try to run- but it's hopeless. You have to fight it. And you can't defeat it. And then... maybe it shows itself as one of the dungeon bosses?

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
those are good ideas.:D Honestly I like the idea of there being something that is big and bad but isn't necessary needed for the main plot. When I was making this thread I had an image of the Ruby Weapon in my head only similar to the Emerald Weapon from FF7 in the sense that the Ruby Weapon is the strongest while the Emerald Weapon roams the sea. If SS has a "Roaming Threat" I would prefer it to be big and ominous. Like when your near it the sky becomes black.

jack546

The chosen one
maybe if it was required like sa-x in metroid fusion maybe it could be dark link running around hyrule or whatever it is called.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom