• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Pokémon League?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
After trying the Simulator, I have to say it's pretty good and I think we should result to this. As stated before it clears up the whole trying to connect to Wifi problem and anyone could join. My only concern is actually connecting with each other. It's possible to make a group, or a server as they call it, but I'm not sure exactly how it works. If we do go ahead with this, I'd advise making a separate server specifically for us folks and go from there. Something to think about.

Yeah we could prolly do that, and if we get this going, we probably will.

Fourth gen when fifth gen has already been completed and is much easier to access wifi as well as more options for pokemon? That's a big mistake, most peoples wifi won't connect with fourth gen games.

As well there are not enough players of pokemon on this site to have 12 official leaders/elite 4, even 4 would have been pushing it.

I know, that's why it would be an original world, not like we'll have all twelve gyms and E4's like in the game, that's probably impossible with so few Pokemon players here willing to give this a chance. Depending how many joined we will go from there. We might not even have Gym Leaders if we are few, we could just represent a Type and battle each other and keep records or something while crowning a champion, but we'll see how it goes. I'll probably allow the remainder of this month to pass before I bring an end to the joining period; for now you can still join if you want, and keep suggesting stuff. ;)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
i might have to give this simulator a little download in case we do get started.

I said I was going to download the other night but I didn't, and only because I am not sure whether we'll get this project going. I don't see too much enthusiasm. :( lol But if we do agree to do it, I will surely download it.

I'll like to join if that is fine with you. I would like to be a Ghost-type Gym Leader/Trainer. A little hesitant on downloading it, but I'll download it later today. :)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I'll like to join if that is fine with you. I would like to be a Ghost-type Gym Leader/Trainer. A little hesitant on downloading it, but I'll download it later today. :)
It's always fine with me; the more the merrier. :cool: I will add you to the list. :nod:

Yay! Thanks Atsuma! I was deciding between either Bug or Ghost, but I decided Ghost. Anywho, yay, merrier!!!

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Yay! Thanks Atsuma! I was deciding between either Bug or Ghost, but I decided Ghost. Anywho, yay, merrier!!!
Yeah, no problem. :)

Btw, people; if we do end up getting this to work, what Generation should we use? What gen are you most comfortable with?

It doesn't make any difference to me, I will tell you all now that I will participate using whatever Generation of Pokemon we all agree to. So if you want the generation you want, make sure you give us your vote on it.

what Generation should we use? What gen are you most comfortable with?

Tricky for me since I don't have a preferred generation and I use a variety of Pokémon from different Generations. I think it's best to leave that open to avoid complications.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Tricky for me since I don't have a preferred generation and I use a variety of Pokémon from different Generations. I think it's best to leave that open to avoid complications.

Open as in have us all use whatever Pokemon from any Gen that we want to use? If so, yeah, that would totally work with me, I'd be fine with it. :cool:

Open as in have us all use whatever Pokemon from any Gen that we want to use?

Indeed. I would be in trouble if we were restricted to specific Generations. Because My signature Pokémon is Gen II, I wouldn't have much of a team since there aren't many Psychic type Pokémon in Gen II.

I concur. Using any generations would avoid complications and I love the Ghost-type Pokémon from most of the generations. What about legendary Pokémon? Just wondering as you said nothing. :)

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I concur. Using any generations would avoid complications and I love the Ghost-type Pokémon from most of the generations. What about legendary Pokémon? Just wondering as you said nothing. :)
Good question. Well, we can probably leave these out, or unless everyone is willing to, we can somehow bring them into the mix. Any ideas?

I have one or two:

We can have a separate tournament or something that would allow us to use Legendaries. For instance, you'd use three Pokemon of the type you represent, one Pokemon of your choice, and a legendary, but that is just me. Or, we can just have a legendary league as well, where you'd only be able to use Legendaries.

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
No matter what something is always gonna be stronger than everything else, it's not up to people in power to ban what is strong but rather up to those who dare challenge better to become better.

I can raise a non legendary level 45 capable of killing a level 70 mewtwo in leaf green, they arn't that OP, they just have more stat points, it's balanced out among their stats so none of them go over 160 base stats, where as blissey has much more than that, is not a legendary and suffers in other areas as a result. I don't really care since this is generation four so I can't partake either way but just thought you should know that.

I agree once again that Legendary Pokémon shouldn't be included. What exactly are the Pseudo-Legendaries?

EDIT: Didn't see The Purple Knight's post. That is true. After all, the Elite 4 and Gym Leaders are there to test the strength of one's Pokémon. I guess I take back what I said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom