• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild a query on the Flame sword

I have a flame sword ...dunno if that's the right name . afaik It's a magic sword .
I killed a stone talos with that thing, the flame went off after his whipping but came on back on again : )
Question: would this too get damaged and finally break after more whippings ?
I am preserving it for special occasions , but want to know does it 'act' like any other weapon in hand ( wear and tear ?)

Thanks all

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yes it will definitely break after more whippings. No worries though, all weapons will break after a couple of whippings :P The best weapon to use are hammers, bombs (takes a lot longer but won't break), drillshafts, axes, rock smashers. Don't try to use one or two handed weapons like swords and spears. They'll break faster.

can I also one more query here ...rather than logging a new thread .?

@ times I see a red cross with R.I.P text on the map
.....what is this telling me in the game ? Thx.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Okay Thx. for the Insight.!
Then I was doing it right, save these exotic swords only for the special guests .

Theres a few locations guarenteed to give you a Great Flameblade such as opposite the shrine in Hyrule Castle or a certain tree Stump near the colliseum

dtc

i recommend you to save a flameblade for lighting campfires. I always save in my inventory:
-At least one elemental weapon of each kind (bow spin+great frostblade is just godly)
-Boulder Breaker to break boulders (wow you didnt know that right?) ore deposits and talus (even though you can actually oneshot normal talus with urbosa's fury)
-A gerudo bow because of the zoom thing
-Korok leaf because rafts
-I also keep ancient shields because i can deflect guardian beams without parry and also because 70 defense

i recommend you to save a flameblade for lighting campfires. I always save in my inventory:
-At least one elemental weapon of each kind (bow spin+great frostblade is just godly)
-Boulder Breaker to break boulders (wow you didnt know that right?) ore deposits and talus (even though you can actually oneshot normal talus with urbosa's fury)
-I also keep ancient shields because i can deflect guardian beams without parry and also because 70 defense
This is Great ....and I mean to all of you guyz.
I have just reached the village where some guy wants to sell me a house if I bring 30 woodstocks to him. so I am too much behind at present to know and understand what a urbosa's fury is or where to obtain the boulder breaker. But I am chugging through ....and via this forum I can chug through a Bit faster ...I guess.
Thanks All !

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava

Campfires can be started with flint and a metal weapon or fire arrows, heck even bomb arrows do in a pinch ^^
Elemental Weapons become kinda pointless when you start accumulating the arrow varients.
Bombs/Bomb arrows are quicker, though they tend to send things flying away.
Ancient Bow is the best thing in existence for long shots, just means you get far me flying shots
You can magnesis a metal object (chest for preference but swords can be used if it's a big one) against the main part of the raft to push it along at a significant speed
Ancient shield or Guardian Shields cuz theres a difference, not much and it's mostly aesthetic, but yeah if you can't parry well or don't know the timings pick up one or the other ^^

This is Great ....and I mean to all of you guyz.
I have just reached the village where some guy wants to sell me a house if I bring 30 woodstocks to him. so I am too much behind at present to know and understand what a urbosa's fury is or where to obtain the boulder breaker. But I am chugging through ....and via this forum I can chug through a Bit faster ...I guess.
Thanks All !

Ahh Hateno the place where real estate becomes big business woodn't you know it. But seriously take your time with the game enjoy it and go at your own pace.

Great stuff Jirohnagi !
Pl. just keep them coming ....

one thing again : In hateno Village I went to a dye shop. I dyed with 5 flints and colour black ( read it somewhere ...to do like this)
what use is this dye for ( I have bought the soldiers armour here btw and donning it with this dye). ?

AND

does time pass , when I press the '+' button on the joycon or Pro-ctrlr ? ( when menu inventory is open) ? why I ask ...is at times I press it and go to the Loo ;) ...or answer the door(heh heh..) ... Or does time stay still when the '+' button is pressed ( as-it-was) ?

TIA

Last edited:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Great stuff Jirohnagi !
Pl. just keep them coming ....

one thing again : In hateno Village I went to a dye shop. I dyed with 5 flints and colour black ( read it somewhere ...to do like this)
what use is this dye for ( I have bought the soldiers armour here btw and donning it with this dye). ?

AND

does time pass , when I press the '+' button on the joycon or Pro-ctrlr ? ( when menu inventory is open) ? why I ask ...is at times I press it and go to the Loo ;) ...or answer the door(heh heh..) ... Or does time stay still when the '+' button is pressed ( as-it-was) ?

TIA

Dyes are purely cosmetic for armors, so if you felt inclined you could have a red armored link or a blue link.

Time doesn't proceed while in pause menu so if you pause and it's 10 to midnight in game when you come back it'll still be this.

Also just a side note theres a certain statue in hateno you might wanna meet if you ever decide you want more stamina in exchange for health or vice versa.......all it'll cost you is your soul......but not really your soul.

Really learn the limits of your stamina wheel and what you can do with it, no point in trying to ascend a mountain and failing cuz stamina ran out early on ^^

awright Great ..
makes the Game more understandable this way . There are actions I may be doing without having any idea about the repurcussions...so this all definitely helps.
I will stick to this thread for the time being and hope to get some more burning issues out of the way .

...on my options screen I see a 'Amiibo' option and (as I write) now I see one with the (my collected) runes too.
so here goes another noob query :) ...what is this Amiibo ?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
awright Great ..
makes the Game more understandable this way . There are actions I may be doing without having any idea about the repurcussions...so this all definitely helps.
I will stick to this thread for the time being and hope to get some more burning issues out of the way .

...on my options screen I see a 'Amiibo' option and (as I write) now I see one with the (my collected) runes too.
so here goes another noob query :) ...what is this Amiibo ?

Amiibo rune and option refers to the Amiibo figurines that Nintendo came out with a while back, most of their games now have compatibility with figurines made for that game. They are a plastic figurine with an NFC card inside with the data loaded on it, they generally run 10-20 bucks depending on where you get it, unless it's Amazon or Ebay then prepare to be scalped, using it unlocks various bits n bobs in games. In the case of BOTW you can get weapons, Armor sets (non upgradeable, and what's in game is better late game) and various items.

However some Amiibo, namely the OOT Link amiibo will spawn in Epona who has 4 stars in all horse stats, the Wolf Link Amiibo, which is part of the Twilight Princess Remaster set (or can be bought seperately i don't doubt) summons Wolf Link to your world theres a thing though as Wolf Link will only have a certain amount of hearts depending on how well you did at TPs optional hidden dungeon specifically made for that interation.

dtc

Campfires can be started with flint and a metal weapon or fire arrows, heck even bomb arrows do in a pinch ^^
Elemental Weapons become kinda pointless when you start accumulating the arrow varients.
Bombs/Bomb arrows are quicker, though they tend to send things flying away.
Ancient Bow is the best thing in existence for long shots, just means you get far me flying shots
You can magnesis a metal object (chest for preference but swords can be used if it's a big one) against the main part of the raft to push it along at a significant speed
Ancient shield or Guardian Shields cuz theres a difference, not much and it's mostly aesthetic, but yeah if you can't parry well or don't know the timings pick up one or the other ^^
But i suck at aiming with bow so i need gerudo bow, also it is easier to get because you need giant cores for ancient bow, and you know, giant cores are a pain to farm. Also elemental weapons can serve more in mellee fights, unless you have a very fast bow. (and bow spin is just great) Actually my bow inventory is pretty boring because besides from my gerudo bow i have all savage lynel bows so i have no problem in dropping one and switching it for a weaker but more useful one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom