• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Pokemon EV Training Tool.

Austin

Austin
This isn't one of those calculator/cheating programs. This program has one basic function. This is to keep count of EV points as you train a pokemon. I'll be releasing this based off versions and hopefully each version will be a little better then before. I don't plan to make a site for this program, so this thread will be where I deal with support/release information. It is still in the progress and this will be the place where I will post information.

Version 2.0 Released!
Version 2.0 64 Bit Released

PREVIEW:
myevcounter.png

COMMENTS:
I'm curious who here would be interested into using this program?

Version 2.0
Added Save Option
Added Open Option
Added Installer
Added Start Up Menu

Version 1.6
Added Vitamins.
Fixed some stuff.

Version 1.5 has a few minor changes. Not enough to call it version 2.0.
Added Custom EV option.
Added Pokerus Option.
The totals will change color if you go over the 255 and 510 limit.
No more 4 an 5 for the EV values.

I've forgot that there were few members here that ran 64 bit windows. I've released a 64 bit version and I would like to know what you all think? I don't have a 64 bit machine, I can't test it. So please tell me if it works and what not. Thanks!

Regular Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?zml4jondmgn

64 Bit Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?yuk04ectkuf

Last edited by a moderator:

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Cool! Looks great! I would be interested but I don't think it will work on this computer but good luck, it looks awesome!

I'd most likely use it, one thing that I really hate about EV training is keeping track of the pokemon's EV's, and considering I'm about to start again it would be something useful to use. :)

While I'm still very poor at stat training and the such, I've started to get into it far more, mostly fueled by Durion's tournament. I'd be very interested to use this tool. It would be cool if you could get it combined as an EV/IV dual calculator.

Mute

一員
This thing is actually rather awesome, it keeps me from getting confused while using my calculator to keep track. I'll probably use this if I ever decide to EV train again. Although, I think it could be a little bit better if you add an option to make it cap out at 510 max EVs, it probably isn't that big of a deal, but it seems like it may be a useful option.

EDIT: Instead of making another post, I'd like to say that it's even better now than before. (Version 1.6 at the time of writing.) Good job with this!

Last edited:

Austin

Austin
This thing is actually rather awesome, it keeps me from getting confused while using my calculator to keep track. I'll probably use this if I ever decide to EV train again. Although, I think it could be a little bit better if you add an option to make it cap out at 510 max EVs, it probably isn't that big of a deal, but it seems like it may be a useful option.

I was thinking that, but not everyone will EV train to the exact 510 points. I know I don't. I generally estimate each stat to the ~255. I could make that an option. I'm looking for new ideas.

Kybyrian

Well, it does cap so you can't get any more than 510 EVs, and no more than 255 EVs per stat.

Looks useful, but why do you have 4 and 5 EV Points on there? The max amount of EVs you can get from one Pokemon is 3. There is also no option for pokerus, which doubles the EVs gained.

Well, it does cap so you can't get any more than 510 EVs, and no more than 255 EVs per stat.

Looks useful, but why do you have 4 and 5 EV Points on there? The max amount of EVs you can get from one Pokemon is 3. There is also no option for pokerus, which doubles the EVs gained.

It allows you to pick items, like the Macho Brace and such. So, you could get up to 6 per pokemon using the Brace, or even more than that (which I'm not sure the exact calculations), by using the other items.

Austin

Austin

Pokerus. Thanks! That will be added to the new version! I may have some sort of warning or signal when you go over.
VERSION 1.5 Released

Last edited by a moderator:

Kybyrian

It allows you to pick items, like the Macho Brace and such. So, you could get up to 6 per pokemon using the Brace, or even more than that (which I'm not sure the exact calculations), by using the other items.

That does not explain why the EVs go up to 5. The macho brace should automatically double it. It's impossible to earn 5 EV points. No point in saying this, though, the newest version doesn't have the option to pick 4 or 5 or whatever.

hsb39

Why so logical?
Not sure if I would use it, but it certainly could be good and I would be glad to help make it better. Have you thought about adding Pokemon lists of who gives what and possible suggesting EV training spots (or maybe the ability to make notes so that someone doesn't forget an EV training spot)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom