• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Question for Christians

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
*A questions for christians*

If you truely believe that once you die, there is more, a better life, would you be afraid of dying, or a little excited?

S

shadeninjaIII

I am more then excited about heaven even since I asked Jesus into my heart in middle school by my mother's bedside that faithful night. Also now that my name is written in the book of life with the blood of the lamb I do no fear the cold grip of death. Jesus Christ who died on the cross for our sins has saved me and this is why I do not fear death.

Well, I used to be a Catholic (I'm now Agnostic), so I'll answer the question based on how I felt when I was a Catholic. I was very excited about the thought of heaven.

At times when I was young, about 6 or 7, I would cry in bed at night at the thought of death. My mom would cheer me up with tales of heaven. She did this again a few years later when one of my friends passed away, and once more when one of my brother's friends passed on. The thought of a life after death gave me much comfort. I was still afraid of dying, of course, but more about the way I would die than death itself.

Now that I'm Agnostic, I am more scared of death. The thought of ceasing to exist scares me. It's better than hell but a lot worse than heaven.

Linkyme

Call me Coco :3
Based on my life so far, i can't wait. This world stinks.
i do agree, however, with living life to the fullest. Our time on earth is short, and as my mom calls it, it is only an experience. I don't believe in hell, however, because i know that my God is a kind God. He wouldn't punish souls forever. i believe in reincarnation, so i believe that he would send the souls who made mistakes "the first time around" back to earth to re-learn the lesson and hopefully choose a better road.

From what I can tell Christians have two things to fear from death:

1) That the experience of death itself will be unpleasant
2) That when a loved one passes on they may not make it to heaven (especially if you have friends of different beliefs)

Of course this would vary depending on the sect of Christianity, but I can still see why Christians would fear death. Added to that, it's natural for humans to be fear death and avoid it for as long as possible. The only people who don't are ones whose lives are very unhappy.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Well, our purpose on earth is to spread God's word and convert people to Christianity. When our time in this world ends we should be proud that our job is done and that we will be rewarded in Heaven. So, it's not really excitement, but contentment.

Well, I enjoy this life best I can and take advantage of my time here on Earth. As a human, avoiding death and a natural fear for it is a base instinct of mine, however being a Christian, the idea of dying is not as frightening or sad for me. Not that I'm excited to die, but when the time comes, I know I'm set to meet my Savior in Heaven! So am I waiting for death with great anticipation? No. Do I believe I'm ready and have nothing to fear? Yes :D

I've seen so many miracles happen that it would be impossible for there not to be a God. I've always believed in God and I know he looks out for us. Everything about us is a miracle. I've come to this conclusion. The human body is a machine, a very fine tuned one at that, and every machine has two sources of power and energy. For cars, you need gas to run, but how do you start it? with an electric spark. For light bulbs you need a running current of electricity and a closed circuit. Humans need food and water to survive, that's our running fuel. But how does a life actually start in the first place? Our soul... Our soul is the spark that started the blood flowing, the bones growing, and the body moving. I have no doubt in my mind that when I die, God will take my soul and take me away from this place... He'll take me home, he'll take all of us home... I know I'm not the best christian by any means... :( But I am a christian still and I will always help a person in need and do my best to be a good person! God forgives and he loves and we'll all be home someday :)

As a Muslim, I believe that life is a test to determine where we belong after we die. With that in mind, I don't fear death itself, I fear God.

"Every soul will taste of death. Then unto Us ye will be returned."
-Quran 29:57

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
From what the Bible says, the trials of this life are nothing compared to the glory of Heaven, so I have no fear of death. Do I like living? Of course. Do I want to die? Not really. But when my time comes, I'll face death head on and welcome him as if he were my friend.

From what the Bible says, the trials of this life are nothing compared to the glory of Heaven, so I have no fear of death. Do I like living? Of course. Do I want to die? Not really. But when my time comes, I'll face death head on and welcome him as if he were my friend.
Well said my friend :) very well said

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I couldn't say it any better myself! Well done!

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
well, i'm an athiest, but i'm still going to answer the question. i do not fear death. my reasoning is: i'll be dead, but i wouldn't know that. i would cease to exist in any way shape or form. it doesn't effect me, it only effects those around me.

BombchuPwns!

MAKE PASTA NOT WAR
When I die, I know I will be with God in Heaven. I'm Catholic, and my family's pretty religious, so yeah, I'm guess I"m sort of happy.

Ganon0075

Ganon, King of Douchness.
It is a part of life and thus I should have no reason to fear it for if I fear it I fear life itself.
So no, I am not afraid to die.
Do I want to die? Sometimes I do, but not at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom