• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Pokémon League?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Hey ZDers, DGNers, etc. I've been wanting to make this kind of project for a while now. I wasn't sure of myself about posting this info, but Lukemon convinced me by telling me that there are peeps here who might be interested in this sort of thing.

Anyway, I have in mind making a small world relating to Pokemon, but one that I intend to use for a Pokemon League. This world would have cities, or small towns, like the real Pokemon cities found in the games. These cities and towns would have gym leaders, and that's where you would come in if you are interested in joining this project. You'd be a gym leader (or just a trainer) and would participate in battles against other gym leaders (or trainers). If you are interested this is what you need to know:

1. You need to have a game that can connect to HG/SS for battles. Those would be Diamond, Pearl, & Platinum.
2. When your time to face off against another gym leader/Trainer comes you'd need to be able to battle, so you would need to be able to connect using Wi-Fi, etc.
3. You would be able to pick your gym type, and city, (the city/town once I have the map) and a badge of your own creation if you want. As a gym leader you would be required to use 3 Pokemon of the type your gym represents, and perhaps one other Pokemon of your choice, all at level 50.
4. Other info will be discussed if the project goes further, such as prizes, rules, etc.

I think that's about it. If we can get at least more than five people, we can proceed on the next step of this project, which would be me making up the world. If others join I will edit this blog and the info at the thread in Pokemon section.

Joined so far:

Atsuma (Fire Type)
Lukémon (Electric Type)
Vatti101 (Psychic Type)
Odd300 (Ghost Type)

Possible Trainers/Gym Leaders
Linkfan621
TheBlueReptile
Xinnamin (Ice)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know Wyatt created a Pokemon League group months ago but nothing materialized from it.

It's certainly a great idea and since DGN lacks a Pokemon centered event, or any event based on the franchises it represents, this could be a good idea for integration. Maybe make post bit awards as well for those who beat the Elite IV.

Interesting Idea. I would like to join, but I'm having Trouble connecting to Wifi with SoulSilver as I'm using my 3DS. If we could use Black, White, White 2 and Black 2 that would make life so much easier.

Last edited:

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I will be dark if i am able to.

Scratch that if no one wants grass Ill do grass.

Last edited:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Gonna repeat what I already said in Ats' blog:

If I may suggest something: Pokemon Online
It's a pokemon battle simulator program. It would actually make this kind of thing more accessible especially to people who either don't have good enough teams on their gen 4 games or don't have reliable wifi for their DS's. It also allows more flexibility to create type-themed gyms, as well as more flexibility on level restrictions.

I mean, if you just wanted to go through with real hand-raised teams the old fashioned way, feel free to ignore, but I've used Pokemon Online to battle friends quite often before and it does make battling other people much more convenient. You can just copy over all the stats and moves from your in-game team into the simulator anyways.

I guess for people who have serious problems with downloading random programs this may be a turn off, I've used it often and I can vouch that it's totally safe. It solves the issue of people unable to connect their DS to wifi though, I know many people have that issue. It'll also allow your league to get around generation restrictions and allow anyone, regardless of what game they own, or even if they own a game, to participate.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
I think this is gonna be pretty cool having our own little pokémon league. Pretty great idea, and I think I got the team sorted out already.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I'll just leave my blog comment right here.

Atticus the Great said:
You should really just join Wyatt's group, honestly, we're already doing a similar thing. The only reason it "never took off" is because we implemented it too late during the summer, and school for many users became an issue. Otherwise, the group was incredibly active; we had RPs, tournaments using Pokémon Online/Pokémon Showdown, and made Trainer Cards with Pokécharms. All you have to do is ask Wyatt to join the group and you'll easily be accepted. I'm sure the group will pick up its original activity again during the summer.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
So this idea/project got some positive attention. :) Awesome! What we now must do is to discuss whether we'd want to do it using our DS's to connect and battle, or use the Pokemon battle simulator that Xinny posted up. I actually lean either way; all I really want is for us to have some form of entertainment and have fun playing Pokémon. I don't consider it competition, but there is some of that involved, but really, it's mostly to have fun and make friends.

And, we can also discuss what other activities we can have within this League/Project. Battling each other would be awesome, that way we could determine who's the best trainer. But it would not be just once, we could continue doing this every other week or month, depends how we all agree to do it. The first winner of all of us could become the Champion of this world of ours. To take him or her on and challenge for the crown, we'd have tournaments and the winners would move on. Or, if there are plenty of us, then we could have gyms and elite fours, etc, and rotate and also have trainers who would aspire to beat the Pokemon League. And now, I come to prizes. Well, I dunno what we could offer the winners, but there is lots we can do when it comes to this, we'd do well to discuss that too.

Anyway, anyone who might still be interested in this thing just post your ideas and stuff, I promise that they will all be considered. ~Atsuma

Edit--

Btw, if you want me to add you as a gym leader or trainer, just say so. Also, consider Atticus' previous post, the one above mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Due to various complications with connecting gaming devices to my school's wifi, I can't reliably connect my DS. If you guys decide to go the way of Pokemon Online tho, I've got a pretty nice Ice Team set up that I could use for a gym, just fyi =P

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Due to various complications with connecting gaming devices to my school's wifi, I can't reliably connect my DS. If you guys decide to go the way of Pokemon Online tho, I've got a pretty nice Ice Team set up that I could use for a gym, just fyi =P
If we end up doing this using the simulator do you want me to add you to the list as the Ice type gym leader/Trainer? I don't know whether this project will actually get off the ground, but if you want dibs on that, I can add you. ~Ats

I've just downloaded the Pokémon simulator and now customizing my team. Feel free to put me down as a Psychic Gym Leader ;D

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I've just downloaded the Pokémon simulator and now customizing my team. Feel free to put me down as a Psychic Gym Leader ;D

Alright. I will also download the simulator later tonight just in case we do get this project going. Anyone else wish to join? :P

After trying the Simulator, I have to say it's pretty good and I think we should result to this. As stated before it clears up the whole trying to connect to Wifi problem and anyone could join. My only concern is actually connecting with each other. It's possible to make a group, or a server as they call it, but I'm not sure exactly how it works. If we do go ahead with this, I'd advise making a separate server specifically for us folks and go from there. Something to think about.

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
Fourth gen when fifth gen has already been completed and is much easier to access wifi as well as more options for pokemon? That's a big mistake, most peoples wifi won't connect with fourth gen games.

As well there are not enough players of pokemon on this site to have 12 official leaders/elite 4, even 4 would have been pushing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom