• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Random Act of Kindness.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
So today I had to go to Starbucks so I could get on the internet for school because it was acting up at home. I get there, get set up, order my coffee and what do you know? I found out that i locked my keys in the car! I was so upset and I ca;;ed my mother asking what i could do. She told me to ask for help there. I thought to my self: "who would want to help me??" so i go to the Popeyes next door and eat something and contemplate what to do next. when I finish I told my self that it shouldn't hurt to ask. so i did, and there was an older gentlemen next to me who said he would help me out and all he needed was a coat hanger. well nobody had one at the Starbucks so he went all the way to the Lowes across the way to look for one. I was shocked beyond belief that this man was willing to do that for me just so i could get into my car! When he came back he told me that he couldn't find one so he took the antenna off of his truck to unlock my car and i was astounded that he went through all that to help me. Then another man came up and started to help as well because he had some pressure cuffs to prop open the window..
I was so grateful for there kindness and it made me wonder. How many of you had someone show you kindness like that? Have you ever when out of your way to help someone or just helped someone out even just a little bit? I would like to hear your stories.

P.S- horray for kind people!! :clap::clap::clap:

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
That's a really awesome story. You don't hear too many of those anymore. Unfortunately, I don't have any stories to tell. I guess you could say the best things I have done for people is opening doors and holding on to their stuff while they are trying to get their keys out so they can get into their car. However, most people don't trust, so it's hard to really help out much these days it seems like. But congrats for you, that's awesome! :)

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
Thanks. Though it is sad to say that your statement is true that people don't trust anymore I being one of them. Though sometimes it's best to do a small act with great and sincere kindness. I try to do what I can though it's not much. Today just felt like a eye opening experience for me and i wanted to share it. thank you for taking the time to read this.

That's an awesome story to hear!

Random acts of kindeness people have done for me? Well... I can't really think of anything right now other then people picking up my pencil when I drop it and minor stuff like that. I'm a very independent person, or try to be anyways, so I rarley ask for somebody elses help.

Random acts of kindeness I've done? Well I think I told this story before on another thread but I'll tell it again anyways. I whent to Gamestop to buy a game (duh) and found a copy of Pokemon Heart Gold on the ground. Instead of keeping it I turned it in to Gamestop because even though it was in the Outlets I knew most likley they dropped it coming from Gamestop. I hope the person came back and got it because that would make me feel really good inside :)

I like when things like taht happen, I feel bad I can't remember one at the moment but I've had situations like taht where other people I don't know trust I am saying the truth and go out of their way to help me out. It is awesome.

It depends on how I feel, but sometimes I have felt the impulse, it is not big things. Usually I just give away to who I think needs more than I do, material is replaceable. For example, I have paid for bus fare to people I don't know when I see them in the middle of the jam with the driver.

I once helped a lady in a small village put her escaped chickens back in her coop for her; she was allergic to them so she couldn't. In return, she gave me a bottle. :)
This sounds familiar... :lol:

So I held the door for an old lady today when I was leaving from work, being nice and whatever, right? BUT NO, she had the nerve to open the next door next to the door I just left opened for her and used it.

I felt shuned

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
So I held the door for an old lady today when I was leaving from work, being nice and whatever, right? BUT NO, she had the nerve to open the next door next to the door I just left opened for her and used it.

I felt shuned

Don't worry,I'm pretty sure alot of people are like that.
I only had to donate $20 for a field trip and I payed more because other people didn't have any extra money left to spare.

I live in Britain. Over here the question isn't "How many people have been kind to you". Instead it's "How many people haven't thrown a brick through your window" :P
I once helped a lady in a small village put her escaped chickens back in her coop for her; she was allergic to them so she couldn't. In return, she gave me a bottle. :)
I did that too, I did it a 2nd time and she gaved me a purple candie... I losted my teeth cuz of that jerk!
So today I had to go to Starbucks so I could get on the internet for school because it was acting up at home. I get there, get set up, order my coffee and what do you know? I found out that i locked my keys in the car! I was so upset and I ca;;ed my mother asking what i could do. She told me to ask for help there. I thought to my self: "who would want to help me??" so i go to the Popeyes next door and eat something and contemplate what to do next. when I finish I told my self that it shouldn't hurt to ask. so i did, and there was an older gentlemen next to me who said he would help me out and all he needed was a coat hanger. well nobody had one at the Starbucks so he went all the way to the Lowes across the way to look for one. I was shocked beyond belief that this man was willing to do that for me just so i could get into my car! When he came back he told me that he couldn't find one so he took the antenna off of his truck to unlock my car and i was astounded that he went through all that to help me. Then another man came up and started to help as well because he had some pressure cuffs to prop open the window..
I was so grateful for there kindness and it made me wonder. How many of you had someone show you kindness like that? Have you ever when out of your way to help someone or just helped someone out even just a little bit? I would like to hear your stories.

P.S- horray for kind people!! :clap::clap::clap:

It's truly amazing that there are still people out there like that :clap:!

Kleora

Kleora
Well, seeing as I'm in Canada, I've actually lost count of how many people do random, kind things. Whether to me or for other people, I see it everyday.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Once I was skateboarding in a lonely area. I hit something and went headfirst into the ground. The next thing I knew I was in the hospital. My best friend told me that an elderly gentleman was walking his dog when he saw me buried in a ditch. He called the ambulance immediately and yeah... This probably wasn't the kindest act of kindness that has been shown and done for me, but this is just an example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom